News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Superpowers - Blessing Or Curse (starting again cos it hit a brick wall)

Started by Lady Jenn, August 15, 2011, 03:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"In theory I or Myra could teleport us on board," The Archangel said. "But we don't know what's on there, we could teleport into a trap."

"Lazlo might know how to enter it safely," Tom said. "If he can find a way to portal them down here there's no reason he can't get us up there."

Haztur

"True... but we could teleport a bomb or send a bomb through the portal to make the work for us." said Clarice.
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Too risky," Tom said. "We have good reason to think they may have hostages on board there, if we blow it up before making sure there are no prisoners on there we'll be killing innocent people at the same time."

Haztur

"Hostages? What proofs do we have of this? and who they have?"
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"People have been going missing for months," Tom replied. "The CIA think its disguised because there's no link between the people who've been taken but they're being snatched and then vanishing from all official records. We can't be sure they're on the ship but its hard to think where else they could be."

Haztur

"If they are still alive... what if tey use them as food or to experiment?"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"That's why we need to try and bring them back," Tom replied. "It may not be possible to save them but I'd rather try and fail than simply blow the ship up with them still on it."

Haztur

Clarice sighed "I suppose you are right, then we must make a plan to make it as sson as we can... we need to take them out from over us."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"We can't do that immediately," the Archangel said. "Lazlo is still recovering, I can't guarantee if we force him to use his powers now that something won't go wrong and we won't all end up suffocating in outer space cos he put the portal in the wrong place."

Haztur

Clarice listened to archangel words and jsut nodded, the incapability of being of too much help getting to her, but they were right.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Myra, Clarice, go check the children are alright," Tom said. "I think you've both had enough sight of battle without having to helpg us clear this place up too."

Haztur

Clarice nodded taking Myra by her healthy arm and going to see how are the children doing.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

They reached the cavern where the woman who had helped Myra earlier was checking those who had been in the cavern for any injuries. She looked up from the young girl she was treating and smiled at their approach.

"I could do with some help distracting them," she said. "They want to go back to the courtyard but there's no way they can go up their before they clear it."

Haztur

Clarice helped distracting the kids, so they will not go upward, she began telling them stories, mostly invented at the moment,  guessing from their future reactions what would have them bored and what will keep them interesting for a little while. At least until the courtyard was cleaned from the demon's bodies.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"I want to help." a young girl said, coming up to Myra and Clarice. "They think I don't know what happened to my sister but they forget what my powers are."

"You're Sarna's sister aren't you," Myra said, kneeling down in front of the girl and sighing as she saw the girl nod. "Sarna was one of the bodies among the dead in the courtyard, Tea here is her younger sister. She can use her powers to turn near enough anything into a weapon. You aren't ready to fight Te-"

"Sarna was barely older than me when the Underground recruited her," Tea replied, a note of anger in her voice. "I...we both had to grow up quickly after what the Hunters did to our parents."

Haztur

Clarice caressed the girl's hair tenderly "its not just about powers and maturing fast dear... experienced people fell today... you need to train first, or all the powers in the world won't help you." said Clarice sorry for the girl's lost. "besides, someone needs to carry on for your sister, why do you think she was up there? she was not there to fight or keep us safe... she was there fighting so you could be safe, don't waste your sister's death plunging into danger before being ready."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"I think she's right," Myra said. "Her and Sam are still young but their siblings started fighting at almost the same age as them. But I don't know if Tom would agree, especially not after today."

"Please," Tea said. "Me and Sam want to help. Well, I'd like to," she said, blushing slightly which amused Myra no end.

"Well, I can see why you two want to stick together," she said, before turning to Clarice. "I think at the very least we should ask Tom what he thinks, he knows them better than either of us do. Plus their powers could come in handy up on that ship."

Haztur

"Well... we can ask" but while Clarice said that she though what she really wanted to say "they are kids... and exactly, other kids just were murdered today, we can let them do that... besides... inexperience might get us killed, we will be worrying about them instead of the hostages... too much liability, there is still more fighting in the future no reason to get them in risk so soon."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Her parents were killed in front of her eyes," Myra sent back to her. "Something tells me Sam and Tea will follow us up there whether we give them permission to or not, at least if they come with us they'll be where we can see them."

Haztur

Clarice frowned "Someone is going to get killed if they come...  I assure you that..."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"I can hear you," Tea said grumpily. "I can understand Clarice not knowing but you should remember Myra," she said, wandering off evidently upset.

"She's partially telepathic," Myra said, cursing under her breath. "She's not as strong as Tom so its easy to forget, not helped by the fact she only uses it when she thinks people are hiding something from her."

Haztur

Clarice looked at the girl seriously into the eyes "Then you know the reasons. You prefer to be stubborn enough to get you or any other at risk because you can't understand when to back off? Because that will happen, people would be checking on you instead of putting more attention on our enemies... if something happens to any of you they will go looking for you or they will go down protection you. But of course... since you want to fight you don't care if someone days because you can't understand when its the time to fight and when its not."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

Tea stormed off, going deep into the cavern beyond the reach of the caverns, leaving Myra cursing under her breat.

"Don't you get it?" Sam said from where he was leaning against a pillar. "Our siblings didn't get a choice whether to fight or not. We're both orphans because of what the Hunters have done, we have as much right to fight as you do/" He suddenly vanished, Myra realising they'd been looking at one of his doubles.

"We have to at least ask Tom," Myra said to Clarice. "In a perfect world we'd be able to leave them out of this but the one thing that attack proves is our enemy isn't picky about who they fight."

Haztur

Clarice just shrugs "its not about who has the right or not, its about strategy, they might have useful and powerful powers, they might have been forced to mature through all their loses... but they are still kids, inexperienced in combat, the guys would be taking a look for them, that will make people careless in other endeavors. They are also angry and they want pay back, how much patience would you think any of them will have if told to wait? You just said it, if we don't bring them, then they would anyway go. Myra this is not like in the movies where children will turn the tide of the battle, unfortunately they might get someone killed." said Clarice.

"I know how I sounds... but working with the CIA and with Black Ops, I know what happens when people make mistakes, even pros or veterans... the reason a lot of our soldiers are not dead is because i foesaw 2 minutes earlier how they would die and did everything in my power to change it."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"I know," she said, biting her lip. "But I'm worried Tea will come with us whether we want her to or not. These villains have claimed the lives of just about all the family she had, she'll want payback."

"Not all her family," Tom said, catching them offguard as he seemed to appear suddenly behind them. "Her mother was my sister, when she and her husband were killed by the Hunters I took her and Sarna in and treated them like the kids I'd never had. I don't want to risk her in battle but Myra's right, revenge is what drives Tea now. Rock and Myra can provide us with plenty of protection between them. I don't want to take Sam and Tea with us but I'd rather they went up as part of our team than go up alone."

"Do not underestimate Tea's powers Clarice," The Archangel said. "I have seen her future, if it turns out the way our ship came from. She becomes one of the greatest heroes the Underground has, I'm not sure even you Tom are aware of her full potential."

Myra was staring at the ring on the Archangel's hand, convinced she had seen the image on it somewhere before. Then as Sam brought Tea towards them she saw the ring on Tea's left hand. They were almost identical, the only difference being the creature's ring appeared more aged.

Clarice, Myra sent her telepathically. I think I know who the Archangel really is, unless there's an unbelievable conicidence at work here."