FemShepard will be a red head (so says bioware)

Started by Callie Del Noire, September 16, 2011, 08:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Aparently a lot of Mass Effect fans didn't like the blonde FemShepard on the cover of the game coming out. :D

CmdrRenegade

I think that's more because the default face of a female Shepard has been a red head.  That was the face people got used to seeing throughout 1 and 2 if they played female.  While not all that important, no one really likes change for the sake of change. 
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Inkidu

I voted for the dark-red myself. I just thought it looked best.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

Personally I do a custom.. very dark red head.. but I think that blonde is far far down the renegade path. :D

EbonyQueen

I always did a custom femshep.... Here she is, my FemShep!

CmdrRenegade

Anyone know a good and simple way to take pictures on the 360? I do have a digital camera but than the footage gets weird.  You must all see the character from which I take my name!
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Brandon

I pretty much play femshep exclusively because I cant stand the voice actor that does Maleshep but my femshep has the default hairdo with black hair, red lipstick, and green eyes. Looks badass considering shes a infiltrator (read: sniper)

Although I dont think I ever saw the blonde shep cover, someone have a link?
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Shjade

The redhead looked pretty nice as I recall. Pretty sure the brunette did, too, but it's been a while since I saw the lineup.

Didn't vote. Not like I'll be playing the game, after all.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 16, 2011, 10:36:06 PM
Personally I do a custom.. very dark red head.. but I think that blonde is far far down the renegade path. :D
Well, this is just to establish her canonical appearance, which is strange because femsheps are non-canonical anyways.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Shjade

Quote from: Inkidu on September 17, 2011, 11:15:10 AM
Well, this is just to establish her canonical appearance, which is strange because femsheps are non-canonical anyways.

Lies. Everyone knows Femshep is the true Shep. That other Shep is an alternate universe Shep in which Femshep had a sex change.
◕/◕'s

Inkidu

Quote from: Shjade on September 17, 2011, 01:49:58 PM
Lies. Everyone knows Femshep is the true Shep. That other Shep is an alternate universe Shep in which Femshep had a sex change.
Search your feelings you know it to be true!

Callie Del Noire

Callie Del Noire

Black Howling

I don't get the hatred for malesheps voice. Also, female shep as a blond? Doesn't that kinda make her seem less badassed. Not to say that blonds are less badassed, but the picture above doesn't scream 'ass kicking' to me.

Missy

I've never played the game myself, but I strongly prefer brunettes to blondes.

Brandon

Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Shjade

Quote from: Black Howling on September 23, 2011, 01:57:38 AM
Also, female shep as a blond? Doesn't that kinda make her seem less badassed.

Someone who hasn't seen The Long Kiss Goodnight. Or Kill Bill. Or...actually let's make this easier and just say no.
◕/◕'s

Black Howling

Quote from: Shjade on September 23, 2011, 04:02:59 PM
Someone who hasn't seen The Long Kiss Goodnight. Or Kill Bill. Or...actually let's make this easier and just say no.
Killbill we'll agree on, but the long kiss goodnight chick dyed her hair. And the girl from killbill honesty doesn't seem like a natural blond either. I'd say 'women that dye their hair blond are scary', with the exception of a few like Nina Williams.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Black Howling on September 23, 2011, 04:17:23 PM
Killbill we'll agree on, but the long kiss goodnight chick dyed her hair. And the girl from killbill honesty doesn't seem like a natural blond either. I'd say 'women that dye their hair blond are scary', with the exception of a few like Nina Williams.

"When we first met, you were like 'aw phooney, I burned the muffins'. Now you walk into a bar and give minutes later, sailors come running out. What's up with that.". 

Ah Charlie the Spy.  Good person.

Shjade

Quote from: Black Howling on September 23, 2011, 04:17:23 PM

Because you can tell that Femshep's blonde hair is her natural color from a picture.

Ohwait.

The point: appearing blonde is in no way an indication of weakness.
◕/◕'s

Black Howling

Quote from: Shjade on September 24, 2011, 04:56:21 AM
Because you can tell that Femshep's blonde hair is her natural color from a picture.

Ohwait.

The point: appearing blonde is in no way an indication of weakness.
Quote from: Black Howling on September 23, 2011, 01:57:38 AM
I don't get the hatred for malesheps voice. Also, female shep as a blond? Doesn't that kinda make her seem less badassed. Not to say that blonds are less badassed, but the picture above doesn't scream 'ass kicking' to me.
Hmmm, I believe that was already stated; though I guess repeating it doesn't hurt any. ;)

Shjade

It was already stated. Of course, so was the sentence immediately before it. You know, the one suggesting being blonde makes her seem less badass.

You can't have your cake and eat it, too. ;p
◕/◕'s

Black Howling

Quote from: Shjade on September 24, 2011, 04:18:51 PM
It was already stated. Of course, so was the sentence immediately before it. You know, the one suggesting being blonde makes her seem less badass.

You can't have your cake and eat it, too. ;p
That was stated as personal opinion, not fact; emphasized by the question mark. I was asking if others agreed, or disagreed with the opinion. It's obvious you disagree, which is fine. :P

EDIT: And for fun, The second side. See, both our opinions exist on a wide scale. ;)

Violence

I think it would have been cool to see them use the blond one just because I can't really think of another example of a bad-ass blond woman in fiction... with maybe the exception of Charlotte from Samurai Showdown. (*sigh* I love Charlotte)

You could argue, I guess, that it's just an impression given off by the hair color that turns character designers away from it... but I don't personally believe that's the case.

My Shepard was always a redhead, anyways.  I model her after a character of mine and name her Samantha.  And I can't play the male Shepard because of the huge gap in the quality of the voice acting.  But I don't need something that closely resembles my Shepard on the box, there's already a ton of badass redheads in stuff.
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.