The Princess and the Commoner.

Started by Skyro, February 26, 2010, 05:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kandy

Yeah I have to go to. But i'll be back tomorrow 10 am my time 6pm you're time. And I'll be on All day most likely. We'll talk more then. If you're on.

Night, sweet dreams!

Kandy

OOC: So I was thinking The King's army does find them, just, not yet. Like perhapes they make it safely to the town that Madaline gave them directions to, but since Bridget's been missing for so long the search for her has expanded into nearby kingdoms. So there will be guards there waiting for them.

Skyro

OOC: I like that idea actually. Shall we continue then m'lady?

Kandy

Kandy

Warm delicious smells wafted through the open door to the room where Bridget and Harrison had been staying the past couple of days. Soft giggles like the chimes of a bell could be heard under the gentle whisper of conversation in the other room. Bridget stood over Madaline's fire stove, scrambling fresh eggs from the chickens that the old woman kept out back.

Her face was alight with cheerful laughter as she spoke and gossiped about the recent goings on in her kingdom with Madaline, completely at ease and comfortable here in a the small cabin wearing, less than fancy clothes, and using her own two hands to prepare a meal. It was a whole new experience for the young princess and she found she enjoyed it. Like something inside her was just built to do this sort of thing.

It was easy for Bridget right then. There would be no more questioning about what she wanted. Even if she had to beg for work to help Harrison keep a home for the two of them, she would do it.

In a long earthy dress with her long golden curls draped around her neck, Bridget danced around the tiny kitchen doing as Madaline instructed and learning to prepare a meal for Harrison and herself. Unaware that Harrison had awoken.

Skyro

Harrison rose and sat on the bed for a moment, the rich smell of cooking wofting through the door that was ajar in front of him. Running a hand through his dark hair, he made his way to the door and peered out side.

There she was, the most beautiful thing Harrison had ever seen. She wasn't fancy, she wasn't caked in make up, she was her as she was intended to be. She was beautiful.

Harrison stood there for some moments watching her before finally opening the door and stepping into the room. He leant against the wall and watched her some more. She hadn't even noticed he was in the room yet!

He stepped forwards and walked behind her, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close from behind, he kissed the top of her head and held her there until he realised that Madaline was still in the room. Embarrased, he stepped back and bowed to Madaline, "I'm sorry ma'm," he mumbled and smiled.

Madaline simply waved him away, "I'll leave you in peace." She replied and scurried out of the room, a smile across her face. Its beautiful, and I hope it lasts, she thought remembering her late husband.

Kandy

Bridget gasped startled by Harrison when he came up behind her and pulled her into him. Then she blushed and giggled shyly turning around to face Harrison. She loved the way his hands, gentle and strong, were tender to touch her and the way his eyes glowed with love. She was sure her own eyes were a light blue reflection of his.

She blushed brighter when he softly kissed her head, in the way she had come to love as much as she loved him, and she was disapointed when he backed away from her letting her go completely. But she smiled and waved gratefully at Madaline as the old maid left the room. She didn't have to after all, this was her house.

Thinking about it that way made Bridget long for a home to call her own.

"Good morning m'lord." Bridget greeted Harrison quietly when they were alone, she added a fine curtsy and a dip of the head at the end with a beautiful smile up at him. "I trust you slept well?" she asked.

Skyro

"The best I've slept in a long time." He replied to her and pulled her close again. "Why are you up so early?" He asked but before she could reply, he planted his lips on hers again for a few seconds.

When he pulled away he smiled and moved to sit down nearby while Bridget turned back too cook. Watching her once again, he smiled and started to consider the idea that all this could become commonplace for him.

A place to call home. That would be nice.

Kandy

Bridget didn't need to answer Harrison because so much was already said in the kiss they shared. Once again Bridget felt herself flying head over heals wrapped up in his scent and his arms and in kissing him.

She felt his eyes on her as she turned back to finish cooking the eggs and smiled to herself. She was used to having men's eyes follow her every move, but this was different. This felt good.

Bridget served up Harrison's breakfast and set it in front of him before she got her plate and sat down at the table with him quietly.

OOC: I'm so sorry, my computer was being a butt.

Skyro

They ate in peace, looking up only occassional to stare into each other's eyes. They were lost in each other. Harrison wanted this to never end, but eventually, of course, it did.

Harrison rose, cleared away the plates and returned back to the bedroom to sort the final things they would need to leave and go and start their new life. After a few minutes of checking everything was fine, he went to see Madaline. He thanked her for her hospitallity, bowing low to her and putting his coat on.

"Bridget," he called loud, it felt good to say her name, it rolled off the end of his tongue. "Are you almost ready?"

Kandy

Bridget came running out to meet Harrison. She had her hair pinned up again so it wouldn't get in the way while they travled, and she was now wearing a pair of briches instead of a dress or a skirt. She had woken up early this morning with Madaline and together they crafted one of Madaline's old skirts into some travel easy leggings of Bridget.

Bridget felt a little odd wearing what was considered to be men's clothing, she wasn't too sure she liked the way the fabric felt between her legs. But it was a necesity. She didn't want to burden Harrison or slow them down because she couldn't walk over the rough terrain in a dress. The shoes she wore were simple brown flats made of deer hide not ideal for trecking across the mooreland but it was all she had.

She slung a small pack over her shoulder and strapped a strip of leather around her waist that sheathed a small sharp dagger.

"I'm ready now." She replied to Harrison walking up to him as he readied to leave.

Skyro

When he saw Bridget he didn't know what to say. She wasn't wearing what is considered the regular outfit for a young lady but she was radiant. He wanted to take her right then, in his arms and kiss her for all eternity. But there were more serious matters at hand.

Hoisting a bag over his shoulder and seathing a short sword Madaline had loaned him into his belt, he waved goodbye to Madaline and took Bridget by the hand. This was the start of their new life together.

They walked out the gate happier than could be, and they were about to walk over mooreland for days. True love works in funny ways, Harrison thought.

Kandy

bridget kept up with Harrison well for quite a while. And she found she enjoyed every second of his company as they walked on and on. She trusted he knew where he was going so instead of worrying about wheather she had seen that same tree not more than five minutes ago, she just followed him, looking up at the sky at times enjoying the view around her and taking in all the wonderful sights sounds and scents.

It was a whole different world out here. Even though it was the same marsh that had held her prisoner and almost taken her life not two days ago, Bridget felt light and happy with Harrison's hand in hers.

Before too long though, when the sun was at it's highest in the sky and the heat was at it's peek, Bridget began to slow. She tried not to let Harrison notice her fatigue detirmained to keep up with him and not slow him down.

Skyro

After a long time of walking, talking about nothing in particular, Bridget started to slow. She tried not to let on but Harrison could tell, she wasn't use to this after all.

"Bridget, do you want to rest?" he asked quietly, resting an arm on her shoulder. "I could do with one anyway!" He looked at her and waited for her response, they walked for a few more minutes before she gave in.

Sitting down by a tree, Harrison put his arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer as she rested her head on his shoulder. He sat there for a few minutes, looking out at the mooreland. It was quite the site, with the short shadows and greenery, in the distance he could just about make out a series of large, wide oak trees. All the oaks stood in a perfect row, just watching Harrion and Bridget as they rested for a short while.

Harrison ran his hand through her hair, our new life can start soon.

Kandy

Bridget breathed a deep sigh of conentment. This was so nice. Just sitting here in Harrisons arm like this. For quite some time she sat there in silence letting her mind wander.

"Harrison?" Bridget asked after some time. She hesitated before going on, choosing her words carefully. "We're going to be together for the rest of our lives, right?" she asked.

Skyro

Harrison looked at her for a moment then said simply, "If it kills me." and continued to stare into the distance.

Kandy

Bridget flinched at that and bit her lip. She didn't like to think she'd be the cause of her beloved's death. But she shook it off quickly and moved on.

"We will both live." She promised. "Together, you and me... with me, as your wife?" Bridget asked next almost too quiet to be heard.

Skyro

She was quiet, but Harrison heard her. He propped her chin up to look into her eyes, "Once we get to the next town, we'll find the nearest church and as God as our witness, we'll be married."

Harrison would marry this women if it took his last breathe. "I want to be with you always." He said finally, getting to his feet, "and we had best be on our way darling."

Kandy

"And I with you." Bridget replied happily under her breath before she stood and joined Harrison walking once more hand in hand.

Skyro

They walked for several hours, stopping every hour of so to sit for five minutes and sip some water before continuing their journey. Harrison saw some of the landmarks the old lady had pointed out and estimated that they should arrive at around dusk the next night.

As the night grew darker, Harrison felt it time to take some cover. Sitting under a tree, he laided out some blankets below them and some clothes in piles for pillows. With a blanket over the two of them, they pulled each other close and sat in silence for a long time, just feeling each other's hot breathe upon one another. Just happy to have each other.

Kandy

Bridget curled up in Harrisons arms and held on tightly to him, fitting one of her legs between his and pressing herself as close to him as she could get. So close together like this Bridget could not feel the bitter cold of the night around them.

She rested her head just below Harrison's chin sighing into his chest content to just be. To be here with him like this. The way things were going now it wasn't hard for Bridget to imagine it going on like this forever. This thought brought tears to her eyes, happy tears of joy.

Softly Bridget began to hum to herself. She hummed a lullaby she had grown up with, one her mother sang to her every night. It was soft and beautiful.

Skyro

The humming was sweet and tuneful and soon Harrison had drifted off into a deep sleep despite being on the ground under a tree in the middle of no where.

He had many dreams that night, some good, some bad.

He dreamt he married Bridget and they live together in a little house with many children. He dreamt he was rich and gave Bridget everthing she had ever wanted.

He also had nightmares, Bridget leaving him for a rich man, Bridget's father finding them and his head being removed. When he woke, Bridget was still sleeping and so he drifted back off again into many more vivid and colourful dreams.

Kandy

The next morning, after a light breakfast Bridget and Harrison set off again getting an early head start.

Feeling refreshed and full of anticipation Bridget was practically bouncing on her toes as they walked.

"We'll have our own home, quant but comfortable, a nice cottage in town maybe? or in the woods nearby? We'll both find work if we have to. We'll make a life for ourselves, Oh Harrison it'll be just wonderful!" Bridget rembled on joyously as they went.

"And before you know it there'll be the pitter patter of little feet all around the house." Bridget added with out thinking.

Skyro

The talk of children was sudden but Harrison said nothing about it, "Calm down dear!" He said this, but he enjoyed watching her in just a juvious mood. Occassional, he would just suddenly stop, take her in his arms and kiss her, just so she would be quiet for a few seconds.

"Once we get there, we'll sort ourselves out and then we can begin our new lives." He smiled at the thought of this.

They walked for several more hours until it must have been around three in the afternoon. They were new. Our new life is close.

Kandy

Bridget didn't think they would ever get there fast enough. After a while she finally did quiet down but she never lost the sheen of excitement in her eyes.

It wasn't until they finally reached the town where their lives would finally begin that Bridget started to have doubts and worries filling her head. Nervous, Bridget slowed to a stop on the outskirts of town and just stared at the unfamiliar village ahead of them. As far as she could tell it wasn't any different from the village in her kingdom, but she never really got to see much of her village being confined to the castle so she wasn't sure.

Bridget hesitated unsure about this all of the sudden. There were so many people, strangers, people she didn't know and who could very well be hostile, men in particular scared her. Two bigger meaner looking men were loading crates into the back of a wagon when Bridget and Harrison approached. Bridget's eyes met with one of them and she froze in her tracks, petrified.

Though they were not the men that had attacked her and almost killed her, it wasn't hard for Bridget to imagine their faces on the harmless workers in the street. And with it came the memory of what had happened to her all those nights ago. Image after horrible image flashed before her eyes and Bridget began to tremble slightly as she stood stalk still in horror.

Her heart began to race and a bead of sweat rolled down her brow. She was no longer in the quiet village but reliving everything that had gone on that night she had snuck out to find Harrison and the terrible days that followed up until they found Madaline.