What Things need a sequel?

Started by Phaia, August 21, 2010, 08:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phaia

I was reading the thread here about things that didn't need a sequel and it got me thinking about books or movies that I thought needed or I would love to see a sequel of.

So to start off with a couple.
My first choice would be one for 'Replacement Killers' staring Chow Yun-fat and Mira Sorvino. Though it was never well received it is one of those movies I don't skip scenes in just to get to the good parts when i re watch it.

I would love really love seeing a "Dark Angel" sequel/movie preferably with Jessica Alba reprising her role as Max.

And of course another of the new Star Trek movies the last was super and reset the entire story.

Phaia

Mudaline

Devil May Cry

Because Capcom really needs to do something with that goddamn cliffhanger already!    >:(

"Changes"

Because I want moar Dresden!   D:

Legend of Legaia

A REAL one!  Not the crappy second game they gave us that didn't even meld plots with the first!   >:(

Elfen Lied

Moar Lucy killin' stuff.  'nuff said.  >:)

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Mudaline on August 21, 2010, 08:22:16 PM
"Changes"

Because I want moar Dresden!   D:

I read somewhere that this is about halfway through what Jim Butcher wants to write for Harry. Hopefully we have another dozen books to look forwards to.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Mudaline

........ :o

I love you, man.    Please marry me and bear my children.   :D

*Has never met anyone else who reads Butcher's books, aside from the Codex*

Oniya

I'm pretty sure that there are several readers of The Dresden Files around here.

Even though the latest one has just recently hit hard-back, Mr. Oniya is eagerly awaiting the continuation of Naomi Novik's Temeraire series.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Scribbles

Invader Zim... *sniffs*

I'm going to sing the Doom song now!

Gir - The Doom Song
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Ridcully

Serenity/Firefly.

There's so much more to tell about Malcolm Reynolds, River, Simon, Kaylee, Janye, Inara, Zoe. I want to see Inara and Mal finally get together. These characters were among the best ever created.

Tachi

It could go either way, but another Avatar might be nice. As long as it doesn't turn into a trashy romance like everything else.

I want to see a movie with NO romance! I don't think they can do it.

Hemingway

Where even to begin ... Well, let's start with what I have right in front of me.

Warcraft. Warcraft as in the strategy game. World of Warcraft butchered the whole story, and killed off every villain there is, and basically changed the whole tone of the game. But if they really try, I'm sure they can make a new strategy game. It might have to be set some centuries in the future, though. Or, hell, a prequel?

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. I don't understand why this game got so mixed scores. It's just amazing to me, one of my favorite games ever, and probably the most underrated one I know of. With just about the best combat system I've ever seen, and a story that's both a bit more original than most ( at least in the ways that matter ), it's one game I'd like to see a sequel to. Just as long as it keeps the good stuff, and fixes some of the bad. Because there was that, too.

Dragon Age. It needs a proper sequel - not some degenerate action RPG.

... and before I go completely mad, give me a new Elder Scrolls game. I deserve it. I've been good.

Also, George R. R. Martin needs to hurry up and finish A Dance With Dragons. That is all.