To the stars, the slow way. (Could use some more ladies?)

Started by Chrystal, May 21, 2011, 04:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Character is approved, Ku-ko, dear.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

MarilynCarry

================================
Back after a long absence. I'm so sorry.  However I hope to make things right now and have some lovely romance rps. 

Are you interested in lesbian rps based on anime or historical periods? Please contact me.

My Wants and Don't Wants           Cute Lady Looking for Other Cute Ladies Thread

RedEve

Hello.

This seems very interesting. I'm a big fan of sci-fi in general and Firefly in particular so this is right up my alley.

I see no one has claimed the pilot slot, I would like to call dibs on it. I will submit a character sheet as soon as I finish it.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

RedEve

Player Name: RedEve
Character Name: Missy Molineux
Age (Actual): 53
Age (Subjective): 25
Position wanted: Pilot
Personality: Quirky, territorial about her cockpit, sarcastic sense of humor, wears her heart on her sleeve
History: Missy has a long history of serving on cargo ships. Most of her career was spent on the USG Tsukahara, one of the largest freight haulers in the Nipsun fleet. She ended up quitting her job there because the challenge had gone missing. She purposefully looked for a job on a brand-new ship. The obstacles she and the newly assembled crew would no doubt face would give her the excitement her previous place of employment had left her craving.
Appearance:

Chrystal

Ahhh..... Someone already PMed me asking for the First Pilot.

I'm really sorry.

I can let you have Second Pilot. However....

I'm not sure about the "most shoddy looking ship" bit, as the ship is brand new! Nor too happy with the variety of insults to your crew-mates... Talk about how to win friends and influence people...!

I'm willing to approve the character as she stands on two conditions: 1) You take the 2nd pilot slot, and 2) t6he reason for this is your character's attitude, which did not impress the captain one little bit, but good pilots are hard to come by.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

RedEve

Well I can amend the profile to fit in with the brand new ship part.  :P

I missed the fact that someone else had requested to be the first pilot. Not sure if I want to be the second pilot, will there be much if anything to do for her in that role?

Question Mark

Quote from: RedEve on June 03, 2011, 12:46:10 PMI missed the fact that someone else had requested to be the first pilot. Not sure if I want to be the second pilot, will there be much if anything to do for her in that role?

Sit around enjoying the Flight until the First Pilot keels over from one too many space cheeseburgers, then take over his duties!  Otherwise, it'd be a lot of "Hey, Pilota Segunda, go push that button over there for Ol' Cappy."

+10 points for obscure reference get

RedEve

Quote from: Question Mark on June 03, 2011, 12:53:36 PM
Sit around enjoying the Flight until the First Pilot keels over from one too many space cheeseburgers, then take over his duties!  Otherwise, it'd be a lot of "Hey, Pilota Segunda, go push that button over there for Ol' Cappy."

+10 points for obscure reference get

Just my luck then...

Chrystal

*chuckles*

Probably not much other than sitting watch on the bridge... But then hopefully the Chief Medic isn't going to have a lot to do, either. As for the cargo officer, his job is totally superfluous while in flight. He gets to do his thing at either end, with the loading and unloading. Security officer is probably not going to have very much to do, for that matter.

And once the ship is heading out of the solar system, nor is 1st Pilot.

2nd Pilot sits in the right hand seat, next to the pilot, mirrors her moves on the controls, and takes over when she goes off duty.

However, the general appeal of this RP isn't in the technical aspects of flying a space ship - it's actually more than capable of flying itself! The appeal should be in the relationships between the characters... A couple of dozen people (including NPCs) crammed into a tin can that is hurtling through space at an idiotic velocity with absolutely no guarantee of reaching the other end in one piece... 

Sorry, but unless anyone doesn't show, all the good roles get grabbed early.

Oh and congrats on your reverification, QM!

Chrystal

Okay, RedEve, Napanee has agreed to swap roles with you if you want, however he suggested it would make for some entertaining RP scenes if your character thought she ought to have got the 1st chair and was determined to get it by whatever means...

What do you think?

RedEve

Quote from: Chrystal on June 03, 2011, 01:12:03 PM
Okay, RedEve, Napanee has agreed to swap roles with you if you want, however he suggested it would make for some entertaining RP scenes if your character thought she ought to have got the 1st chair and was determined to get it by whatever means...

What do you think?

That could make for some fun drama.

Sign me up as the 2nd pilot then!

Napanee

RedEve

So has the character sheet for the 1st pilot been posted? If it has, I must have missed it...

Chrystal

It has been posted, I just haven't gotten around to updating the links yet.

Your Character is approved, Eve.

We are at T-minus 24 and counting. Cargo is being loaded. Early warning for crew not on cargo handling duty to report aboard within the next 16 hours.

WOULD ANY PLAYERS WHO HAVE NOT DONE SO, PLEASE POST IN THE OOC THREAD TO STATE YOUR CONTINUED INTEREST.

Any players who have expressed an interest, are still interested, but have not sent me a character profile, please do so immediately.

Ship departure is scheduled for 20:00hrs Zulu, 2211/06/04, bound for Epsilon Eridani.

Prakkie

*shyly puts up hand*

So uhmm... I've been following this thread for a bit. Definitely interested but having a busy week so haven't had time to compose a char sheet. Would monday be too late to send one in?

Chrystal

Monday would be fine, as long as you don't want to be bridge crew, but the bridge crew slots are now all taken anyway.

If you want to be in engineering, you might need to get involved a little sooner...

However, passengers and all other crew posts would be restricted to their cabins until the ship gets under way, and passengers would be advised to strap themselves to their bunks and take the motion-sickness medicine provided...

Prakkie

Oh no... All the technology/science scares the crap out of me! I'll have my char be either service staff (purser and steward are still free right?) or some kind of passenger I think.

grovercjuk

There might be some stuff for the Cargo Officer to do, presumably the ship transports frozen/Stasis items etc?

Chrystal

*giggles* Grover, look at it this way. Your card key is one of only three that will open the cargo holds... Mine and Amazon's being the other two. So you can happily lock yourself in there with as many of the ladies as you can persuade...!

The ship transports whatever is required. Deep frozen cargo would be transported in the coldest deep freeze available. No air=no heat!

I already mentioned that livestock might be among the cargo, and that they would be in stasis. Of course it's far more likely that frozen embryos or DNA would be transported than live animals, as they take up far less room.

During manoeuvres, the cargo officer is responsible for seeing that the cargo remains stable.

Chrystal

Quote from: Prakkie on June 03, 2011, 03:21:18 PM
Oh no... All the technology/science scares the crap out of me! I'll have my char be either service staff (purser and steward are still free right?) or some kind of passenger I think.

Yep, both those are still up for grabs

RedEve

Chrystal

Not yet. There is an OOC thread open, and I'd appreciate a post from everyone who's playing, to confirm that you are.

Basically my first post in that thread is a summary of all technical posts I've made so far in this one.

All future technical posts will go in the OOC thread.

The second post in there is the list of threads, most of which are not open yet.

And my latest post there includes some important rules regarding how I GM. None of them are onerous or draconian, I hope, but if anyone has a problem with any of them, I am willing to discuss it!

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!