Some code commands aren't working

Started by SithMistress, October 18, 2023, 01:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPhoenix

They do. The float codes have changed but the clears are still the same and should all be working in old posts now too.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Al Terego

Padding seems to be wonky

[img padding=20]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/e/e2/Bewitched.jpg[/img]
If I click "preview", the "padding" part is removed.

Amaris

Does it show the padding though, I wonder?

Amaris

It shows it when you post it. If you preview, it shows the padding, but it takes away the code in the text box and you have to add it back in before posting.

Al Terego

[img padding=20]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/e/e2/Bewitched.jpg[/img] Does it show the padding though, I wonder?
Quoting shows it

Al Terego

Quote from: Amaris on October 21, 2023, 10:38:20 PMIt shows it when you post it. If you preview, it shows the padding, but it takes away the code in the text box and you have to add it back in before posting.

Zigackly!

Geeklet

If you take it out of WYSIWYG mode (aka, What You See Is What You Get mode), it won't do that. You can change a setting to never be in that mode for replies, or you can manually do it per post by clicking on the icon at the far right to toggle Source View. In Source View, it won't show the image in the reply box, just the code itself.

Amaris

We're talking about when you hit preview. I definitely turned off WYSIWYG mode asap. Even without it on though, when you type out the actual code, you can post it and it will have the padding But if you preview it first, it takes out the padding from the code and you have to enter it in again before posting.

Geeklet

But I just copied the exact same code y'all used, and it stayed after previewing? It only disappeared for me in WYSIWYG

Al Terego

Quote from: Amaris on October 21, 2023, 11:03:56 PMWe're talking about when you hit preview. I definitely turned off WYSIWYG mode asap. Even without it on though, when you type out the actual code, you can post it and it will have the padding But if you preview it first, it takes out the padding from the code and you have to enter it in again before posting.

Which is a pain if you have several images with carefully chosen paddings, and want to preview to verify they all align properly

RedEve

Apologies if this has already been covered but how do you bookmark a topic in the new environment?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Geeklet

Quote from: Geeklet on October 21, 2023, 11:09:50 PMBut I just copied the exact same code y'all used, and it stayed after previewing? It only disappeared for me in WYSIWYG

For anyone wondering, Ama and I figured out why it was fine for me but not for y'all. Apparently, it disappears when previewing from the Quick Reply at the bottom of the thread, but when you click reply and do it from there, it stays.

Chasing Dreams

Quote from: RedEve on October 22, 2023, 07:22:11 AMApologies if this has already been covered but how do you bookmark a topic in the new environment?

There isn't a way to bookmark any topics yet. Vekseid posted about it here.
Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

RedEve

Quote from: Chasing Dreams on October 22, 2023, 09:17:14 AMThere isn't a way to bookmark any topics yet. Vekseid posted about it here.
Thanks!
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Geraint

Quote from: Geeklet on October 21, 2023, 11:09:50 PMBut I just copied the exact same code y'all used, and it stayed after previewing? It only disappeared for me in WYSIWYG

It's not you.  The WYSIWYG editor has has been doing that same thing for the 12 years I've been here.  The only difference is that our makeover somehow made it the default editor again  (after Veks knocked it out a few years back).  Maybe we have a new one now, but it apparently does the same thing as the old one.

Edit: apparently it's already turned off again as default  .

Dale

I just want to say thanks for giving us E!

Al Terego

Quote from: Geeklet on October 22, 2023, 09:02:42 AMFor anyone wondering, Ama and I figured out why it was fine for me but not for y'all. Apparently, it disappears when previewing from the Quick Reply at the bottom of the thread, but when you click reply and do it from there, it stays.

It also happens with PMs, where there is no alternative option.

Fantasy Red

This has probably been mentioned a bunch, but the spoilers don't work and putting links in is a bit weird.
I keep a copy of the text and code for my OnOs and request thread so I can modify it off site and I paste it in and things look weird now.

Anyway, still loving everything else that's changed.

Vekseid

@Fantasy Red what isn't working?

Links and explanations please. : )

Fantasy Red

Quote from: Vekseid on October 23, 2023, 01:38:42 PM@Fantasy Red what isn't working?

Links and explanations please. : )
If I paste in the code for links and spoilers into the coding bit, then switch to the other view, it goes all screwy.

Like this

Tho the links seem to be working there. Before they were showing the code and the whole url.

Fantasy Red

Quote from: Fantasy Red on October 23, 2023, 01:43:29 PMIf I paste in the code for links and spoilers into the coding bit, then switch to the other view, it goes all screwy.

Like this

Tho the links seem to be working there. Before they were showing the code and the whole url.

Quote from: Fantasy Red on October 23, 2023, 01:43:29 PMIf I paste in the code for links and spoilers into the coding bit, then switch to the other view, it goes all screwy.

Like this

Ahh. They don't show on the input box but they come out alright when you post!

Maybe this is a me thing.

Thanks!