Salem Institute Of Magic (Potterverse! Always Accepting! LGBTQA Friendly!)

Started by Bloodied Porcelain, August 25, 2014, 10:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodied Porcelain

I have a new character Divina Vivas and would love to have someone to play her big brother Raul. The Vivas family are pureblood elitist and Raul has made it his mission to try to break up his sister and her boyfriend, Antioch. There's even a possibility that Raul could team up with Ignotus, Antioch's big brother to try to make things difficult for the young couple.

Please PM me if you're interested!
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Ember Star

Haha. I'd actually consider it if I didn't have so many projects going. Though, I actually play sweet and/or rebellious and flamboyant (not "flamboyant gay" just "flamboyant flashy") males better and more than I do the dark and/or brooding kind.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Bloodied Porcelain

Lady Lunarius has unfortunately decided to withdraw from the game. We wish her the best and she is welcome to return should she wish to. However, this does mean that we are in need of a Divinations Professor. This merits its own announcement because there are plot points in planning where a prof for the seers will be quite necessary. Please let me know if you're interested in creating a character to fill this hole.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Ember Star

*beats my character creation ideas down with a sick*

Bad BP and LL! Don't give Luna any ideas! >_> lol.

*slips into beanbag at corner*
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Ember Star on October 08, 2014, 02:01:54 PM
*beats my character creation ideas down with a sick*

Bad BP and LL! Don't give Luna any ideas! >_> lol.

*slips into beanbag at corner*

*dangles new professor role in front of you*

Ember Star

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on October 08, 2014, 02:04:52 PM
*dangles new professor role in front of you*
This is very tempting for me. I had about a million thoughts swirl around in my head as soon as you said it. But I'm not gonna say "yes" officially yet, because I know as soon as I do I'll become totally distracted by the character.

On the other hand... *goes to check a couple or three things involving swirling ideas of character models*

Bloodied Porcelain

Announcement

I have opened up the Dueling and Latin professor positions. Please see the complete list of available positions here for more information.

Ember Star

While I'm thinking of it and have a connection, I'm gonna go ahead and stake a claim on Native American Studies and Dueling (if it's alright that I combine them, because I have an idea).

I'll get to putting him together this week, after I get my new phone.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Ember Star on October 24, 2014, 10:10:15 PM
While I'm thinking of it and have a connection, I'm gonna go ahead and stake a claim on Native American Studies and Dueling (if it's alright that I combine them, because I have an idea).

I'll get to putting him together this week, after I get my new phone.

Done and done. :)

Josietta

I still need connections for my teacher Isabella and my 5th year Andover guy Chase. Both are on the train and have been posted for interactions.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Bloodied Porcelain

Announcement

I have updated the open professor positions. Unfortunately, SugarandSpice has had to drop her Muggle studies professor due to a lack of time to be able to post for her, so the Muggle Studies position is now open if anyone would like to take it.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on November 12, 2014, 10:47:48 AM
Announcement

My apologies for the delay... last week was harder on my muse than I anticipated it would be. That said, the time push event post is up. :)

Cerevan

Looking For

Player Name: Cerevan

Character Name: Kachina Durante - Currently in-development character. Aged 27, Professor of Divinations and Spanish, and this is her second year teaching at Salem. Key personality traits are listed as dynamic, brilliant, unstable, empathetic, responsible (when it comes to her work, if nothing else), and irreverent. Old classmates know her as 'Hellion' if that says anything. She's quite short (5'1") but nonetheless comes off as a force of nature due to sheer personality.

Character Type Needed: Looking for a male character of roughly the same age (25 - 35 would be optimal) who works at Salem in some capacity--Professor, Groundskeeper, Quidditch Coach, What Have You--though that capacity is entirely up to the player. Ideally they would already know one another from schooldays, where they were friends (and sometimes maybe friends with benefits? up for discussion). He's always provided some anchoring and safety against the increasing demands that prophecy takes on her, so she's of course quite madly in love with him. Preferred character type would be dominant ("alpha") but all other traits, history, etc. is up to players interpretation. While hardly necessary, I would be Forever Gleeful if the playby used is Stephen Amell circa Arrow because goddamn. However, I'm quite open to other suggestions.

Contact Via: PM would be preferred, but on this thread works as well.

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Bloodied Porcelain

Announcement

We are looking for a new Care of Magical Creatures Professor, as Greytrail has unfortunately decided to step down due to muse issues.

Josietta

Do you have a template you want followed for Teachers Syllabus'?

I'd be willing to take up Muggle Studies or CoMC if you need me.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Cerevan

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Josietta on November 15, 2014, 04:11:46 PM
Do you have a template you want followed for Teachers Syllabus'?

I'd be willing to take up Muggle Studies or CoMC if you need me.

the Syllabi that are done can be found here. :) Just use that template.

Josietta

Quote from: Cerevan on November 15, 2014, 04:33:17 PM
I have not, alas. Interested? >:)

Sure!  I'll work up a Professor.. just need to decide on Muggle Studies or Care of Magical Creatures. Then I'll PM you FOR the details for their background. :)

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on November 15, 2014, 04:38:29 PM
the Syllabi that are done can be found here. :) Just use that template.

Huzzah! Thankies doll! *hugs and toddles off to look at the others syllabi*

EDIT: *Can type I promise!*

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Cerevan

Quote from: Josietta on November 15, 2014, 04:46:08 PM
Sure!  I'll work up a Professor.. just need to decide on Muggle Studies or Care of Magical Creatures. Then I'll PM you FOR the details for their background. :)

Hip hip huzzah! :-) Looking forward to it.

Google

Honestly I have been craving Potter for a while and was considering starting up my own group game or perhaps trying to revive one that I had already started but joining one that is already going does seem to be the much easier trick...
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

Google

Ok, at just a glance, I am seriously considering making a student, 7th year, a member of Alpha Phi Epsilon
Though I have some ideas and before I start to put any ink to page in creating this character I would like to run them past one of GMs... I promise that it isn't anything game breaking or monstrous but I wonder if it might be a little unexpected so I would like to just get input on it first.
So if a GM would be kind enough to message me, whichever is first available, then I can run this idea past them and whether or not the idea gets a go I can start creating a character
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

Josietta

Bloodied Porcelain is the GM for the game. You might be better off just PM her yourself with your ideas already written out for her to look over. Then she can get back to you and discuss what she's read about it.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Google

Ok, duh, should have thought of that, would have thought of that if I wasn't going on hour twenty awake
I will get to that after I have gotten some sleep and can be sure that I am able to coherently express myself.

Ember Star

Yes indeed. Us others that are around are merely her little helpers. Also, pleasant to see you again.

Also... hi all. I.think I'll be around again and able to continue with my thread watching. My life chaos seems quiet once more