YUGIOH!: Duels 2 (The most popular yugioh game on Elliquiy just got better!)

Started by Patriarch, January 15, 2011, 02:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriarch

You don't have to have your spirit present all the time, and you can change people later if you like - or RP them yourself at times, or all the time. It's entirely up to you. For this part though, you will have to have someone NPC them, as they're the other party in this part of the story. More exciting if someone else NPCs them for the meeting, at the very least.

Thorn14

True.

Meeting your own spirit and talking about the story with an NPC seems awfully masturbatory.

If you pardon the pun.

Patriarch

Flash Gorden

The whole vanguard idea sounds very, very interesting. I'm totally going to have to think hard on that.

But, as of right now, I don't really know anyone in this topic. Anyone care to help out a poor new-person?

Bloody Rose

Laughing Hyena

Well I am called Hyena or "Pain in the Ass" as Stairc might dub me. In either case I'm more of the type to try out new strageties with a deck and I kind of know a lot about the card game itself as far as the numbers of cards in my head. Not always the best when it comes to tactics and overall planning of a deck but I do my best.

I also am a fan of the animated series (subbed version) particularly the Dark Signer series of 5ds. It's a lot more darker then the typical fair and I care a lot more about the characters as well, despite how horribly impractical Turbo Duels are.

TheWhiteEmperor

-Strolls in all smooth-like.- Hm, I've been monitoring this for the past.. twenty minutes, reading up and such. But sadly I believe I was too late to the party, then again.. The worst you can say is 'no', so.. Are you still accepting new members?
Abscences and Apologies || On's and Off's

I will be gone for an indeterminate amount of time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Love you all, you will be missed. 7/9/16

Patriarch

Sorry Emperor, we've already admitted two more people than we originally intended *laughs*. We might well open more slots in the future, but for now - we're swamped.

TheWhiteEmperor

That is quite alright. Just thought it was worth a shot. -Bows.- Adieu, good sir. ;P
Abscences and Apologies || On's and Off's

I will be gone for an indeterminate amount of time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Love you all, you will be missed. 7/9/16

Thorn14

Can you or your co GM friend do the role of the Vanguard? or do you want another player?

Patriarch

I know Yasarra is going to be a vanguard for Genso - since she's also a player - but I'm staying back for now. We really want this to emphasize the player's creation of their own stories, not a GM's. You'll be doing it a lot later, setting up your own duels and quests and approaches to events.

However, if need be, we can match up any people who haven't paired yet. But probably a good idea to give you a chance to find someone you like best first. ;)

Thorn14

Alright. I PM'd hyena but I guess I caught him while he was leaving haha.

I do need to think of a good vanguard though. I figured someone with a polarizing personality might be fun.

Are they aspects of the self? Or third parties? Or is that our choice?

Patriarch

They're third parties, but they can be just like an aspect of yourself if you like. Otherwise they might be separate individuals you don't get along with at all... Or anything inbetween *smiles*

Bloody Rose

can it be another spirit in like yugi/yami? I think I have a idea for mine if what I asked is possible

Patriarch

I don't see why not. Ultimate character customization is the name of the game.

Thorn14

Stairc? I need elaboration.

Will the other player be playing your duel spirit for the rest of the campaign or RPs? Or just for the introduction.

Patriarch

For the introduction. After that, you can handle it as you like - rping the spirit yourself, or having another player (perhaps the same player) continue the role.

Thorn14

Alright, sorry for pestering. It seems Hyena wont be able to do the RP with me do to some preference issues (nothing major) so I'm gonna need another player, although, he brought it to my attention that duel spirits had to be a duel monster from a CARD or something, right? Now i'm not too sure how that will work, especially if it has to be from my deck.

Patriarch

The spirit can be a card - but doesn't have to be. However, I recommend it is. Nice to have that reference.

As for what duel spirits are - here's a good article on that.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Duel_Monster_Spirits

Thorn14

Alright, I just worry because the cards my character is gonna have will be similar to her, and I was hoping for a somewhat contrasting type. Hrm...I'll have to sleep on it.

FYI: The samurai in the deck are going to be roleplayed by demon huntresses similar to what my character is and grew up with, since its practically a major aspect of her (and in case any adult fun should befall them heh)

Patriarch

Nice *smiles*. And your duel spirit doesn't HAVE to be a card in your deck.

Thorn14

Oh? So maybe just one that happens to be drawn to them? That opens up more ideas.

If you aren't too busy, do you think you could PM me a few ideas for cards that would make a fun contrast? You know alot more than I do.

Gensokian

Alright, Thorny-Thorn-Thornson, I'll be the one helping you out, to save Stairc some time and pain. Just letting you know when it's I you get the PM from. ^^

Patriarch

Thanks Genso, and btw Thorn - don't hesitate to ask questions. Genso volunteered to help out here, and he's really good at this. You weren't bothering me at all. *smiles*