The Evil Pieces (Highschool Dxd AU)

Started by zenpai, September 13, 2015, 04:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenpai

The Evil Pieces, also known as the Devil's Pieces, are a set of 15 chess pieces given to top-class Devils to increase their ranks by reincarnating other beings into Devils.

Based on the game of chess, there are a total of 15 pieces (1 Queen ♛, 2 Rooks ♜, 2 Bishops ♝, 2 Knights ♞, and 8 Pawns ♟) that are given to top-class Devils (King ♚) with a peerage. These pieces are used to reincarnate other beings into Devils and become servants of the top-class Devil. The reincarnation abilities of the Evil Pieces, however, are not absolute as they cannot reincarnate Gods/Buddhas and Dragon God into Devils even with a Mutation Piece.

There are also special pieces known as the Mutation Pieces. If reviving a person requires more than one piece, then using one Mutation Piece would be sufficient in reincarnating that person instead of having to use several pieces. Mutation Pieces can be a Queen, Rook, Knight, Bishop, or Pawn. They are said to be very rare, and only 1 out of 10 Devils possess the Piece. Normal Evil Pieces can also change into Mutation Pieces.

Queens are worth 9 Pawns. Queens possess all the characteristics of Rooks, Knights, and Bishops, making them the most balanced piece as well as the most powerful.

Rooks  are worth 5 Pawns. Rooks gain superhuman strength, leading to high offense and defense. However, they are not very quick, and can get beaten easily by a high-speed opponent. It was mentioned in Volume 2 and shown by Rias in Volume 4 that the King can perform castling with a Rook piece.

Bishops are worth 3 Pawns. Bishops gain enhanced magical abilities which they can use to conjure up a multitude of spells (offensive, healing, etc.). However, more powerful spells consume most of their magical power, which takes a long time to regain, forcing them to use their power carefully or risk becoming vulnerable to physical attacks.

Knights are worth 3 Pawns. Knights gain increased speed and mobility, enabling them to perform high-speed attacks and maneuvers. However, their main weakness is their low defense, making them vulnerable to powerful attacks if they are not careful. Another weakness among knights are their legs; if their legs are injured, their mobility is greatly reduced.

Pawns are worth 1 Pawn each. The traits of Pawns is the ability to promote into a Queen, Rook, Knight, or Bishop in enemy territory  or with the permission of their King.
--------
Sacred Gears also known as God's Artifacts, are items with powerful abilities bestowed upon humans by the original God from the Bible. They are one of the main points of interest in the High School DxD series

Only humans or human hybrids can be born with Sacred Gears. Angels and Devils can obtain them by resurrecting a human or human hybrid as one of their own. The Fallen Angels have devised a ceremony to extract and possess a Sacred Gear from the original user.

It is possible for an individual to own more than one Sacred Gear at a time. As to why Angels and Devils are never born with them, yet keep them when transformed from humans, is another mystery. Presumably because God never foresaw the new systems of reincarnating Devils and Angels which arose after His death.

Sacred Gears have an ultimate state of activation called the Balance Breaker, which is the most powerful manifestation of the Sacred Gear. Once reached, the Balance Breaker can be entered again far more easily than the first time. An incomplete Balance Breaker can be reached by self-sacrifice on the part of the user, such as when Issei sacrificed his left arm, allowing it to be transformed into a Dragon arm. However, this sacrifice method does not count as a true activation of Balance Breaker. Reaching the Balance Breaker can be triggered by the feelings of its possessor. Balance Breaker is said to be have been never intended, and that it was a flaw in the system created by God.
------
Basic run down

Queens are second in command

Rook are tanks class

Bishops are magic users class

Knight are assault class

Pawn are support class
----
the Reaming factions

Angels -The angels want peace between all livening beings.

Fallen angels -the fallen angel want to regain there Grace to go back home to heaven. ( By killing Devils)

Devils- The devils want to peaceful lives and have family.   

---
winning /losingin combat will be based off a ranking system and the writer skill.

The  ranking system
God level
Demi-god level
titan level 
super human level
human level
each level has 3 sub level  weak, average, and strong. good writers can beat anyone up to a full rank higher than them.

The Story
Elwin the devil want freedom from his seven older sisters. so he ran away from home. during his time away from home he kills a fallen angel in self defiance. but the fallen angels saw as an act of war. So Elwin is thrown into the war between the fallen angels and devils. while at the same time trying to live a normal life among humans. 

Setting: a small college town in north America with at most 1,000 people living there. 

Name:
Sacred Gears/powers:
history :
----
Rules
No  Longinus aka God killers as Sacred gear. But you can level up to god killer rank.
sites rules
no cannon figures
Only humans & half humans can have Sacred gear.
have fun 
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

zenpai

Name: Elwin Howard (Chaos)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Race:Pure blood devil
Sacred Gears/powers: Chaos wave- The chaos wave have the power to drive any and everything it touches insane.
everlasting chains- Elwin's main weapon and only weapon chains made of a unbreakable metal.   
history :Elwin is the only son born to the Chaos family nobles devils. he stays in the human world to avoid his seven older sisters. Elwin when he became of age, he was given his very own set of evil pieces. He own and runs his very own table top game shop. the shop is warded to prevent him being found by unwanted guest.

Queen:

Rook:
-Snake
-
Bishop:
-
-
Knights:
-
-
Pawn:
-
-
-
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

zenpai

just for the sake of it
I have a few ideas for anyone willing to try them out.

A female frost giant as Queen, rook, pawn

a druid priest as a bishop

a soldier or mercenary  as a knight, pawn

a lycan as a rook, pawn

a half breed (half human / half any race other than angel or demon) as any open

Jeufufns

herk, noone else took an interest yet well I'll be damned.................

Guess I'm the first to do so ^^

Snake

Actually I did. I just Pm'ed him the character profile

Jeufufns

zenpai

zenpai

Deathnote

Hmm... I think I know what you're missing here.  All your original post does is talk about the Devil's pieces.  You've neglected telling us the story, meaning only those who've watched Highschool DxD would understand what you're talking about.

I've seen all of season one, but I'd still like to know a bit more about what this specific game will be about.  Maybe give us a description as to what Elwin's goals are like?  Is this going to be set in a highschool?  I'd also like a refresher on the different factions (angel, fallen angel, devils) and their roles in the grand scheme of things.

Leki

Wasn't going to say anything, but since someone else now has I figure I'd jump on the wagon and state my thoughts as well. Personally I really liked the concept behind Highschool DxD, but unfortunately this request seemed more like a wikipedia post than an actual request for roleplays. I guess it's the same thing Deathnote is saying in that there's really no information about the roleplay itself, focusing way too much on the source material.

Plus, your post literally is a copy/paste of the Highschool DxD Wikia page....

The Wikipedia point is further emphasized with needless bits of information. For example it doesn't really matter how much many pawns a piece is worth, unless you're using it as a gauge of power (nulling the skill-strength component).
On that note, I should probably also ask if you're looking for 8 pawns, or whether you're looking for 3 (as per the vacant slots). If you wanted multi-pawn pieces, you'd need to explain how you want that to work.

Mutation pieces are the same deal as the pawn-values. If you intend to include them state so, if not it doesn't really need to be stated as it's just an extra layer of irrelevant confusion.

Being completely blunt, I'm also not convinced whether this is an actual roleplay concept, or just a straight pull from the series. I acknowledge the Sacred Gears are pretty important in the source, and it wouldn't be quite DxD to remove them, I do feel it's causing needless confusion as to what's going on. Needless to say the whole part about the Balance Breaker hence seems over the top, it works in a story but in collaborative writing.... I'd hate for any RP to turn into a contest where mature age people start competing over who can be more thirteen-year old like by flaunting their "Because I say so" powers. Would have been much better to incorporate a section explaining what a Rating Game was.

zenpai

Quote from: Leki on October 23, 2015, 02:03:04 AM
Wasn't going to say anything, but since someone else now has I figure I'd jump on the wagon and state my thoughts as well. Personally I really liked the concept behind Highschool DxD, but unfortunately this request seemed more like a wikipedia post than an actual request for roleplays. I guess it's the same thing Deathnote is saying in that there's really no information about the roleplay itself, focusing way too much on the source material.

Plus, your post literally is a copy/paste of the Highschool DxD Wikia page....

The Wikipedia point is further emphasized with needless bits of information. For example it doesn't really matter how much many pawns a piece is worth, unless you're using it as a gauge of power (nulling the skill-strength component).
On that note, I should probably also ask if you're looking for 8 pawns, or whether you're looking for 3 (as per the vacant slots). If you wanted multi-pawn pieces, you'd need to explain how you want that to work.

Mutation pieces are the same deal as the pawn-values. If you intend to include them state so, if not it doesn't really need to be stated as it's just an extra layer of irrelevant confusion.

Being completely blunt, I'm also not convinced whether this is an actual roleplay concept, or just a straight pull from the series. I acknowledge the Sacred Gears are pretty important in the source, and it wouldn't be quite DxD to remove them, I do feel it's causing needless confusion as to what's going on. Needless to say the whole part about the Balance Breaker hence seems over the top, it works in a story but in collaborative writing.... I'd hate for any RP to turn into a contest where mature age people start competing over who can be more thirteen-year old like by flaunting their "Because I say so" powers. Would have been much better to incorporate a section explaining what a Rating Game was.
Yes it was copied form the wiki. I will post a story outline as soon as I get home.   
The no god killer rule to to prevent people from being all powerful. Balance breakers are not going to be useable until I think that the user has earn it

Quote from: Deathnote on October 23, 2015, 12:09:47 AM
Hmm... I think I know what you're missing here.  All your original post does is talk about the Devil's pieces.  You've neglected telling us the story, meaning only those who've watched Highschool DxD would understand what you're talking about.

I've seen all of season one, but I'd still like to know a bit more about what this specific game will be about.  Maybe give us a description as to what Elwin's goals are like?  Is this going to be set in a highschool?  I'd also like a refresher on the different factions (angel, fallen angel, devils) and their roles in the grand scheme of things.
as for fictions I was thinking any mythological race or groups as long as no one playing a cannon figure. (Thor, Odin, Zeus, Heracles, or any of the like.)

zenpai

I posted an up to date list of player, basic story,   

zenpai

I kinda thought of a fare way to determent combat outcomes

Snake

Wow it's been a while Zenpai. I thought you'd given up on this.

zenpai

Snake

That's good to know. I'm still waiting :3