X-Men Re-imagined - It's back! Still accepting (especially students!)

Started by Orange Marmalade, January 27, 2015, 12:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slytherindoctor

Quote from: Doomsday on June 07, 2015, 11:37:31 PM
*Young Matthew Murdock fusses over his hair a bit*

Well, hello!

I've been watching Daredevil on Netflix, so does that mean I know Daredevil now?

Also, the question really does remain, how does he do his hair?

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: slytherindoctor on June 07, 2015, 10:20:19 PM
Do you have any powers in particular that you are not accepting?

Just the ones listed at the bottom of the first post, most everything else is open! :)

and Jagerin I'll give your char a review later tonight or tomorrow, but I think its gonna be just fine!

slytherindoctor

Also, the reason I ask about any powers that you're not currently accepting is because I have a magical/superpower style character I could use. But I need to ask about the abilities first. He has the following abilities:

Shapeshifting: That is, he can turn into various animals like an animagus. This also comes with a light ability to change appearance as a human. He can shift his appearance slightly, but can't change into other people, only animals with which he has some familiarity.

Energy Draining/Giving: When he touches people, he can drain their energy. Although, unlike Rogue, this is not instantaneous. He can control when he does this and when he doesn't. This allows him to use that energy for anything really including powering his other powers, making them stronger. He can even transfer this energy to other mutants, making their own powers stronger.

Fading into the Shadows: When in the shadows, he becomes particularly hard to see. His body fades into them. It isn't a camouflage, but a sort of envelopment by the shadows around him.

Moon: His powers are stronger at night in moonlight then otherwise. And even stronger in the full moon.

Necromancy: When he has a particularly large reserve of energy, he can raise the dead as zombies or, if he's partiuclarly powerful, as someone who can talk and interact with the living for as much as twenty or thirty minutes. This is something he doesn't know he can actually do yet as he's never had cause to interact with a dead body.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: slytherindoctor on June 08, 2015, 12:49:20 AM
Also, the reason I ask about any powers that you're not currently accepting is because I have a magical/superpower style character I could use. But I need to ask about the abilities first. He has the following abilities:

Ahh, gotcha! :) In this particular version of the Marvel universe things are slightly more mundane - there's no magic (along with no cosmic entities, aliens, etc). He could be a mutant with powers that manifest with somewhat mystical looking effects as long as it was things that make sense (think related powers), for example, but magic from the comics just doesn't quite exist in this world.

slytherindoctor

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on June 08, 2015, 01:32:38 AM
Ahh, gotcha! :) In this particular version of the Marvel universe things are slightly more mundane - there's no magic (along with no cosmic entities, aliens, etc). He could be a mutant with powers that manifest with somewhat mystical looking effects as long as it was things that make sense (think related powers), for example, but magic from the comics just doesn't quite exist in this world.

That's fine. It doesn't have to be "magic" persay, but he's a character I use for general magic related things. Which can also be superpowers. But yeah, do you have a problem with the mutant powers I listed or am I good to put up an app?

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: slytherindoctor on June 08, 2015, 01:34:53 AM
That's fine. It doesn't have to be "magic" persay, but he's a character I use for general magic related things. Which can also be superpowers. But yeah, do you have a problem with the mutant powers I listed or am I good to put up an app?

It would need to be a little more cohesive set of powers to work as an original character - one of the limitations I have in the character sheet template:
QuoteOriginal characters are limited to a single major power set/theme and it cannot be a direct copy of a Canon character.

The ones you have listed are a bit too spread out and unrelated. For example, from the ones you have listed you could fit the Energy Drain type power together with a Necromancy type power, but animal shapeshifting doesn't really fit with a tight single power theme. Hopefully that makes sense and helps :)

slytherindoctor

Alright. I see what you're going for there. So if I eliminate the shapeshifting part is it fine as is?

Jag

Quote from: Doomsday on June 07, 2015, 11:37:31 PM
*Young Matthew Murdock fusses over his hair a bit*

Well, hello!

*chuckles*

She actually started out in a tabletop group game as a "we fight a lot", on-off romantic interest for Toad. She was a lot like a female version of Beak. She's grown a lot since her first character sheet seven years ago. ^_^
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment