Sex – The Game! (Jumanji gone WILD!) - Announcements Made!

Started by Patriarch, October 15, 2010, 11:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rubicon

Right! Broad Categories (there will be some crossover):

• Threshold (doing something new for the character - anything from first time penetrative sex for a virgin through first five-way for a wild child -- the key is 'breaking new ground, sexually')
  • Multiple (doing things with more than one person)
  • Transformative (becoming something different -- anything from transgendered to encatgirling)
  • Dream (undergoing a fantasy scenario, with one or more other players, generally light/positive fantasy)
  • Nightmare (the same as dream, but dark, NC scenarios which the character wouldn't realize they've been fantasizing about)
  • Reversal (a fantasy where the player finds themselves on the opposite side of their usual fantasy position)
  • Enhancement (the toys category -- where 'toy' can have broad meanings and can include potions and the like)
It's a start, maybe?

Sunday

well obviously there should be a kink's/fetishes category. maybe a positions category. you know by taking really weird sexual positions which normally only really nimble people would be able to perform and force the characters to act them out. maybe a toys category? starting off with having to play with a bullet, to doing it with a double headed dildo, or being fucked with a strap on or whatever... then maybe a bondage category, or sub category... that might fall under kinks. but there's allot of really strange bondage gear out there, it could do with its own section. maybe a cosplay category as well?

Jarod1

Beside for summons i would say another catagory would be transformation or alteration.  increase or decrease the size of parts of the body, make certain parts of the body more sensative.  Complete or partial transformations from one gender to another, thing like that that, not to mention altering someones emotional state and things of that like causing them to do things the character would never conciously do or their own or maybe they would but its becomes compulsion.

Probably a catagory for bondage, though the details for this one are sketchier at least for me.  perhaps varying effects like blindfolds or balls placed in someones mouth until another affect counters it.  things of that nature would be fun to play with.

Rubicon has some good ides as well.  I like fantasy and nightmare inparticular.

Patriarch

Ah, good ideas all around. Transformation is a very strong category (including all changes to a character's body and/or mind) and should certainly make it in. Fantasy/Nightmare are both excellent as well - since both hinge on desires of the particular characters, meaning that it will be easier to make sure they conform to the player's ons and offs. Also, Fantasy will be a partly positive experience - a welcome break from all the mayhem occurring in the other categories.

Oh, and I'm calling it 'fantasy' rather than 'dream' because it just has a nice ring to it *winks*.

What other ideas are there for categories? We'll probably only end up with five or six, maybe less, but let's make sure we generate twice that many options so we only pick the best.

Sunday

there is allot of amazing bondage gear out there. some of them simple yet unique! and could be fun to use if anyone finds some neat looking bondage or toy gear.
should we look for such things for the sake of the rp? It'd be good to have a few for idea purposes. cause I'm sure coming up with all the scenarios may be a trial, so having some resources to pull from would be helpful for all :3

Rubicon

Summons almost seem to be cross-category. In any given category, there might be a summons, as part of a fantasy or nightmare,or to act out the kink and the like.

Really, that almost seems like a conditional -- the difference between a summons (the game providing the other figures in the fantasy) and a cross-play (other players being drawn into the fantasy instead). And of course, sometimes it will be both. ;)

Patriarch

Sure, you can look for bondage gear and post your favorites. The more ideas the merrier.

I can sure see why you'd say summons seem cross category, but for that matter - most everything is cross category. After all, we COULD do the entire game with just two categories, Fantasy/Nightmare - or just one even. It depends on how you define the categories that it matters. I think some categories can have overlap too, that's not really an issue, but they should still have their own unique identity.

One thing - I've been going over ways to let people be sucked into one of the game's realms like people are interested in without slowing the turn order down. To accomplish this, I think that time moves faster in said realms, so they can experience a full day and only seem to be gone for minutes. That way, they might only miss a turn or two before being brought back to the board. Being forced to be a sex-slave for a day to some person from another realm could be very fun indeed. That's an interesting card to draw.

Jarod1

There should definately be a group catagory.  In this catagory whatever the effect is should have somekind of affect on each of the players.  Be it a sexually charged haze falling over them to more specific things

I also like the idea of a catagory for slave, or puppy play.  Either where another character is the the master for a time or something that is summoned is. 

Patriarch

A group category that includes elements of all other categories, just applies them to everyone, could work very well. It's easy to make and clearly different. I expect many of the other categories may affect multiple players - but Group could be the only one that effects everyone at once.

I think a Submission category (less narrow) could be a good one - but I'm not sure how many different types of cards could come out of it. Other than, 'you're now a slave to THIS person'. *laughs* Perhaps 'Submission' means that you have to do something, you're absolutely compelled to do it. That could work. Whether it's just stripping for the group, sucking someone's cock, or forced to obey a being's commands - that's a much broader category. Basically, the game itself is your master and you must follow its commands when you draw a submission card.

Sunday

it could be like monopoly with the two card choices xD  but I feel as though that is perhaps too broad. Though it might add a sense of mystery to the game if the categorys are vague. so when they open the game they don't see bondage and kink. so more theme related, like the nightmare and dream thing. so when they start playing they don't have an idea what they've really started.

Jarod1

LOL, that does sound about right.  Submission works nicely.  its much broader and leaves things more open.

Anyway, much as I'd like to continue this conversation, I have to work.  So I will talk to you all later.

Patriarch

Yes, I think two card choices is too broad. So far I like Summoning, Transformation and Submission - each of which are relatively distinct categories. We'll likely add Group to any final outline we put together. Dream/Nightmare seems to have overlap with EVERY other category imaginable, so it's becoming difficult to see how those would work... But perhaps they're unique in the way they're custom-tailored to the individual. Perhaps just one, Fantasy (Combining Dream and Nightmare) would be best - unlocking some hidden desire in the character, whether something sweet and light or hardcore NC. This gives the added advantage of letting players be sure that some of the cards that turn up will be uniquely suited to their ons and offs. Each player would create a few dozen 'Fantasies' they'd enjoy their character engaging in and then Yassara and I will make a custom stack of those cards for each player. This means that when you land on Fantasy, one of your scenarios will be picked - not anyone else's. Also, we'll throw some together that seem uniquely suited to your tastes - so that you'll still get the fun of not always knowing what's going to show up.

That I can get behind! What do you say?

Sunday

Rubicon

Nazora

I like the circles of progress and the points system, sounds good. Some theme ideas.

Summons- This would be where a creature is summoned in the real world to wreak havoc on the summoner or some cases someone the summoner chooses. I think the concept has been worked out perfectly.

Submission- This would be a category where the player is forced to submit to a sexual act or force that submission onto someone else. The acts would be simple in the first ring, maybe a kiss, a touch, fondling, cuddling, forced contact, and progress to more sexual acts as the game progresses.

Apparel- This involves clothing and gear. Having your dress changed into very naughty lingerie or your jeans and shirt into a speedo with a net top would be one idea. It could be simple things as being forced to wear a corset. An apparel punishment might be a chastity belt that only the game or another player has the key to. Minor changes like having dresses get shorter or outfits become swimsuits would be great for the first circle of the early game. Step ups might include vibrators, edible clothing, forced nudity, piercings, tattoos, clothes that stimulate, etc. This segment would include bondage gear such as handcuffs, tying, leather, chaining in positions and such.

Transformation- This would involve physical changes to the body, increasing in severity with each advancing circle of the game.

Mental- This would involve the alteration of memories, knowledge, preferences, habits, speech patterns, lust, and aspects of personality. Also increasing in severity as the game advances. The characters should retain some basic knowledge somewhere of who they were, so they have a chance of reversing the effects if they get the option.

Combo mental/physical Transformations- Late game. Would involve a series of changes that constitute a theme. Such as a full anthro transformation, bimbofication, macho-superstud, mythical creature, or even the somewhat frightening prospect of becoming a genitalia tentacle monster. These might advance a little each turn, with the player having to take actions and spend points to delay or halt the effects. There would have to be a chance of drawing or using a reversal power.

Fantasy- This would allow the player to escape in a setting that would be a fantasy for them. It could actually be a welcome rest from the chaos of the game, like laying on the beach with a good book for the time the player is in the fantasy.

Trial- This would suck the player in the world to face some kind of encounter where a task must be fulfilled to earn points for that turn.

Every category might have a rest card, meaning the player would face no challenge or change but still gain a small amount of points. That would leave some room for luck.

So people will try to move out of the first level, they should remember that not leaving a level does not mean they are safe from more severe effects, as other players who have advanced will get cards that force or encourage them to inflict events and changes on other players.

I think each category should have some group cards instead of having a group category in and of itself.
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Status: Posting a bit slowly due to chaotic schedule, bear with me please.

Patriarch

Aww, you're going to make me blush.

Okay, that's good then. Now we should make sure that these categories cover everything we'd want to be in the game. Summoning covers bringing all manner of entities to interact with the player, as well as likely summoning THEM to other places. Transformations alter the character's body and mind, one card neko-fying them, another giving them a new kink. Submission forces a character to do something, or follow another's commands until set specifications are met. Fantasy throws you into a scenario suited specifically to your character's subconscious (designed especially for you, and often by you). Group has elements of all of them - but effects all players.

Are there any things we'd like to happen that are NOT covered by these categories? Fantasy might be able to patch some holes, of course, but is there anything major we're missing?

EDIT - Nazora, your categories are excellent too. I think we can meld Apparel, Transformation, Mental and Combo all into one category though. I know you LOVE your transformations, but those really do all seem similar. And, also, you yourself have provided a progression. In the first ring, mostly changes to apparel and some minor mental or physical changes. In the middle rings, major changes to VERY naughty apparel and significant physical or mental changes. In the final rings, HEAVY physical/mental combination. How does that sound?

Also, as per Fantasy - I think that some will be light and luxurious but they should have sexual elements. As mentioned above - I like the idea of Fantasy being crafted by the players in part to be specific to their character, whether light or heavy NC or anything inbetween.

Now, Trial is a very interesting concept. I like it, a lot. I think they should be much rarer than the other categories - maybe only 1 or 2 squares out of a ring ring, while the other categories have 4 squares each. But Trials... Major tasks for major points... That sounds very interesting indeed.

Also, lets not forget Group. Sure, we don't need it - but it seems to be an easy category to make and has the fun of making sure that other players are interested in what's going on during each others' turns. If they land on Group, it'll affect everyone after all.

Sunday

wow that's amazingly well thought out Nazora. I think that really covers everything... Ohh feeling really excited about this. 8D

Patriarch

*smiles* I know, isn't she great? And I love how almost everyone has made a contribution to a category suggestion.

What do you think about the combination of Nazora's and Mine proposals? The Combination of all transformations into one category with the aforementioned tiers, turning Fantasy personal the way Jarod and Rubicon loved, and the addition of Trial and Group as well... *grins*

It makes for an absolutely excellent game.

Nazora

I like it.  ;D

If we combine all the transformation categories might we make separate category for bondage? It would involve being tied down, chained, wrapped up, in various positions and possibly to various people in degrees of compromising positions. Though this could be incorporated in both the submission and transformation categories instead of being a category in and of itself.
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Status: Posting a bit slowly due to chaotic schedule, bear with me please.

Sunday

lol, depends can anyone think of a pleasant alternative word for bondage which makes it sound sweet and innocent?

though it all sounds good to me so far. we've almost got a finished game here! xD

Patriarch

Great! I think we'll incorporate bondage into Submission heavily and transformation mildly. Submission needs the extra material, and it's a natural fit there. Also, for every new category we have to make around 100 new cards (even if only results in 20 cards for each level of five rings), so I'm hesitant to add even more categories *laughs*. Bondage might have fifty brilliant ideas, but another hundred seems a major chore! *laughs* Besides, it'll then make Submission that much harder to fill out!  ;D

Also, if you want to make sure something's in, feel free to put a lot of it in your Fantasies. That's the best way to have things fill in the holes... *coughs* so to speak.

And yep, we've almost got the finished outline - but we still need to MAKE all the cards. So lets everyone get started on that! Throw your ideas up here for any of the confirmed categories (Summoning, Transformation, Submission, Trial and Group). Fantasy will be yours and yours alone, so no need to put them here.

yasarra

Wow!

I get home from work, and there are all these terrific replies!  The ideas...so many lovely ideas for Stairc and I to play with. *giggles maniacally*  I will hash them over with Stairc and in the next few days, we'll come up with a (hopefully) cohesive, finished product.  I hope those of you that do play (and read along) will love it.

Until then...
*blows kisses to everyone with a wink*

Patriarch

Absolutely!

And, ladies and gentlemen, meet Yasarra - the courteous and lovely co-founder and co-gm of the game. She'll be judging submissions with me, running it with me, gming it with me... And basically being generally awesome.

Keep posting ideas and keep discussing! We'll definitely incorporate everything everyone suggests as we work - as well as put our own ideas here.

Sunday

i think we should definitely have size play (under transformation) in which the character is either shrunk down into a tiny vulnerable state , in which further tasks may involve common house hold objects to pleasure their tiny selves. or large fantasy creatures (like say a troll) comes in to abuse them. or maybe they grow big and have to sex someone else up.

yasarra

Ah!

Size play is lots of fun! *grins*  Of course, we will, no doubt, find plenty of it in game.