The Portal Between Worlds; A Pathfinder Adventure.

Started by Blinkin, April 15, 2014, 04:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metro Mech

I have thought of couple questions: first do you care if a male plays a female and vise verse  second do you want a background?
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
A/A <- check here if I haven't replied in some time
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
Behold my O/O

schnookums

Damn, life clams down enough for me to rejoin E again, and I come in quite late to the party. Well, if  spot does open up I'd be itnerested.

Blinkin

Quote from: Godric the Radical on April 16, 2014, 10:25:49 PM
I have thought of couple questions: first do you care if a male plays a female and vise verse  second do you want a background?

First question: You can play whatever you want as far as sex goes. If you are male and want to play female, I do it myself on a somewhat regular basis. The potential for a male RPer to find him/herself in the body of the opposite sex might be quite interesting to play, so keep that in mind if you're a male playing a female college student playing a male fantasy character. Your female RPer is going to have a little trouble relating to being a man for a little while. Vice versa and so on.

Second question: Yes, a background is going to be very, very nessessary. It will not have to have very much specific on where things happened in the fantasy character, but for the RPer, a little more detail will be required. I will also note that Personality of both characters will also be very important in some detail because I'll have to play the fantasy character in his brain accurately for at least a short while.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Blinkin

Schnookums, there's still time if you're interested. I haven't made any decisions on players and with this much interest, it's going to come down to character concepts on who gets the slots. So, still plenty of time. I haven't even posted the part that'll wwhittle down the interested. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Ebb

Quote from: Blinkin on April 17, 2014, 06:21:40 AM
Schnookums, there's still time if you're interested. I haven't made any decisions on players and with this much interest, it's going to come down to character concepts on who gets the slots. So, still plenty of time. I haven't even posted the part that'll wwhittle down the interested. ;)

$5 / week GM fee, PayPal accepted?

Blinkin

Quote from: Ebb on April 17, 2014, 06:23:52 AM
$5 / week GM fee, PayPal accepted?

That was 10 years ago... today, it's $7.50, or a weekly pizza for the GM's enjoyment. ;) If I were serious, sending me a pizza every week would get you in in a heartbeat. lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Blinkin

Ok, character generation guidelines have been added to the first post. I am open to discussion about customization of character(s) development if asked, but you'll have to ask to find out what the answer is.

For the moment, I would prefer that only class and race be discussed here, although a broad and general idea of the character may be offered as well if desired. All details will remain between me and the individual player until final decisions are made though.

Thank you for your interest and I hope to see some good concepts. For those who make it, if you give me good background and personalities, there may be an XP bonus involved.

Good luck and see you in the funny papers!
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blinkin

You can ask for dibs, but no garrentees. We both know how popular spell-slingers are in Pathfinder.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

hunkaroo

Hey, not sure if this is closed or not, if so good luck to everyone, but if you're still looking for one of the 8-9 interested parties I'd love to feel this out.

Blinkin

Quote from: hunkaroo on April 17, 2014, 06:45:23 PM
Hey, not sure if this is closed or not, if so good luck to everyone, but if you're still looking for one of the 8-9 interested parties I'd love to feel this out.

You're free to offer a character concept and see what happens. Out of the interested people who offer characters, I'll be picking 4 or 5 for the game based on the characters and how they fit the story that I'm trying to tell.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

hunkaroo

Well I'd love to toss my hat in.  So we're all brainstorming together in terms of class(es) and race choices?  Well I guess the best idea is to figure out what people were most interested in, right?  I'd say a Bard, Cleric, or Oracle would be my top choices as either a Half-Elf or Human.  Of course I'm open to most things and don't want to step on any toes!  It's always fun to make characters that tie together in some way, I realize it might be limiting in this situation given more than the five are submitting applications, but it's all in the nature of fun and if anyone has any thoughts or wants to work on a pair together, let me know!  (Assuming it's okay by Blinkin)

Blinkin

The sharing of race and class may be useful, otherwise I'll probably end up with all spell-throwers and nothing in the melee or sneaky departments. There WILL be a need for both (hint, hint) in the game, so someone offering them may be nice. I won't comment on what I've seen so far in submissions, but I can't promise that a "working team" will both get in. But, feel free to talks amongst yourselves and see what falls out. It'll certainly help me to see what initial thoughts are.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ebb

I've submitted a concept to Blinkin for a Human Oracle. But with a little squinting the same character could be redone as a Druid.

Belisuavious

Metro Mech

Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
Behold my O/O

Muse

Characters area already being sent in? 

I must have missed something.  (Or forgotten it.  I have slept since then...) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blinkin

Quote from: Muse on April 18, 2014, 04:22:08 AM

Characters area already being sent in? 

I must have missed something.  (Or forgotten it.  I have slept since then...)

A few have been sent in for review, mainly the college students side of things. There's still time and I won't make a final selection until it looks like I have everyone who's interested in applying.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

Is it too early to roll the attributes?  With a random element like that involved I like to know what I have to work with before I concept. 

I'm also torn between another incarnation of Gabriel and coming up with something COMPLETELY different. 

Blinkin

Quote from: Muse on April 18, 2014, 04:40:32 AM
Is it too early to roll the attributes?  With a random element like that involved I like to know what I have to work with before I concept. 

I'm also torn between another incarnation of Gabriel and coming up with something COMPLETELY different.

You can roll abilities whenever you want to. I would like to have something on the college student as well.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Blinkin

GM Announcement!

After several peole asked about the point buy system and seeing a couple of the randomly rolled scores, I've agreed that then point buy is a more balanced system to use. I want to apologize to anyone who has already rolled up the ability scores, but we'll be using a 28 point point buy for the ability scores. Add in racial mods and don't forget that you get a +1 to 1 ability score at 4th level.

Thank you for your interest and we are still accepting character concepts for the slots to be filled.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Metro Mech

Alright I understand but you wanted to speak to me?
Behold my O/O

Blinkin

Godric, I'm not sure what you mean, I'm hoping for some more details on the college student's background, but that's about it, I think.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

I'll come up with a student and character concept if you like.

Blinkin

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 18, 2014, 12:10:35 PM
I'll come up with a student and character concept if you like.

Well, if you want to try to get in, that would be helpful. ;)

At the moment, there are 4 submissions out of the 10 interested parties with 2 more promising character information in the next few days. I'm holding off on making decisions on character selection until I have a few more characters to look at. Still plenty of time to get a character in if you want a chance; no real rush, but I'm shooting for having the list of players from those submissions by the middle of next week.

Thank you for your patience.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.