birth of power armor (interest check)

Started by zenpai, March 24, 2015, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenpai

the rough outline

Plot: an alien artifact has suddenly increased the technological advancement of mankind. In to space and beyond. The united world government (UWG) was formed as earths one controlling entity. As the earth population grew the UWG sent out space colones. For year the colones thrived until the brutes came. The brutes call themselves brutes as it is the closes earth word to describe there race. The brutes are a warrior race who prefer to use hand to hand weapons.  The brutes have an electromagnetic pulse like device that can knocks out all non piloted machines. The UWG found out about a group of student  working of an armor capable of being used to fight the brutes.

Settings:  start a the University of future technologies (a college in space  it about a 1/3 the size of the moon), the front lines of the war with the brutes.

Roles: Everyone on the team has a degree in some form of robotics or technology   

Rules: this is about power armor, not mechs. be creative, there are alot of things that can be used as weapons that are not weapons.   
The story is indifferent to sexuality.
The students have almost no combat experiences. At best they play paint ball or a few first person shooter games.
god modding “Will” result in an epic fail. 

---
Other info:
Apps

Name : (your students name)
subject expertise: (the area of technology there the best at )
history: (what make them who they are )

Prototype :(your armors name and what its used for. Non combat uses)
---
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Nowherewoman

VERY tentatively interested- do you have more as far as plot and mechanics?
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

zenpai

Quote from: Chrystal on April 02, 2015, 05:00:31 AM
Ditto... (Hi NW, fancy meeting you here? *giggles*)

I'm guessing this would be during a war, when the player characters are amongst the first military units to get this new experimental technology?

I can see all sorts of plot devices with things going wrong with it, people taking critical hits on joints that make the armour seize up, some clever sod on the other side sets off an EMP weapon which fries all the electronics in the suits...

But yes, more detail needed please on setting and game mechanics?

I like the idea of the military weaponizing a project that was meant for exploration. so the power armor wont start off combat ready. but still get used in combat. I like the idea of the armors breaking down, falling apart, or getting the systems fried. i kinda need more feed back. i cant put into word the way i want it to work out.
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Nowherewoman

Well, one way to go might be to have the team who actually built the stuff end up getting drafted to run and test it. Possibly an emergency situation? Aline invasion or something?
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

zenpai

college level robotic students create a suit designed for rescuing people from cave-ins , avalanche, and others. the military steal there designs and uses them. the students have a choice of helping the military or death. something like that works for me

zenpai

Quote from: Chrystal on April 06, 2015, 05:43:34 AM
Seems a bit draconian... I would suggest "College students have the choice  between helping the military, or being left penniless on the streets with no income, no means of getting a job and the threat of being arrested for breach if national security if they so much as breath a word of what happened.

Yeah, I know, it amounts to the same thing, but actually someone who was really into the whole social liberal scene might choose to die rather than help the DoD steal their life's work!

I hate it when my imagination does this: I have my character already forming! Please could I be "the traitor"? The one who has contacts in the Pentagon and actually informed the Army what the students were working on, and subsequently tries to persuade the others that it's a good idea?
i am OK with it. i just see a need for a few more people if that's OK

Eliteempire

Won't lie for half this thread i thought of when Zaku's from Gundam and Thunder Warriors from warhammer until the end. I'm interested in this as well.

Rayne Bluestone

once I read all the posts sounds somewhat interesting.

zenpai

rough out line of the story is up

Eliteempire

So our first model suits are civie grade correct? No weapons and made of civilian usage?

akirakaneda

zenpai

Quote from: Eliteempire on April 13, 2015, 01:01:48 AM
So our first model suits are civie grade correct? No weapons and made of civilian usage?
yeah... and keep in mind the experimental armors.
creativity is key. a presser washer + gasoline = flamethrower
-----
Anyone who need some ideas to start feel free to pm me.

King Serperior

I could possibly, tentatively be interested.  The question is if the game still has a pulse (I.E. are the players who expressed interest still interested?).

That said, I have a character and Armor idea.  The basics is that my character is desgning (and nearly completed) what he calls an "Omni-Rescue Titan' which is a large Power Armor designed exactly as it is called.  In terms of size, it's about as big and armored as Iron Man's 'Hulkbuster' suit.  This is because it's designed to take the 'pilot' into very dangerous locations to rescue anyone who is trapped or injured.  The 'Omni' part of it's name means that it can be used underwater, in space, and on land due to it's pressurized nature.  In order for the former two locations, it can be equipped with the appropriate thrusters.  It's arms have large crushing/cutting claws similar to more advanced versions of the 'Jaws of Life.'  Each arm also is equipped with high power cutting torches that can be used in all three locations that it is designed to function in.  In order to help push, pull, and lift objects and/or people out of the way or to safety, it has hands and fingers.

That said, if there's still interest, that's what I have so far in terms of Armor design.  No weapons, but the tools CAN be used as weapons quite easily.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

zenpai

Quote from: King Serperior on April 19, 2015, 12:18:41 AM
I could possibly, tentatively be interested.  The question is if the game still has a pulse (I.E. are the players who expressed interest still interested?).

That said, I have a character and Armor idea.  The basics is that my character is desgning (and nearly completed) what he calls an "Omni-Rescue Titan' which is a large Power Armor designed exactly as it is called.  In terms of size, it's about as big and armored as Iron Man's 'Hulkbuster' suit.  This is because it's designed to take the 'pilot' into very dangerous locations to rescue anyone who is trapped or injured.  The 'Omni' part of it's name means that it can be used underwater, in space, and on land due to it's pressurized nature.  In order for the former two locations, it can be equipped with the appropriate thrusters.  It's arms have large crushing/cutting claws similar to more advanced versions of the 'Jaws of Life.'  Each arm also is equipped with high power cutting torches that can be used in all three locations that it is designed to function in.  In order to help push, pull, and lift objects and/or people out of the way or to safety, it has hands and fingers.

That said, if there's still interest, that's what I have so far in terms of Armor design.  No weapons, but the tools CAN be used as weapons quite easily.

well i got to check on whos still interested.

As for your armor...  you would be a tank. Slow but powerful like the hulk. when you can take a lot of hit you don't need to be fast. I think about black widow vs. the hulk. if he could have got a hold of her. but you good if you want to pm me we can go more into detail

akirakaneda

Well I am interested so here is a preliminary idea for my character:

Name : Saigo Miyamoto
subject expertise: Old school mechanics and robotic engineering (screw, combustion engines not much into software)
History: He comes from Japan, he lost his real family at the age of 3 in an earthquake, after spending a time in an orphanage was adopted, and since very young he likes robotics and built little robots since he was a teenager, and then won a scholarship to go to the UFT, and then started to think in a light-weighted but high-powered machine which could work in the ruins of a city able to rescue people under the building debris.

Prototype : Marlene 2.3
marlene 2.3

motorcycle form: able to go to the disaster place easily and fast

armor form: notice the saw on the right arm,and the protection for the user in case he needs to go inside collapsed buildings

King Serperior

Quote from: zenpai on April 19, 2015, 09:44:29 AM
well i got to check on whos still interested.

As for your armor...  you would be a tank. Slow but powerful like the hulk. when you can take a lot of hit you don't need to be fast. I think about black widow vs. the hulk. if he could have got a hold of her. but you good if you want to pm me we can go more into detail
Well, I'll keep an eye on things for a few days.  It may turn out that it's not the game for me, but it just depends on who all is interested.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

zenpai

Quote from: akirakaneda on April 19, 2015, 11:55:04 AM
Well I am interested so here is a preliminary idea for my character:

Name : Saigo Miyamoto
subject expertise: Old school mechanics and robotic engineering (screw, combustion engines not much into software)
History: He comes from Japan, he lost his real family at the age of 3 in an earthquake, after spending a time in an orphanage was adopted, and since very young he likes robotics and built little robots since he was a teenager, and then won a scholarship to go to the UFT, and then started to think in a light-weighted but high-powered machine which could work in the ruins of a city able to rescue people under the building debris.

Prototype : Marlene 2.3
marlene 2.3

motorcycle form: able to go to the disaster place easily and fast

armor form: notice the saw on the right arm,and the protection for the user in case he needs to go inside collapsed buildings

good idea for a armor.

Saigo Miyamoto looks like a mechanic. to get into the UFT you have to do something that gets you noticed. Unless you were born there you. think about a place were you need an degree to wait tables ,unless you were lucky to had been born there. your guy seem better suit to had been born on UFT.

Quote from: King Serperior on April 19, 2015, 01:45:21 PM
Well, I'll keep an eye on things for a few days.  It may turn out that it's not the game for me, but it just depends on who all is interested.
it's all good   

zenpai

Mortarus it first come first serve so make an app.

King Serperior

Well, looks like I won't be able to play this one.  Apologies, but it appears I must take my exit.  Good luck though!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

zenpai

Quote from: Mortarus on April 20, 2015, 09:42:08 PM
Name : Nakama Fukushin
subject expertise: Programming
history: Always been the best in his class, learned programming on his own when he was young, programmed himself a friend AI since he doesnt have any friends. Managed to get to the UFT to learn about what he loves most. He's really good in electronics too.

Prototype : Took an ancient robot prototype and modified it to be weight less and added some features : an integrated AI which can do tasks for you like target spotting, calculations and tactical decisions with a head-up display to help give you direct tips.
He made this prototype to help scientists with their team managment, in real time calculations with drawing of their plans directly on the HUD.
The armor is equipped with big gloves to manipulate dangerous materials and a gaz mask in case of a leak.

It would look similar to this picture, but without the leg part which at the same time would reduce the size of the bagpack where is the battery.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Sounds good or it's too much?
its funny but I'm not worried about your armor. your history is lacking

zenpai

my app

Name : Kendrick Thompson-king
Subject Expertise: Master Electrician , Electronic Engineering (field installation )
History: Kendrick birth father died in power plant explosion. When he was 12 his mom married john king. John king's family help fund the UFT in it beginning. for the next 4 year he went to the finest prep school. Inspire of his wealthy step father he drop out went to worked for 5 years as an electrician. Kendrick was forced into entering the UFT by his Stepfather as his legacy. If Kendrick had refused he would have been blacklisted as a electrician. Over the next 5 year he became a master electrician for the UFT. Recently he has come up with 2 new invention that he refuses to let the king family take credit for.

Prototype : Live wire (a suit capable of reducing electrician death by 80 %.  The suit recharges from any power source. The come equal with all standard electrician tools. The also protects the wear from fall up to 30 feet on to reinforced concrete. )
------

Thought i would try to drum up interest with my app.

zenpai

The UFT is a college the size of a small planet. it filled with the brights minds in the known universe. this is a world were Brains rules over brawn

possible role ideas:

Metallurgy who creates a new alloy.

Programer who creates a cybernetic lifeform.

---

In the beginning the story is based more on character interaction

zenpai

Captain Whitebread

Name : Paul Cannon
subject expertise: Double Master's Degrees in Geology and Metallurgy
history: Paul grew up on a mining colony in an asteroid belt.  He's spent most of his life in low G, so he is tall and gangly.  He tires easily in regular gravity.  His family were independent miners and the more they mined, the better off they were, so a significant amount of energy and effort was put into making better digging machines.

Prototype(s) : The Badger - a machine designed to dig quickly through softer material.  Looks like the steroid abusing result of a one night stand between a roto-tiller from Hell, and a tank.

: The Mole (aka the Violator) - a machine designed to bore quickly through hard rock.  It looks like an industrial strength boring machine using a number of independent variable speed ram-drills/jack-hammers.

: Toad (aka Toad in a Hole) - a small machine designed to seek out and rescue miners during a mine collapse.  It consists of a number of hydraulic jacks that can be left behind to support the ceiling as it goes deeper into the mine.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

zenpai

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on June 19, 2015, 08:03:47 PM
Name : Paul Cannon
subject expertise: Double Master's Degrees in Geology and Metallurgy
history: Paul grew up on a mining colony in an asteroid belt.  He's spent most of his life in low G, so he is tall and gangly.  He tires easily in regular gravity.  His family were independent miners and the more they mined, the better off they were, so a significant amount of energy and effort was put into making better digging machines.

Prototype(s) : The Badger - a machine designed to dig quickly through softer material.  Looks like the steroid abusing result of a one night stand between a roto-tiller from Hell, and a tank.

: The Mole (aka the Violator) - a machine designed to bore quickly through hard rock.  It looks like an industrial strength boring machine using a number of independent variable speed ram-drills/jack-hammers.

: Toad (aka Toad in a Hole) - a small machine designed to seek out and rescue miners during a mine collapse.  It consists of a number of hydraulic jacks that can be left behind to support the ceiling as it goes deeper into the mine.

good idea it works for me