Minecrafters of Elliquiy, how do you make a server?

Started by Xenphir, November 12, 2014, 04:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenphir

Well, I've asked on the minecraft forums itself but it seems I get a better response/more helpful people here. I know a lot of E members are minecrafters, and quite a few of those are tech-savvy ones.

I want to make a small server using the program Evolve. (It is similar to Hamachi, but better I hear.) The catch is, I want mods in it to. Naturally, I get the minecraft 1.6.4 (Yes its old-ish) server file, and the forge 1.6.4 for server file into a miniature folder named Server. At first, it kind of worked.
I opened the forge server application with java, it opened, made a world, loaded all the .txt files and other files into the server folder, and it was okay. I managed to get in the server, and it worked lag-free. Problem was, none of the mods showed up and if I placed a block or something from the mod into the world, it would disappear. I know for sure that the mods will work together in Single Player just fine without any complications.

Edit: I also have a problem with making/running .bat files. I put in the java text I am suppose to and labeled it startserver.bat but when I go to run it, it only opens in notepad even though it says it is a .bat file.
So, I tried to find a way to re-make the world, thinking maybe I had to delete the current one. I deleted the World folder and the server folders (The .txt and the other one.) because that is how I re-made worlds last time. It didn't work, and kept the same one.

Then I tried completely cleaning out the server folder, starting all over, and putting the mods and config inside before I started it up the first time. The forge server program loaded up as if the spawn/world was already made, and ignored the mods once again. I emptied the entire folder, so why is the same world still coming back?

I emptied it again, and now, when I start up the server, none of the other files will even load. Not the server.txt or the other necessary ones, but the server will open and load the world. I haven't tried to connect to it like that since to me it seems like it wouldn't work.

I'm not sure what else to do, but I really want to play on a server with my friend and no one else, with the mods we have and not packs from other servers.

LadyKrys

My server is hosted on a separate domain, but I have done Himachi before. If Evolve works like it, should be no problem.

As for the other issues, I have always run Hey0 (not around anymore, Bukkit's ancestor), Bukkit, or Tekkit for my servers when I want mods.

For your .bat file, make sure that when you save it, you click the dropdown that says Text Documents(*.txt) to the All Files. Then save it as startserver.bat. If that dropdown is still set to .txt, it will always save it as a .txt.

Vekseid

Elliquiy's official servers on World Unbent use Cauldron, the new creative server (still need to finish setting it up sometime >_>) is running spigot.

I highly recommend using notepad++ for text editing in Windows, it's far superior.

Are you using the forge server jar when you are trying to load mods?

Xenphir

LadyKrys,  Doing that didn't change anything. Still only opens in notepad. ;.;

Vekseid: I am using the forge server jar. I'm not good at downloading lots of stuff or all this. I need baby speak with it. xD