[Interest Check] RWBY Roleplay (Co-GM Welcome)

Started by Florence, February 14, 2015, 12:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

Quote from: Wolfy on February 18, 2015, 04:04:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPAsjd_f6sk

Boop! *pokes Florence's nose* Pfffttt

I ship those two, SO hard.

Also, I'm going to try getting up the OOC and character threads tonight. IC thread will come within a few days, I think.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Juggtacular

It's clear that NoraxRen and PhyrraxJeane are gonna hook up. So cute. Weiss and Neptune and Yang/Sun are awesome too.

DarkNevaeh

Juggtacular

I'm on my phone. Totally typed the wrong name at the end Lol.

MissFire

I got bored and came up with another character. I'm not sure if I should submit it and try to play both, or swap out the one that's already approved for this one. Or just add her to my archives. Thoughts?

Name: Jade Yeoh
Color Allusion: Green

Race: Human
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Weapon: Iron Dust Rings - Jade wears a series of extremely heavy iron rings on her lower arms and legs, seven on each limb. The rings are rather loose, forcing Jade to flex her arms and legs to keep them from sliding around. When she gets drunk (see 'Semblance') and relaxes, the rings move more freely on her limbs and slide together with tremendous impact at the apex of each blow. The ring closest to her wrists and ankles are imbued with earth Dust, which is set off with heavy enough impact, adding to the force of every blow. The rings chime musically as they slide along her arms and legs, followed by a heavy, almost drum-like sound with each impact. In bolstering her fighting, Jade has mastered Hung Ga (iron fist kung fu) and Zui Quan (drunken fist kung fu) and blended them together into a singular style all her own.

Semblance: Semblance of Thirst - Jade's body allows her to somehow process alcohol into strength and speed. To put it quite simply; the drunker she is the stronger and faster she is. Naturally, she didn't discover this until she was legal drinking age so she had thought herself without a semblance until then and developed her martial skills to compensate. The first few times she got drunk she and her friends thought it a mere coincidence that it took ten people to calm her down - they just thought her a rowdy drunk. But after some time they noticed that her speed and strength increased to superhuman levels when intoxicated, and so she started studying Zui Quan to help her fight. Jade is a fierce fighter even sober, but when she's drunk she's extremely unpredictable and blindingly fast.

Appearance: Addt'l Image #1, Addt'l Image #2

Personality: Happy-go-lucky and cheerful, most people view Jade as being rather harmless. She comes off as a bit of a goofball and carries herself with an easy-going nature that makes it easy for people to get close to her. Terrible at academics and testing, she seems like a bit of a dunce, but what she lacks in book knowledge she makes up for in having keen intuition and deductive reasoning. Some of her observations can sometimes take people by surprise. A steadfast believer in honesty and truth, she always speaks her mind.

History: Jade spent most of her time at Beacon being a fairly middling student. Her test scores were mostly abysmal, but she did well in just about all physical activities. She found studying from books to be extremely boring and knew that her strength did not lie in the written word, so she kept on her physical education. In school she could be often found in the gym or somewhere by herself training. While other students had fancier weapons and semblances to help them, Jade didn't seem to have the wealth or talent to stand out in a crowd, especially since she also couldn't aim a ranged weapon worth a damn. So she focused extremely heavily on martial arts and hand-to-hand combat. Even though her bubbly personality earned her a few friends her then lackluster combat skills gave her a reputation as being semi-useless. Since then she's come into her own and now that she's found her semblance she's ready to prove just how good she is.

Ons: Alcohol, cuddling, training, women
Offs: Liars, cheats, being underestimated
Theme Music: Beautiful Green Beast
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Florence

Quote from: MissFire on February 18, 2015, 06:39:48 PM
I got bored and came up with another character. I'm not sure if I should submit it and try to play both, or swap out the one that's already approved for this one. Or just add her to my archives. Thoughts?

Weapon: Iron Dust Rings - Jade wears a series of extremely heavy iron rings on her lower arms and legs, seven on each limb. The rings are rather loose, forcing Jade to flex her arms and legs to keep them from sliding around. When she gets drunk (see 'Semblance') and relaxes, the rings move more freely on her limbs and slide together with tremendous impact at the apex of each blow. The ring closest to her wrists and ankles are imbued with earth Dust, which is set off with heavy enough impact, adding to the force of every blow. The rings chime musically as they slide along her arms and legs, followed by a heavy, almost drum-like sound with each impact. In bolstering her fighting, Jade has mastered Hung Ga (iron fist kung fu) and Zui Quan (drunken fist kung fu) and blended them together into a singular style all her own.

Semblance: Semblance of Thirst - Jade's body allows her to somehow process alcohol into strength and speed. To put it quite simply; the drunker she is the stronger and faster she is. Naturally, she didn't discover this until she was legal drinking age so she had thought herself without a semblance until then and developed her martial skills to compensate. The first few times she got drunk she and her friends thought it a mere coincidence that it took ten people to calm her down - they just thought her a rowdy drunk. But after some time they noticed that her speed and strength increased to superhuman levels when intoxicated, and so she started studying Zui Quan to help her fight. Jade is a fierce fighter even sober, but when she's drunk she's extremely unpredictable and blindingly fast.

Personality: Happy-go-lucky and cheerful, most people view Jade as being rather harmless. She comes off as a bit of a goofball and carries herself with an easy-going nature that makes it easy for people to get close to her. Terrible at academics and testing, she seems like a bit of a dunce, but what she lacks in book knowledge she makes up for in having keen intuition and deductive reasoning. Some of her observations can sometimes take people by surprise. A steadfast believer in honesty and truth, she always speaks her mind.

History: Jade spent most of her time at Beacon being a fairly middling student. Her test scores were mostly abysmal, but she did well in just about all physical activities. She found studying from books to be extremely boring and knew that her strength did not lie in the written word, so she kept on her physical education. In school she could be often found in the gym or somewhere by herself training. While other students had fancier weapons and semblances to help them, Jade didn't seem to have the wealth or talent to stand out in a crowd, especially since she also couldn't aim a ranged weapon worth a damn. So she focused extremely heavily on martial arts and hand-to-hand combat. Even though her bubbly personality earned her a few friends her then lackluster combat skills gave her a reputation as being semi-useless. Since then she's come into her own and now that she's found her semblance she's ready to prove just how good she is.

Well, I really liked the first one, but this one is nice too! Plus, Chie.

I'm perfectly fine with you using both, so long as you're capable of handling two characters at once without burning out or neglecting one of them.

And \o/! I've been meaning to watch those, Zaer, thank you!
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Florence

Guh, wasn't able to get them up as early as I intended, but the OOC and character thread will come up within the next 24 hours or I will eat my own boot.

DinaFlower

I wonder what they will do with Ren if they keep the show going.

DinaFlower

Quote from: MissFire on February 18, 2015, 06:39:48 PM

Chū!! I likey!!

Zaer Darkwail

Jade is nice char :). Albeit bit similar to another anime char albeit female :P. But I can see some interesting interactions between Jade and Silber (as Silber is heavy drinker and she may coerce Jade for drinking to initiate intense training duel regularly).

Juggtacular

Fenrir: "Jade fights best when she's good and liquored up. Why else would I carry around a barrel of sake on missions?"

Zaer Darkwail

Silber: "Yo! Save some after the mission also! Fighting makes me thirsty!"

DarkNevaeh

MissFire

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

DarkNevaeh

Florence

I am dangerously close to my boot-eating deadline, but the threads are in the works right now!

Florence

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223980.0

OOC Thread is up! There's a link to the Character Thread in there. Sorry they're not super fancy, but... super fancy pretty graphics aren't my strength :P

Post your approved character sheets in the character thread, and I'll link to them in the first post for easy browsing :3

Wolfy

Baalborn87

Silk

Same I got some hella writers block trying to get the final description up x.x

Juggtacular

DarkNevaeh

If you need help, PM me.  ^_^  I enjoy helping people