The Necromancer [mxm] [multiple ideas]

Started by Observing Trifles, October 20, 2016, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Observing Trifles

Lately, I've been craving a story or two involving one of my favorite original characters, whose detailed profile and history can be found here. I'm up for any of these, or variations thereof.

A necromancer, medicine man, and purveyor of macabre curios, Draenai has found a place to settle in the dark corners of a bustling city where he conducts his business, relying on word of mouth to attract his clients. He's a solitary sort, primarily out of self-preservation, for a spider-demon isn't exactly welcome in polite society.

1.) Conducting business as usual, Drae's idyllic life of relatively calm obscurity is interrupted by the presence of a new magic-user in his city. Where the necromancer takes satisfaction in silence and order, the other is loud and extroverted, disrupting his quiet. And worst of all, to Drae's great frustration, the other has taken a liking to him... This would see Drae being shoved out of his comfort zone, which is probably very good for him, as he is very set in his ways.

Drae is a creature of night and darkness, and for this version, I'd like the other magic-user to be one of light. An elf or fae would probably be best, one with enough confidence and resilience of personality to not give up when Drae shoots him down over and over again.

2.) Despite considering himself worlds above common mediums who communicate with the dead, Drae accepts an overly generous offer from a noble family, who after the untimely death of their son seek the aid of the necromancer to find closure. He succeeds in his endeavor and returns to business as usual, but soon discovers that he took home more than his fee. Owing to the fact that Drae is the only one who can see or hear him, the ghost - longing for company - imprints on the necromancer and follows him home.

3.) Skills such as raising zombified corpses and communicating with the dead come easy to necromancers of Drae's caliber. Restoring both a body's true soul and vitality is, however, a different story, as most risen corpses will decompose over time. In his pursuit of this goal, Drae inadvertently traps the spirit of a demon in the body of a human - a demon he has met and exorcised before, one who holds a grudge.
|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.

Observing Trifles

|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.