What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sel Nar

As for games currently being played....

Arkham City on my PS3, Bulletstorm on my PS3, Another run through Metro 2033 on Ranger Hardcore because I am fucking insane (on PC), the GW2 Beta Weekends, <REDACTED> Online, Guild Wars (7 years and still going strong), 'Find-a-fucking-job-opoly', and working on my Second Playthrough of Demon's Souls with intent to get all the weapon upgrade trophies.

Aidonsious

I am currently playing Mario Kart on N64 and on the wii. Trying to compare the two and so far...I am liking the original 64 version so much better.

Tumult

I'm bad ass at playing Mario Kart Double Dash on GameCube. Use to do competition during college.  ;D

Dray

Minecraft...I must admit I am becoming addicted and I'm constantly building and expanding.

SeriousMoonlight

Just finished my fifth Dragon Age: Origins run.

I swear, every single time I start up the game, I say to myself, "Okay, I'm going to romance someone else this time. I'm going to romance Zevran or Leliana. Not Alistair again."

And then I see that hunk being all snarky to the mage when you first meet him and my heart melts and I give in. I love that sarcastic little templar. Swoon!
Hello, I'm Moon!
My preferred pronouns are they/them/their/theirs/themself! Thank you!
ONs and OFFs + Request Thread

Bayushi

Quote from: Aidonsious on June 14, 2012, 09:52:27 PMI am currently playing Mario Kart on N64 and on the wii. Trying to compare the two and so far...I am liking the original 64 version so much better.
I much prefer Mario Kart 64 over Mario Kart Wii. Especially with those annoying Wii wheels. >.<

Sabby

Sigh. I would really love to be playing Skyrim right now. I want a high level character or two ready for Dawnguard. But at this rate, I can forget even playing Dawnguard at all. For some reason, Skyrim has just changed on me. I've always been able to run it on high settings, no problems. And a couple of weeks ago, it simply decided it would lag and crash after a few minutes of playing. Even if I had the lowest settings, still I would crash on me, and lag like hell.

It is unplayable. And I don't know why...

Lady Avacyn

I haven't been playing my copy of Skyrim much. Is it insanely dorky to say I've been playing Angry Birds the most?

Sabby

Well, after updating my script extender, script dragon, and the game itself, it runs smoothly again, but it crashes to desktop EVERY TIME. I'm lucky to get 20 minutes in.

Inkidu

I'm scared to boot up Skyrim. I don't really want to do everything in the game. :|
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Welp, I've tried everything. The game is unplayable. All I can try is a complete reinstall, and from what I've read, it doesn't seem to fix it. The Steam forums make it look like the game just ages and dies on some people and will never work again.

Aidonsious

Quote from: Tumult on June 15, 2012, 01:04:21 AM
I'm bad ass at playing Mario Kart Double Dash on GameCube. Use to do competition during college.  ;D

So Awesome!! :D Game Cube was the one console I never owned but played a few games.

Aidonsious

Quote from: Akiko on June 15, 2012, 02:24:43 AM
I much prefer Mario Kart 64 over Mario Kart Wii. Especially with those annoying Wii wheels. >.<

The wheels are good for when I watch my neighbor's kids but the one thing I really do dislike about the Wii in general is unlike the Kinect, you need the controller within
range of the sensor. I got the wireless sensor bar because it was bigger, eats through battery's too quickly for my taste.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on June 15, 2012, 02:51:31 PM
Welp, I've tried everything. The game is unplayable. All I can try is a complete reinstall, and from what I've read, it doesn't seem to fix it. The Steam forums make it look like the game just ages and dies on some people and will never work again.
Well, I've never been able to fully uninstall Oblivion until I went in and actually deleted the root folder (found in Program Files on most computers). Apparently some of the mods I had were holding it up. :\

That maybe?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Brandon

Quote from: Sabby on June 15, 2012, 02:51:31 PM

Sabby if you havnt done it yet, manually go into your folders where you installed Skyrim and delete everything having to do with the game and I mean everything. Once thats done reinstall and run it to see if it works. If it does run then most likely it was a mod or patch conflicting with mods that caused it to crash.

From there you can reinstall mods but do it one at a time to determine which one was likely causing the problem. Once you find it you'll know to avoid it in the future or you can get an updated one (assuming there is one)
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Sabby

Yeah, I know about this... trying every alternative first, and I think I'm finally out of those. So, delete the game, redownload and install 8 gigabytes from Steam, manually test about 40 mods for an hour each... this is really not what I should have to go through to fucking relax -.- if it weren't for Dawnguard, I'd just quit.

Sabby

I did everything, reinstalled clean, and now Mod Manager just doesn't turn on. And, just like Skyrim, the problem is impossible to diagnose, impossible to fix, and everyone has it. Is everything connected to Bethesda just cursed to fail?

I'm done. I'm fucking done.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on June 16, 2012, 10:13:35 AM
I did everything, reinstalled clean, and now Mod Manager just doesn't turn on. And, just like Skyrim, the problem is impossible to diagnose, impossible to fix, and everyone has it. Is everything connected to Bethesda just cursed to fail?

I'm done. I'm fucking done.
For you, perhaps. :\ You're the only person I know who has ever had trouble modding an Elder Scrolls.

Does your mod manager work with your current version? Do you need another update or something? Is their a new mod manager?

Sabby

Everything is current. There is no reason for NMM and Skyrim to be failing in these ways, but they do. And when I go to the forums to ask about it, I see the same story, over and over. "My game/manager won't work, don't know why, can't find out, tried every suggestion, wait for update"

Wolfy

Lollipop Chainsaw.

I have no idea how this was created....but thankfully it was.

Where else am I going to play a Cheerleading Zombie-hunter wielding a chainsaw (Emblazoned with hearts!) fighting Zombie Rock Lords that each represent a theme of rock/metal?

WHERE I ASK YOU!

So far I've taken down Punk Rock and Viking Metal.

Sabby

Typical Suda 51. Functional at best game that gets by on it's presentation. Normally I'd go easier on them, but I've played games that manage to out do them in presentation and still have more then just functional gameplay. Brutal Legend, for instance.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on June 16, 2012, 02:26:30 PM
Typical Suda 51. Functional at best game that gets by on it's presentation. Normally I'd go easier on them, but I've played games that manage to out do them in presentation and still have more then just functional gameplay. Brutal Legend, for instance.

And yet.

Where Sabby?

Where are you going to find a game that hits on sooooooo many buttons at once?

Sabby

That one combination of themes? No where, I'd assume. It's a unique premise. Never disputed that. But I play games, I don't watch them play themselves >.> Suda 51 makes some great and unique visual styles, and the games have a good sense of humor. It's all very 'whacky' and meta, but they're still just sub par games.

And yes, I have played Lolipop Chainsaw.

Trouble

I'm playing Pokemon HeartGold.

FUCK YEAH, POKEMON.

I also recently found a patch that removes gender-consideration in Neverwinter Nights 2. Presumably, it would allow same-sex flirting. I will have to try this out.
Trouble's switches: On/Off
RP Request (MxM) (Current craving for Doctor Who/Torchwood)
Tracking Trouble (A/A's)
I don't always write sex scenes. But when I do, I include bad puns, memes, and quantum physics jokes.

Inkidu

Playing CiV. Hail to President Elizabeth, Commander in Chief of the English Empire. Holder of six glorious cities, masterful manipulator of world policy, destroyer of the Aztec Empire. (He tried fighting three people at once, he was a dumbass.)

I've go the third largest standing army, probably the most powerful navy on the planet, and I pretty much play the world stage using city-states to start wars.