Circle of Shadows: Sandbox&Action, Dark Fantasy (HLGBT, NEED MORE AGENTS!)

Started by Roen, December 31, 2015, 05:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roen

GM NOTE

I'd like to remind everyone that every PM on the subject of the game needs to be sent both to Kingmaster1 and myself, makes it easier for us to correlate and discuss your inquiries.

It makes us feel so happy and blessed to see so much interest of the game!
However, we'd like to remind everyone that while we'd like to get all of you in, it'll be impossible to get you all on the first round :/

The goal right now is 5 new recruits, not including the veteran players from the previous go of the game. We might be able to squeeze 6.
That said, it's also possible to get some of the remaining people on the "yet-to-be-recruited" status, and have the company recruit you later in the game, which means a mission dedicated to your character- if you can stand the wait.

Also, we're still looking for a third Co-GM, someone to help with the world building, the plots, the GMing and management.  In exchange for all of that contribution, that person will have a guaranteed spot in the game, as well as the satisfaction of being a part of this upcoming project! So PM Kingmaster1 and myself if you feel inspired and up to the challenge!

Your completed CS and questions will be answered once we've had a chance to go through all of them.

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Inari

I put myself up as yet to be recruited as it gives the RP a chance to settle before my character enters. :3

RegretNot offered to be a Co-GM on the other page and given his H.P Lovecraft inspired character I can safely say it would make for some interesting ideas. <3

CurvyKitten

I guess that means I should just hold off on making my character as it is. Oh well, maybe when you open up for the next round of things? Hopefully I don't miss that, if I could get a pm about that when it happens that be great. Thanks, and hope you all have fun in the game.

curvy

Roen

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 03, 2016, 07:48:19 AM
I guess that means I should just hold off on making my character as it is. Oh well, maybe when you open up for the next round of things? Hopefully I don't miss that, if I could get a pm about that when it happens that be great. Thanks, and hope you all have fun in the game.
curvy
Not at all, make your character. This isn't a first come-first served kind of deal.
Your character might fit better to the game.

As a principle, it's always good to have a greater variety to choose from.
Also, with a third co-GM we might be able to accept a larger number of players.

I'll check with Regret, Star, thank you.

-Nathan Alterman.

A Painter

Okay!  Here's my attempt at a character!

wip
Name: Margie Allawigan.  Perfers to be called Ally.
Age: 90, but appears to be around 19-25, depending on her makeup.
Sex: Female
Race: Vampire variant
Type: Mananangal
Origin: Filipino mythology
Notable Abilities/Skills:

• Invaulnerability: In Ally's human form nothing can kill her, but she also has next to zero supernatural powers.  You can hack at her and cut her up, but never completely tear her apart.  The pieces stick together and eventually meld again, making her whole.  The process is snail paced compared to Dorian’s.  Depending on the damage, she can take as long as a whole day to piece herself back together.  Ally has been known to walk around The Company with parts of her body simply hanging off her bones after dealing with the more difficult agents’ injuries.  However she does feel pain and does not appreciate being shred up because of some temper tantrum. It does seem to be a real and unavoidable occupational hazard.
  • Transformation: In Ally's monster form she leaves behind her legs, gains wings and some nasty claws and teeth.  Downside is she can be killed in this form and there are several ways to do it.
    Ally also grows a long, straw-like tongue for feeding.  It’s meant to suck out unborn babies or the blood of her victims.
  • Night Vision: She has this ability in her human and monster form.
  • Stealthy: As a monster she literally makes no sounds when she moves, but even as a human she’s generally light-footed.  Many a drink have been spilt because of this.
  • A Skilled Surgeon: While schools only teach their students about human anatomy, a lot of the stuff they teach can still save the life of a monster who is bleeding out on Ally's table.
  • Novice at Monster Anatomy: Ally is no master of alternative anatomy, but with her brains it’s only a matter of time, and she’s got plenty of it.
Notable Equipment:

• Monster Notes: Ally is starting her own personal library of different monsters and their anatomy, biological functions and potential weaknesses.  Once she’s done with it, it’s sure to be quite the read.
    To help speed things along she requests the field agents at The Company to bring her back any whole (or nearly whole) cadavers she can study.  It’s actually hard to keep her away from their hostages and prisoners.
  • First-Aid Kit: When she’s on the go, Ally always carries around a rather large bag of supplies.  It’s not the typical kit since Ally's patients are not your typical patients.  In her kit she carries sedatives, tubes of superglue, duct tape and bandages, a staple gun,  thread and needles of various sizes, alcohol, and a collection of surgical blades that includes a special battery-powered jigsaw.
Role: Resident Mad scientist. Doctor, possibly an infiltrator or the bad cop during interrogations.
Recruitment Status: Recruited
Employment History: Ally is extremely low-key.  She was surprised The Company found her at all.  She worked at a hospital whose cadavers were sent to morgues a little...dryer than usual, but she also volunteered at an abortion clinic, which is where The Company found her.  It was really a blip in the data that the clinic staff missed, or the owners were more than happy not to question; the waste products that the clinic disposed of did not match the amount of procedures they handled.  Ally never questioned how they found all this but she figured Leopold got bored one day and hacked in to multiple hospitals just because he could.
Appearance: This is what her  monster form looks like.  The legs don’t actually stand when she detaches from them. They become useless and a real liability.  If you take her legs, she’s just as good as dead.
Sexuality: Omnisexual, demiromantic
On/Off: click!
Personality: Ally is extremely polite and likes to make others feel comfortable in her presence.  She is also clean and organised, taking pride in her appearance and work.  The flip side is she’s damned stubborn and manipulative, always putting her own desires and needs first in the sneakiest way possible.  It’s a good thing she desires very little in this world.  Knowledge is on the top of that list, closely followed by food. 
Background: Ally’s story starts in a small province in the Philippines, somewhere in the deepest parts of the Visayas.  She was born to a very poor and very large family of farmers and lived the colorful life associated with poverty. 
Curse aside, Ally was one of the luckier ones.  Hell, the curse was actually the best thing that could have happened to her.  Ally, who was called Margie back in the day, was plucked from the farmland at the young age of six to work in a rich family’s estate as a maid.
Ally was always a brilliant, hardworking girl and not nearly as stubborn as she is today, so she caught the eye of the matron of the house.

Merits:

• Medical Degree: Ally's a damned good doctor, but mostly for humans right now. She is in the middle of switching her specialty from human to alternative species though.
  • Good Bedside Manner: She’s also got such an unassuming vibe to her.
    It’s a fantastic facade and she does not stir up trouble or anger in others during a conversation. She generally says little no matter what the situation, and what little she does say is usually very pleasant. 
  • Calm: Ally works well under pressure.  She keeps a level head and a steady hand even in the face or terrible situations.
  • Human Form: As a mananangal in human form, Ally can walk around any time of the day without taking damage form the sun.  It’s almost impossible to tell her a part from any regular human unless she transforms.
Shortcomings:

• Obsessive: While curiosity generally is encouraged and applauded, Ally’s thirst for knowledge boarders on the unhinged.
  • Impossible: While she is good company in a casual setting, she always does what she wants unless physically restrained.  She’s damned near impossible to work with once her obsessive behaviour is activated.  The word Sociopathic has been thrown around a few times.
  • Vain: Ally would never admit it, but one of the major reasons she does not transform (other than the invulnerability thing) is that she hates becoming an ugly, legless creature with nasty bat wings.
  • Her Legs: Sure they’re cute and all, but they’re also her biggest weakness.  When a mananangal transforms, which is only possible at night, it detaches from its legs.  If she cannot reconnect to her legs before the sun comes up, she dies.  So hide them, steal them or burn them and you’ve successfully killed her without even needing to fight her.  This is the explanation she gives everyone when they ask why she does not transform.
Hobbies: *Yeah, why not?*
Face Claim: Charlene Almarvez
How did YOU Find Us? Group Forum

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Roen on January 03, 2016, 09:23:33 AM
Not at all, make your character. This isn't a first come-first served kind of deal.
Your character might fit better to the game.

As a principle, it's always good to have a greater variety to choose from.
Also, with a third co-GM we might be able to accept a larger number of players.

I'll check with Regret, Star, thank you.

Ok I'll work on the sheet when I get home from work :) I may write up the ones that are really eating my brain at the moment and let you as gms decide which one if any work within your setting. That way I don't have to pick lol :p

CurvyKitten

Not going to lie my muse has been flailing since I got home. I had a different idea all together and am really into it. So hopefully you all like it as well, I'll share once its done :) Hopefully I can hold out and get it done tonight lol.

I'm having a problem though, I can't seem to find a model I like~pouts~

Roen

GM NOTE

Hey, Everyone!
Just a bit of an update.
As you should realize by now, this game is run this time around by Kingmaster1 and myself.
We've been looking for a third GM to help us with the workload, and RegretNot has decided to step up and volunteer for the part!

From here on out, RegretNot will be the third co-GM of Circle of Shadows,
I hope y'all are gonna give him a warm welcome.

Also, for the recruitment, we have been discussing the sheets submitted so far, even the WIP ones, and some of you are going to receive PMs in the next couple of days.

-Nathan Alterman.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Starcry on January 04, 2016, 05:33:44 PM
I know those feels. I get real picky...

I got it figured out, kate beckinsale is the face I will be using. SHEET DONE AND SENT! LOL hopefully they like it :).

EDIT: Well my sheet was denied, oh well. You all have fun with the game :)

RegretNot

I want to take a moment to give a simple overview what concepts and character types are in progress or approved so far so we can have for people with further interest to already know whats in play or being worked on by others.  Character type and origin is what I will be posting.  I will update every few days to try to keep it somewhat current. 

Dorian - Picture of Dorian Gray, Immortal
William - Doctor Who, Weeping Angel
Mikael - Angelic possessed Canine
Leopold - "Human" Techophile

Lorelei - Human, secretary
Johnny - Geist/ Bleach, Death Spirit
Hadley - Changeling the Lost, Darkling Changeling
Latet - The Invisible Man, Biped Humanoid-Chameleon crossbreed
Jean-Pierre - Japanese Mythology, Pale Man Tenome Demon (WIP)
Solas - Raven Mythologies, Shapeshifter
Cassandra - Black Jewels Trilogy/ Kushiel's Legacy, Nephilim (WIP)
Kenna - Norse Mythology, Valkyrie (WIP)
Sheraquin - I, Frankenstein, Gargoyle (WIP)
Dr. Mark Hazard - Loftcraft Mythos/ Hellblazer, Possessed Sorcerer
Shaun - Jack Frost/ Snow Miser, Ice Elemental
Margie - Filipino Mythology, Mananangal, Vampire Variant (WIP)
Alistar - Roman Mythology, Minotaur Hybrid (WIP)

Caela

Hehehe...a handly list! I will make a small note though, calling Lorelei, Lorelei, is a good way to get ignored! She uses her middle name Alexia.

wander

Wow, it's looking to be a big game! This should be fun!

Also, not sure why curvy was denied... But to the GMs, perhaps if sheets are getting turned down at this point (honestly I can see why with so many players now tbh), I hope people at least are getting a reason why their character didn't make the cut. *nods*

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Starcry on January 04, 2016, 07:20:16 PM
Try with another idea? D:

I would by the idea I finished has totally taken over my muse at the moment. Like so much so I have to find a different game to play her in LOL. So I don't think I could get as excited about the other ideas.

Quote from: wander on January 04, 2016, 08:58:53 PM
Wow, it's looking to be a big game! This should be fun!

Also, not sure why curvy was denied... But to the GMs, perhaps if sheets are getting turned down at this point (honestly I can see why with so many players now tbh), I hope people at least are getting a reason why their character didn't make the cut. *nods*

They did, it seems that my character was the a similar creature type as someone else. Totally different characters, but they felt that two of the a similar type wouldn't work in the game. Its ok, I just wish that list was up before I got hooked on the character and spent hours on the sheet LOL. Stayed up past my bed time and everything! :P Anyway maybe next time, you all have fun. :)

Roen

Hi, a couple of notes about the approval process.

Wander, concerning your inquiry, I hope you know that we always give a thorough explanation to why a character has been declined or requires changing. I, for one, prefer not to decline a character all together if there's a chance to approve it with minor alterations.
Sometimes we feel that it can't be helped, and that the necessary changes would alter the core concept of the character, in which case I humbly request a new one.

You must understand, my style as a GM is to pay story and gameplay attention to each and every character in my game (sometimes it takes some time, granted), and so I take great care in making sure the characters I accept each have their own niche I could accommodate and "pamper". Sometimes that means that I need to examine the characters in the coldest of views, like a board gamer- Do I already have a piece that functions like this one? Is there room for a second/third/fourth one? If I feel that the character won't serve the game in a significant way, and so the game won't serve the player in the same significant way, I can't in good faith approve it.
Doing otherwise just wouldn't be fair- not to the plot (because it wouldn't be as good), not to the player (because I won't be able to deliver them the experience) and not to the other players (who would be receiving a diluted experience for the niche they have already been approved for). 

That said, the processes of approval/disapproval of a character and the negotiations over the changes always happen in PMs, since these can understandably be an emotional process at times and we consider safeguarding a player (and a GM's) dignity to be our very crucial responsibility.

One thing we'd like you all to consider- this is a game, and although muses and inspirations on a website like Elliquiy shouldn't be taken lightly, it's still just a game, we are here to have fun. If we've turned down your character, it's just the character that we've rejected, not you as a person or as a very capable writer. That is why we usually encourage a player to try again with a different idea, knowing full well it takes time and a considerable bit of frustration, and are more than willing to lend a helping/guiding hand in the process and wait how ever long it takes for that second character sheet to arrive.

I hope my answers were thorough and clear enough to address any and all of your questions.

-Nathan Alterman.

Roen

GM NOTE

We're happy to announce that the new Approved Characters thread is up and running.
Currently awaiting all of the approved players to post their sheets in.
Keep in mind that you shouldn't post it there before you've finished your sheet and got a final sign of approval from any of the GMs.

The new thread can be found here: Click Here

Just another step on our way to restarting the game!
We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

-Nathan Alterman.

Lockepick

I appreciate that Shadow Control was dropped from Dr. Mark Hazard. It means a lot that you guys kept me in mind there. <3
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

wander

Sure thing, Roen... I didn't mean to sound like a That Guy. My apologies *bows*

bubby

Updated version of Sheraquin
Name: Sheraquin
Sex: Female
Race: Unknown
Type: Gargoyle
Origin: I, Frankenstein
Notable Abilities/Skills:
  • Enhanced Strength: Incredible ability to defy weight limitations but not completely break them. Dense, lengthy, or overweight items are easy to move and simple to use in nearly any manner. Can crush, lift, throw, or catch items of great weight.
  • Camouflage: Can make her coloration blend with the coloration of her background to avoid optical perception. (Gargoyle form only)
  • Enhanced Durability: Physical durability (ability to endure/resist damage) is extremely high, allowing her to take numerous blows of internal or external assaults before succumbing to the effects.
  • Dermal Armor: Can generate an innate armor (stone flesh)as a part of her body, which is resistant to attacks, harm or pain and temperature extremes.(In human form, only short bursts and only a single body section at a time.)
  • Night Vision: Has excellent night vision, the ability to see in low light conditions or even total darkness.
  • Wallcrawling: Can climb walls and stay unto ceilings. She does not deny gravity, but has the ability to adhere to surfaces unaided.
  • Wing Manifistation: When shifted to her true Gargoyle self is able to manifest wings that grow  allowing her to glide.(Cannot 'fly' up, can only glide down from a high position)

Notable Equipment:
Role: Head of Security/ Weapons & Explosives Expert
Recruitment Status: Recruited
Employment History: *No need for a list of previous jobs, but if your character has been recruited- how did it come to the employment of The Company?*
Appearance:
Concept Art of Sheraquin
Closest/Best gargoyle form I could find

Sexuality: Heterosexual – Bondage/Switch, likes a partner that can take and give in kind.
On/Off:My O/O's
Personality: For the most part, Sheraquin is cool, calm and collected, a hard nut to crack. She doesn't joke, she rarely smiles, and she takes her job very seriously. For all that she very much enjoys what she does. She considers her knowledge in explosives alone a delight, and is always looking for the 'next best technique'. I mean come on, getting to blow shit up? FUN. Actually, if anyone manages to actually see her when she's detonating one of her devices, that's when they'll see that toothy grin, that gleam in her eyes. Or when she's getting to shoot things. That's fun times too.
Background: *Your character's story, its history.*
Merits:

• Loyalty/Fealty: When Sheraquin pledges her loyalty, it is a heady  thing. She will do whatever it takes to protect those she has pledged herself to, and will put herself in any line of fire if necessary. To this end, though she may seem indifferent to those around her, in truth she is willing to put her life on the line for each and every one.
Shortcomings:

• Over Zealous/Reckless: She has a tendency to go a bit beyond expectations when it comes to her explosives setting. She doesn't think about any aftermath, like civilian casualties, or even possibly causing damage to her own 'team'. She figures giving a vague warning is enough. If no one listens, it's not her fault. She also tends to peruse the Black Market for guns and/or explosive ingredients, which... well... you get the idea.
  • Freeze Frame: Though she can take much damage, and her stamina is quite high, if she is hurt too badly or has not allowed herself to rest as she should, she can revert to her full frozen/sleeping Gargoyle state for regeneration, and will need to stay that way for at least 24 hours, rendering her useless. This also can happen anytime, anywhere.

Hobbies: *Yeah, why not?*
Face Claim: Charlize Theron
How did YOU Find Us? I am a Group Game hor when the Muse is alive, so I am constantly perusing the Group Game thread, looking for the next big thing.

I still need to put char history, which I have a vague idea on, as well as employment history. FOR GM'S: Since I have her as already recruited, I was wondering if you guys might be able to help me have an idea on how she came to work for the Company? I'm kinda drawing a blank on that.... if it's easier and I need to I can just put her on the 'Recruitment' list. I'm off to work now, so hopefully  I can finish her off completely tomorrow. I'll check for any PM's when I get home tonight.

Roen

Hey, Bubbs, we've yet a couple of CS submissions to go through,
we will get back to everyone today or tomorrow, fear not :D

-Nathan Alterman.

bubby

Quote from: Roen on January 05, 2016, 04:22:06 PM
Hey, Bubbs, we've yet a couple of CS submissions to go through,
we will get back to everyone today or tomorrow, fear not :D

Sweet!  ;D