The Immortal [Looking for GM]

Started by Le Immortelle, February 19, 2013, 06:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Immortelle

The Immortal

Hello there stranger, I see you have bumped into this thread and I hope the story mentioned below intrigues you.

This is a spin on the classic tale, but with the additions made by me and my partner in the plot. Orlando, is born as Hera, an illegitimate child of the seer Dio considered one of the most powerful prophets in the reign of king Cadmus, from one of his liasions with a prostitute named Europa. Disowned from childhood, when Europa attempts to give Hera her rightful legacy at a young age Dio takes the girl in, adopting her as his before leaving Europa to die. Cursing her for bringing disrepute and scandal to his name to forever change into a man and back in cycles. Hera doesn't inherit anything from her powerful father but her older brother Agenor gains the prophetic powers. At the age of ten, Hera begins to sprout male organs causing further scandal and shame, prompting her father to sell her off to pirate on the sea. Wherein she has several adventures. And thus, begins the story.

Now this is a peculiar kind of game for which I am looking for a GM. It shall go through several historic periods ranging from ancient Greece where the plot opens up to Pharoahs, Africa, Dark Ages, Roman Empire, Vikings, European History, US Civil War, Khanate, Shogunates, World Wars..I mean its a free ground for us before ultimately reaching to modern times and maybe even continuing further. My knowledge of history is not extensive and I am not the one to insist on it being exceptionally accurate because this game is not meant to be as along with history it shall have an element of magic. That being said, I am certainly up for doing any research that might be necessary. Supernatural very much exists except few can wield it. There will be creatures described in myths of these empires/rulers of the past.The principal character, Hera shall change into a male and back to female and again back to a male before reverting back to a female form throughout the story repeatedly. She will experience the horrors of worse kind, do the bravest possible acts and witness millenias and see the world change before her eyes in more ways than one, whilst possessing the vast knowledge of it all through the ages. She'll be a soldier, prostitute, emperors trusted aide, knight, courtesan, exotic dancer, politician, priest..the possibilities are endless.

The concept is partially shamelessly employed out of pastiche created by Alan Moore in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Therein, the character encounters Faust, Robin Hood amongst some other characters throughout its adventures in time. This is meant to be a blend of fact and fiction. Potential beings we could involve in there are Robur the Conqueror, Archimedes, Diogenes of Sinope, Alexander the Great, Aryabhatta, Cleopatra, Sherlock Holmes, Caligula, Nero..okay here I go ranting again. So yes, this is the concept and I would love to do it with someone who wants to do some off the beaten path writing.

Required: Reliable partner to GM the plot. All I ask for is a dedicated and creative partner. It will not be first come first serve, its a plot which is dear to me and I have been craving to do for a really long time. Thank you for reading.