Deception: Murder in Hong Kong/CS Files (Rules and OOC)

Started by Galactic Druid, December 17, 2015, 02:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Assassini on January 20, 2016, 02:11:54 PM
Abuse of GM powers! Silencing the masses now TRPG? :P

The corruption knows no bounds!

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on January 20, 2016, 02:22:12 PM
What do you mean by all vanilla? Just mafia and innocents, no special roles?

I was actually planning on pitching a round of werewolves during the Deception break. Depending on what you're looking for, maybe I can help.

Yup, just normal people and maifa, no superpowers, just deduction and lies.

Quote from: yugi006 on January 20, 2016, 02:25:23 PM
Not exactly nobody. A lot of us have shown interest. Just don't have enough people.

Well, true, not nobody!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Verasaille

I have been looking for more games. I don't see many updated for this year at all.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

yugi006

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 20, 2016, 02:28:08 PM
Yup, just normal people and maifa, no superpowers, just deduction and lies.

There should be at least some.

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Galactic Druid

I'll run one after the Deception break begins if we get enough interest. I haven't had terrible luck getting them started.

I have to admit, I prefer to play with at least a bodyguard, and love it most with a seer and some roles that cast shade, but I can do a vanilla round if enough people are interested.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

RedPhoenix

Verasaille

So how do people get into the games? Does the GM start sending PM's out to see if they want to play?

Sorry I have no clue how this works. We used to have several games going and now they are done. I am up for any of them.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Galactic Druid

I think it could work with a fun theme and the promise of PMing allowed so people can strategies and power play. Well find out, I just made a sign up sheet.

yugi006

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 20, 2016, 02:42:00 PM
Nobody wants all vanilla, that's the problem. :P

That can get stale really fast asa then it just becomes random guessing.

RedPhoenix

It's the exact opposite of random guessing, but enough talk about that in this game's thread. :)

Galactic Druid

I've run plenty of vanilla games IRL, and it's never come to random guessing, and that's without the PM sneakiness and backstabbery going on.

yugi006

Galactic Druid

"What am I doing wrong here? I've got all the players involved- why are there only 11 sets of cards?" - A completely idiotic GM who is definitely not me.

Galactic Druid

I hope you guys realize how much I love you all. Drawing and typing out nearly 100 cards is boring as all get out. Probably why I'm talking to myself right now....

RedPhoenix

Galactic Druid

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 20, 2016, 10:42:28 PM
Awww poor guy. :(

<3!

Everything is sent out on my end, so now we wait for an initial posting from our Forensic Scientist.

Galactic Druid

You guys have been busy since I went to bed! I love it! Hope you all are having fun!

Assassini

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on January 20, 2016, 10:39:30 PM
I hope you guys realize how much I love you all. Drawing and typing out nearly 100 cards is boring as all get out. Probably why I'm talking to myself right now....

Hahaha!

Totally picturing you alone in a dark room going "And Remiel gets this card, he'll like this card Precious, yes he will..."

Madame Professor

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on January 20, 2016, 10:39:30 PM

You don't have to worry until you start having arguments with yourself.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Galactic Druid

Those of you unfamiliar with me; every other weekend I have family commitments that usually keep me a little too busy for a heavy presence on Elliquiy. This is one of those weekends, and it's a pretty big one, so I'll be a little slower this weekend. That said, our FS has everything they need, so unless a specific rules question comes up, things should be able to flow smoothly.

persephone325

Remi, I have so much respect for you. I thought it was difficult trying to interpret the clues, oh my god! The FS has quite a task... Haha.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Remiel

I think I have narrowed it down to about two or three possibilities--I'm going to give other people a chance to try to solve the crime first, though.  :-)

And oh, yeah.  Just wait until you get to the Time of Day clue.  You'll be like, "Uh, can I pick None of the Above?"

persephone325

Quote from: Remiel on January 22, 2016, 04:51:37 PM
I think I have narrowed it down to about two or three possibilities--I'm going to give other people a chance to try to solve the crime first, though.  :-)

And oh, yeah.  Just wait until you get to the Time of Day clue.  You'll be like, "Uh, can I pick None of the Above?"

lol Are the clues the same every time? Like time of day, witness noticed, etc.?
I don't know.

Madame Professor

Quote from: persephone325 on January 22, 2016, 04:56:35 PM
lol Are the clues the same every time? Like time of day, witness noticed, etc.?

They are randomly drawn, so some might show up again.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Galactic Druid

There's less than 20, and we use 6 per game, so repeats are inevitable. I thought aboit setting aside anything that was already seen, but I was worried I'd break the game's balance if every FS didn't have the same chance to draw the same useful clues.