RWBY Hunters and Villains interest check

Started by SweetRevenge, August 31, 2014, 03:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetRevenge

Much better! =3 I like. I know some bios can take a while (I know I tend to type rapidly, especially when inspired), so I'm okay if you take a few days to write it up =J

AngelicBlade

Name: AngelicBlade

Character Name: Tarivous Loche

Sex And Specie: Male, Human
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Orientation: Heterosexual

Alliance: Hunter

Aura/Semblance: Tarivous has a moderately strong aura that slightly reflects Tarivous's Semblance and surrounds Tarivous in a white slightly burning aura. Tarivous's aura is mainly used to enhance regeneration healing wounds quicker but has no real offensive capabilities and it can block lower powered blows. Tarivous's Semblance is the ability to conjure White Flames and he can use his semblance for a wide attack that has lower heat then if he used it to send out superheated fireballs or beams of sorts. Tarivous's Semblance has to charge before he can use it's full power. As his Semblance charges Tarivous's hair will turn more and more white. The white will start in the center of his hair and spread out to the tips of his hair. Once fully charged Tarivous is able to create a pillar of flames that erupts from the ground where one of his flame blasts hit.

Weapon(s)/fighting style: A broadsword named White Dragon. The weapon is capable of channeling dust through it as well as being able to fire dust bullets out of the tip of the blade. When White Dragon is in sword form it acts as a catalyst for the Tarivous's semblance and he used it to create arcs of the white flames. When in Rifle form Tarivous can fire all kinds of dust ammunition out of it from medium range. He uses ranged attacks to weaken his opponents before closing in on them and attacking them with melee attacks.  White Dragon generally has Yellow and Red Dust inside of it to give Tarivous more agility and the Red dust is used for boosting the speed of Tarivous's Semblance.

When in melee range Tarivous uses a sword technique he created called the Dragon's Dance. Tarivous's sword strokes look like it could be dance moves and he combines the style with his semblance to superheat his blade and surround it in white flames. The flames on his blade help in distracting his foes with the bright light.

Personality/Behavior: Tarivous is a rather outgoing person, though it's not really a good thing. He can't stand by when he sees any evil being done and must act. He's also very kind to people trying to help out anyway he can. Tarivous is also very disciplined and works hard to do almost anything. Tarivous enjoys travelling around the lands. Though he's also comfortable with staying in the same location for long periods of time. He's a rather studious person always training or reading trying to find ways to better himself to protect other people.

Character Flaws: Tarivous is an honorable person meaning he will not attack someone with their back turned and he'll never fight dirty, this leaves him susceptible to dirty fighting and he's also gotten himself into ambushes because of his honorable ways. He's also just and has a hard time sitting by while evil happens often blowing his cover when it comes to recon missions to gather intel.

Tarivous's Semblance takes a minute to charge and it's easy to tell when it is charging since his hair changes colors. His flame blasts also aren't very fast thus the reason he speed them up with the force of the Red Dust. Tarivous isn't really fast and will have problems dodging attacks that are fast but he makes up for it with his strength and will. His aura doesn't help Tarivous much when it comes to blocking powerful blows.

Background: Tarivous was the second son of two famous hunters. His Father was known as the White Wall, and used a huge hammer with really thick armor and aura. His Mother was known as the Dust Dragon, she was a really talented user of dust and had a Semblance that increased her proficiency with dust. Tarivous grew up with only his brother in life as his parents were generally busy out doing missions. When they were around they trained the boys in combat and the use of Dust and aura.

Around the age of twelve Tarvious was almost done with battle school. At age thirteen he graduated battle school and was sent to an Academy like Beacon.  The White Wall and Dust Dragon were slain while on a mission. After the death of their parents Tarivous's brother went on a downward spiral of crime. He was eventually caught by a hunter and killed.

Left on his own, Tarivous finished becoming a hunter at the age of nineteen. Tarivous started to make a name for himself as he burned criminals and monsters with his searing hot white flames. Because of his signature white flame Semblance and because of his use of Dust like his mother people started calling him the White Dragon. So he took the name and gave it to his Gunblade. After making a bit of a name for himself Tarivous started working with other Hunters for a while before starting to wander around getting missions every now and again and helping people where ever he goes.

Well this is the final product I suppose, for some reason I had some difficulties coming up with a background for him. I think I need to learn more about the world of Remnant...

SweetRevenge

I'll consider it good enough =P Though, if you want I can help you out a little. I know that the information about the world of Remnant is often either right i your face or very subtle. Is there any particular subjects you aren't very clear with? Since we'll be working together, I don't see why I could fill in some of the gaps in term of information. The more we know, the better, right? =J

With that in mind, I believe that, even though I'm not quite done with the full creation of the villain (RL has been a little more busy), we have enough to starting kicking something off upright. Now, do any of you wish to hash out any prior connections? Start together? Start apart, each on their own leads and randomly meet everyone/someone at point A(B,C,D,etc)? You get my point =P

AngelicBlade

Well, do you know the other nations and what they're like I feel like they mentioned it in the episodes but didn't go over it much.

SweetRevenge

I do; the main story of the show happens in the city of Vale, in the country of Vale, so I don't feel as I need to explain this one so much. The 3 other countries are named Mistral, Vacuo and Atlas. Mistral is said to have greco-roman backgrounds, as both Pyrra and Neptune originate from there. The deduction of the greco-roman is linked to Pyrra's get-up, fighting style and also Neptune's name. Expect lush forests and jungles, ruins and history to be present in the areas of Mistral. Atlas is the military country, where Weiss is from. It's where the headquarters of the Shnee Dust Company resides as well. Atlas is greatly know for it's huge technological advancements, where most of it's infantry are androids instead of humans. The generals thought of reducing the number of human casualties by doing so, and thus most of the military is automized, even if they haven't sacrificed the human aspect of war. People still go in combat, but less to fight, more to control what's going on and not to have the mechanical mistakes robots could make. Vacuo is the isolated country, where poverty and hard life reign and where Sun originated from. A land that consists mostly of arid wastelands and deserts, Vacuo is the least well-off kingdom between all 4.

EDIT:
A map to put everything in perspective! With the recent video giving more information about the kingdoms, I got the map a little wrong XP Here's their proper positions;

Vale is at near the center, Atlas is up north, Mistral is east by a large lake and Vacuo is the one way west. =J

MelisaArtemis

Well, my archer would be Mistral-origin then. Considering her background :P

pendarious

as for connections to other characters both of my characters are open though I've no idea at the moment who I'd say would connect with them.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Jmorty33

Ok, so I finally got around to cranking out the majority of my character. Still working out the finer points of the background, but I hope to have that finalized soon.:

Name: Jmorty33

Character Name: Vergil Reis

Sex And Specie: Human male

Orientation: Straight

Alliance: Hunters of Vale

Aura/Semblance: Vergil uses his aura in a purely defensive way, emitting a deep, dark, blue when in use. Rather than an all-encompassing shield, he concentrates it around three areas: shoulders, knees, and the center mass of his chest. If any of those areas have anything torn or compromised then he can't raise his shield properly, or possibly not even be able to grip his sword, let alone stand. His semblance is the ability to control the wind. He utilizes it in combat to create slipstreams for his shield bits and to dash around the battlefield. The only downside is that it splits his concentration, trying to do two things at once.
Weapon(s)/fighting style: He uses a new take on the sword and shield combo, Ancile. Ancile is a long shield that has a number of bladed bits on the shield. The longer ones that tip the end can be used offensively. His sword Viridis Mors (top is the sword form, middle is the shield bits combined to make a buster sword, bottom is the rifle mode), and the bladed shield bits that he can fire at a distance using his semblance, but they can also be combined together to create short single edged swords that he can use in a pinch. He uses standard ammunition and Dust shells of varying elements to create a number of effects, mainly crowd control ones.

Personality/Behavior: Earlier in life, Vergil was incredibly flippant, casually mouthing off to even those older than him and generally rubbing people the wrong way, thinking himself to be an invincible tank. Though an event does mature him, shocking him to realizing that he was not invincible. He now knows when being light and jovial is appropriate and when to remain serious and calm. Still, the fire of the fight is burning brightly within him. Taking on missions and challenging a number of opponents to duel. Vergil is seemingly unflappable, not showing fear whether he's being attacked by the several Ursa in the forest or being confronted by a Deathstalker. Though it’s merely on the surface. A calm face will always allow others around him to relax and do well, if he showed his panic then everything will topple. Vergil can seem at times to be uncaring or even callous (especially in a fight), but actually has a very strong sense of justice and prefers to fight fairly. He can be counted on to do the right thing. Vergil values family and friends very highly.
Character Flaws: Vergil once was a jovial and energetic, not caring what may come, wanting to take things head on. He never really worried about the consequences and just did what it took to get the job done. However, that kind of attitude led to the event. After, it forced him to sober up to reality and express more caution and calm down. He now takes care, wanting to plan things out and know what he’s getting into before leaping. Vergil does this exercise control, not allowing his old ways to flare up again. Though it is a struggle to maintain it since, as the saying goes, “old habits die hard”.  He also struggles with survivor’s guilt, holding on to the memory of his fallen comrades with small trinkets that they had on them when their bodies were returned. The memory of them holds him back many times and has him throwing unnecessary caution when a bit brashness could favor the outcome.

Background:
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

SweetRevenge

Quote from: pendarious on September 22, 2014, 04:03:25 PM
as for connections to other characters both of my characters are open though I've no idea at the moment who I'd say would connect with them.
Have you been working on your profiles to flesh them out? Just checking up on you, since they were missing some development. If your character can't remember much, why can't they? Was there a trauma in their past that they shut out? Brainwashed? Amnesia induced by combat? I'd hate to repeat myself, but I aim to have characters that have some core to them. Whatever you think may be required to know about your character, whether it be a question asked to them or files on them, it's gotta show up on the character profile. That goes for everybody, myself included.

pendarious

i've had a bad case of writers block recently but i am still developing my characters. I admit I'm not entirely satisfied with how incomplete they feel at the moment
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

MelisaArtemis

made a little more change to my character profile :)

SweetRevenge

There's a part that bugs me a little about her bio, though a tiny detail. You mention "White Night". Did you mean the White Fang, or was that intentional?

MelisaArtemis

pendarious

ok I've expanded on Louise Carroll's past and I'm still working on Frederick Nemo.

1SAZ

Still accepting? If so, I'm working on a character and will try to post him up tonight. Thank you binge watching RWBY.

1SAZ

Name: 1SAZ

Character Name:  Allen Corvus

Sex And Specie: Male Faunus

Orientation: Heterosexual

Alliance: Huntsman

Aura/Semblance: Flight: At will, Allen can manifest two pitch black wings of aura that grant him limited flight, something he uses to great effect when hunting creatures of Grimm that can take to the skies. He prefers not to use this ability however while at Beacon due to the tendency for people to show "discomfort" with his race. His power is also tied to his emotions, where the stronger his will to fight or protect is, the greater his ability to fly (though he can usually only manage a gliding effect at best and a slow fall more often than not).

Weapon(s)/fighting style: Nevermore: Classified as a Revolving Magnum Burst Edge, Nevermore takes the form of a highly ornate revolver with a hexagonal cylinder that feeds from the lowest chamber, a blade running the length of the barrel to the trigger guard. The guard itself is more akin to that of a lever action rifle than a hand cannon. The base of the grip is rounded in a arch of steel with a round gem placed just above and the rest of the wooden grip wrapped in black cloth. In it's initial form, it is a short range power house, delivering high powered shots while allowing the user to get in close to make use of it's blade. However, the true use of Nevermore is in it's activated states, the first of which is a lever action carbine, elongating the barrel of the revolver while also tilting the grip back slightly for a more comfortable grip while taking aim at range. While in this form, Nevermore is well suited for medium range combat, though due to the lack of stock and shorter barrel length than most rifles, it hardly contends at long range. The last form Nevermore takes is that of a double-edged long sword, the grip extending and folding to run in line with the blade as the blade unfolds into a long sword and covers the barrel of the gun, leaving the cylinder uncovered for reloads while in melee combat. When the weapon is fired in this form, it increases the velocity of a strike.

In combat, Allen uses the dominating close combat abilities of the revolver form as his primary combat method, though when forced into a melee, he will utilize the sword form instead to give him greater striking ability. He tends to use swinging motions in all of his techniques, whether when using Nevermore as a firearm or a blade. It gives his combat an elegance that can be compared to that of a dance, or as he calls it, the poetry of death. He also tends to go air born during his strikes, leaving the ground with spinning kicks and slashes, flipping through the air as if it were as natural to him as walking or swimming.

Personality/Behavior: A quiet and reserved individual, Allen seems like an exemplary gentleman until you get him talking, at which point he never stops. He most often talks in cryptic quips rather than straightforward responses, much to the ire of his team more often than not. That said, you will never meet a more loyal individual. He will fight to the bitter end for his friends, even at the expense of his own safety. When not found tinkering with his weapon, Allen can be found reading in trees and other high up points, and has actually turned the sheets of his bed into a hammock attached to the roof of his dorm.

Character Flaws: Allen is painfully shy, known to dart away when confronted with a beautiful woman, or at least blushing furiously. He has been goaded into "attempting" to flirt in the past, usually to comically abysmal results. Combat wise, Allen is a highly aggressive fighter with the tendency to put offense ahead of defense. When his friends are in peril, the shy young man has a tendency to come to their aid in a clash of blades or wit. He also prefers to peck at his food rather than eat like most, which can be quite annoying when someone makes him a meal.

Background: Born outside of the kingdom of Mistral, the Raven Faunus that became Allen was initially taught that the key to survival was putting yourself ahead of all others. Unlike many of the murder that he grew up in, Allen acceded expectations early in life in the dance of death, pitting his "talons" against any creature of Grimm that dare to face him. It wasn't until he finally saw the blood of someone he cared about that he lost the taste for combat, leaving his murder for a life in the cities. Studying literature and technology, the young boy grew into an exceptional scholar. However, a raven can never leave a murder without bloodshed, and not enough was shed for Allen's betrayal it seemed.

After a year of hiding away, spending his days reading in libraries across the kingdom, the murder caught up with the young raven, and the streets ran red that night. While killing Allen would have more than made up for his running from the murder, it seemed that was not enough for the boy's "father", and instead the man attacked those around him. Allen was forced to watch as the friends he had gained over the year were slaughtered before his eyes, their blood coating his face as he was held to the ground in their pools. If it weren't for that moment however, the faunus would have never discovered his own strength, the strength to protect.

In a burst of aura that shook the core of those around him, Allen rose from the bloodied floor with a scream of vengeance, his eyes the color of crimson. Spectral wings swung out from either shoulder as he rose from the floor, black feathers falling all around as the boy continued to scream for the fallen. Their deaths awoke his power, and with his strength, he ended the massacre with a single blow, not fatal, but enough to put his "father" down.

Hours later, Allen awoke with no memory of his power or the vengeance that he wrought upon the murder, sitting in a room with the pictures of his friends laid out upon the table. It was then that a man with white hair and a cane stepped in, only asking one question to the young man: "Do you wish to prevent these tragedies in the future?" Allen's only answer was that of what would become his weapon, "Nevermore..."

MelisaArtemis

Aww~ I like Allen... kinda :P I think he'd get along well with Mizuki. Wanna team up? Speaking of which... we're in dire need of female characters. So far, the only female character is... well... mine and Pend who is also playing a male character as well... its like... what? 8:2 m:f ratio? =w=;

1SAZ

The kinda part disturbs me slightly, but hey, that's what character development is for! I am for teaming up for sure though. After all, what close range fighter doesn't need a bit of long range support?

MelisaArtemis

I said "kinda" coz he sound like someone that Mizuki would get along with... just not as love interest :P

1SAZ

Why do I get the feeling that if I do get accepted, I'm going to be the Jaune of this game?

Sessha

Nah you'd totally be the Sun and Neptune at the noodle stand kind of person.  ;D ;D ;D
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Sessha

Here is two of my three characters I've come up with so far. Both of them are works in progress so bare with me ok.

Name: Sessha

Character Name: Artina King

Sex And Specie: Female Human

Orientation: Bisexual

Alliance: Hunters of Vale

Aura/Semblance: She has a strong defensive and manipulation based aura to make up for her lack of defensive abilities./ Her Semblance is called Enchanting. She can infuse her aura into her weapon making it have greater cutting edge or used to fire off blasts of energy from a weapon

Weapon(s)/fighting style: Bastard sword named Excelia Calabrande/ Fighting style is one handed or two handed.

Personality/Behavior: Artina like to style herself after legends of the world past. She holds herself as noble and chivalrous but yet when something comes up that can benefit her personally she is willing to break her own word. 

Character Flaws: Artina always keeps her word, except when it involves for her own personal gain, then she will break it.

Background:

Name: Sessha

Character Name: Julia Caesar

Sex And Specie: Female Human.

Orientation: Bisexual

Alliance: Hunters of Mistral

Aura/Semblance: A potent and powerful offensive based aura. Her Semblance is called Veni, vidi, vici. When Julia activates her semblance it greatly increases her combat prowess by factor of ten. The increase is so much that it can only be used for a short time due to the incredible strain it puts on her body. Thus she only uses it as either a last resort or to end fights quickly.

Weapon(s)/fighting style: Imperia Praetor. Julia's style of combat relies on the use of close range weapons. She mainly uses a Gladius style sword that converts to a sawed off shotgun for close-range fire and then into a javelin for throwing distances and rifle for further range.

Personality/Behavior: Julia is generally an approachable person, though she does on occasion have a flair for the dramatic such as during her sweet sixteen party she had a couple of her friends bring her in wrapped in a red carpet and as they unfurled it she sprung to her feet presenting herself to the guests of the party.

Character Flaws: Julia is both ambitious and yet fair. She'll disobey orders if she thinks she can and do something that needs to be done.

Background:
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Wolfie

If you are still accepting I will try to get a character made at some point in the week. Gotta love RWBY.

Also, it has been a very long time Pendarious and 1SAZ. Good to see old faces, so to speak.

SweetRevenge

Yes, we are still accepting. Stuff are still being worked a little by nearly everyone, so it's a rather slow movement speed at the moment. I'm still working on the villain myself, he's taking shape =J I might have a result by the end of the week.

Wolfie

I see. Does anyone know the hunter/villain ratio? I will more than likely choose to make the least used.