ExXxalted game

Started by DreadD, December 14, 2009, 01:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prurientelf

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 30, 2009, 01:10:38 AM
I think there is two caste spots left open in our solar circle :). I am Dawn, one was twilight sorceress, another a Zenith. So Night and Eclipse castes are unoccupied so far as I know.

See the first page; I'm playing an Eclipse. :p

Zaer Darkwail

Ouch, sorry prurien, so we have ecplipse, dawn, zenith and some exalted sorceress (could been Lunar or twiligth).

Ryvaken

Still any room for players? Perhaps a Lunar? Willing to be bonded to a Solar with a compassion of at least 3, or could just as easily go independent.
In creativity, meaning.

Empyrean

Sorry for the late response. I got a Christmas present from work. A cold. :(

Terian and Ryvaken: Yeah, you can play. PM me your sheets.

I think that with these last two I'm going to close recruitment for now.

Ryvaken

In creativity, meaning.

prurientelf

Quote from: Empyrean on December 31, 2009, 08:55:15 AM
Sorry for the late response. I got a Christmas present from work. A cold. :(

Terian and Ryvaken: Yeah, you can play. PM me your sheets.

I think that with these last two I'm going to close recruitment for now.

Hope you're feeling better!  Mailed you my buxom heroine; can't wait to start the adventure! :)

Plot Hooks

I've sent you character sheets as well.   If you'd like, I can also be reached on most major messengers.
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

Ons/Offs       Ideas          A/A

DreadD

My character is mostly ready in my head, just need to get ahold of the GM to hammer out a few things.

prurientelf

He's pretty responsive over messages from my exp (I had tons of questions as this is my first 2nd edition exalt and wanted some permission on a few custom stuff) 

I also am on msn if people want to talk character dynamics and earlier in the thread I know there was some discussion of people not being comfortable having their player character manipulated/hurt/etc. by other pc's.  I'm very much comfortable with player manipulations of my heroine by and large with a few exceptions (I am playing a somewhat naive Eclipse) just to let people know.  ;)

DreadD

Oh, right, I'm running the Changing Moons Lunar I was considering before, as I don't think I specified that.

Ryvaken

Absent the possibility of taking Vice and Greater curse flaws to buy another charm or more backgrounds, my sheet is done. It wasn't easy; some tweaks to Luminous Tyger left me with something functional but not terribly fun-looking. That's when I discovered the chain daiklave and completely rewrote about 90% of the backstory.

Anyone interested in a male west-born Full Moon hedonistic Lunar mate?
In creativity, meaning.

Terian

Think I'll back out after all--from a few day's consideration, I couldn't come up with a concept I was happy with.

Idej

Hey, I'm new Exalted, but I am quite interested in this game.

If there are any spots available I can learn pretty well with game mechanics and be able to get character down.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ryvaken on December 31, 2009, 08:09:35 PM
Absent the possibility of taking Vice and Greater curse flaws to buy another charm or more backgrounds, my sheet is done. It wasn't easy; some tweaks to Luminous Tyger left me with something functional but not terribly fun-looking. That's when I discovered the chain daiklave and completely rewrote about 90% of the backstory.

Anyone interested in a male west-born Full Moon hedonistic Lunar mate?

Chain daiklave? Mean like chain bladed sword? Is there stats to such things?! Anycase I would not mind lunar mate but suppose you seek solar who is opposite gender, but then again even if we have eternal oath it would not mean having sex together :P. But that we are connected otherwise (but likely one two of us was woman in first age life so it can screw your head over have flashbacks when you were woman while your still a guy presently).

(note; do not take overly serious the solar mate offer :P)

Ryvaken

Scroll of the Monk. Two dots, one hearthstone setting. Essentially it's a dire chain and a short daiklave rolled into one, with another line of stats for using it as a chain with a blade at the end. Copied from my sheet's weapon entry:
WeaponSpeedAccuracyDamageRateRangeDefenseTagsOther
Chain Daiklave5189L210 feet162,M,RAttune 4
Chain Daiklave4208L2Melee13MAs sword
Chain Daiklave51812B210 feet16M,RAs chain
Chain Daiklave61910B110 feetNoneC,M,R,PClinch
In creativity, meaning.

Zaer Darkwail

Nice sword, I myself went for reaver daiklave (for six foot long katana).

Ryvaken

That's reaper. The reaver is a butcher's cleaver. I know, their names are horribly similar for two polarized expressions of daiklaves. I usually go reaper or wavecleaver. If I'm low on dots, a short daiklave is as good as a reaper if you're light on hearthstones. But this guy, his backstory had him learning to use ropes and chains as improvised weapons. I was expecting to focus on unarmed fighting with Claws of the Silver Moon, but then I stumbled onto this bad boy. I think I'm in love.
In creativity, meaning.

Zaer Darkwail

Hehe, nice. Well I myself got just few melee charms. Iron Whirlwind, and took Fivefold Bulwark Stance (so I can parry much as I like with my high parry rating). Of course are prequisite charms for those two. I just hope it is enough besides orihalcum reinforced buff jacket for starting solar.

Ryvaken

First five charms I get for a sword solar end with Fivefold and Heavenly Guardian. Iron Whirlwind is too expensive to tempt me, though.

For my lunar, Fury is obvious. Impressions of Strength, the version that adds a post-soak die to damage. Wasp Sting and Golden Tiger. All Fury-OK charms. I can only activate 2 at once with my Essence, though. Throw in a couple First Excellencies for kicks. I would have preferred Secure Cat to Golden Tiger, but Secure Cat doesn't lead to Flowing Body. Which is a pity.
In creativity, meaning.

Ryvaken

Wait, Golden Tiger in Fury is Dexterity divided by 2? I thought that was a plus sign! Ugh, that is nasty. Maybe I should switch to Secure Cat so I can use its full rate more effectively. Hrrrrrm.
In creativity, meaning.

Empyrean

Hey guys. I'm just waiting for the char sheets from the two people Reiji was bringing in. Once they're approved we'll be good to go.

Muse

Meep!  Am I too late? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Chimerelf

Figured I'd pop in and introduce myself.

I'm Chimerelf, ReijiTabibito's friend.  I've just sent off my character sheet to Empyrean.

Ultlifeform has just been approved and will be sending off his character sheet momentarily. 

Anyway, it's nice to meet everyone and I hope this game will be awesome. :-)
-- Chimerelf

Ryvaken

Oh come on, you can tell us more than that. What is the color of your forehead?
In creativity, meaning.

ultlifeform

Alright... I'm the last guy, I just got approved today and have been trying to iron out the last kinks in my character sheet... or hopefully the last kinks... I'll send the sheet immediately...

Nice to meet everyone and I hope we can have fun together...
"Keep shooting yourself in the head, it's the only way to let the demons out."