Deception: Murder in Hong Kong/CS Files (Rules and OOC)

Started by Galactic Druid, December 17, 2015, 02:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

We'll get started tomorrow. I left my game in the car after game night, and it is so damn cold out that no one will ever convince me to run to my car for a game, no matter what you try. Brrrrr....
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Galactic Druid

In the meantime, though, I will announce that E's dicebot has picked Persephone to enjoy a free 6 month supply of pomegranates. to be the next Forensic Scientist!

persephone325

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on January 19, 2016, 10:18:29 PM
In the meantime, though, I will announce that E's dicebot has picked Persephone to enjoy a free 6 month supply of pomegranates. to be the next Forensic Scientist!

*giggles* I'm happy with either! lol
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Madame Professor

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on January 19, 2016, 10:12:11 PM
We'll get started tomorrow. I left my game in the car after game night, and it is so damn cold out that no one will ever convince me to run to my car for a game, no matter what you try. Brrrrr....

LOL!

This sounds like an excuse I'd use.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Verasaille

How far is that car? You can't even run out in a little bit of cold? I would warm you up when you get back!!  ;D
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

persephone325

I ran outside today in a t-shirt, sweatpants, and socks to help my dad load up his laptop and table for his DJ gig tonight. lol
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Verasaille on January 19, 2016, 10:39:01 PM
How far is that car? You can't even run out in a little bit of cold? I would warm you up when you get back!!  ;D

Clearly Guy doesn't love us as much as we love him. *melodramatic sniffles*
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Derwaysh

Bugger! Was I late? Nonetheless I shall keep me eye on the thread should you decide to do another run, RPGuy! ;D
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

persephone325

Quote from: Derwaysh on January 20, 2016, 03:35:33 AM
Bugger! Was I late? Nonetheless I shall keep me eye on the thread should you decide to do another run, RPGuy! ;D

If he runs the game again after this, I will happily give you my spot so you get a chance to play. ^^
I don't know.

Derwaysh

Quote from: persephone325 on January 20, 2016, 03:37:56 AM
If he runs the game again after this, I will happily give you my spot so you get a chance to play. ^^

Not an issue in the least. I am having a lot of fun just watching and also learning from how everyone's playing it! ;D

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Madame Professor

You aren't late, Der dear. Guy hasn't handed out all the hidden roles yet. He was just announcing Persephone as the new FS for this round.

Fear not! We will toss you and Red into the frying pan!  >:)
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Galactic Druid

When I said we have 12, I was counting you as number 11, Der, you're in!

I don't count as a player, I just had out cards unless I'm the FS.

Assassini

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on January 19, 2016, 07:52:44 PM
When I get home from work, I'll deal out cards, and if I have time do roles, otherwise I'll start the game tomorrow for sure.

We will be adding The Witness! The witness starts the game knowing who the Murderer is! However, in the event of a victory by the investigators, the murderer gets one chance to guess and eliminate the witness before they make it to court, flipping the victory for themselves!

Basically a Merlin + Assassin combo. Sweet! That's awesome. I suspect this will make things actually harder for the investigators.

Quote from: Strangefate on January 19, 2016, 08:17:46 PM
Congrats Verasaille!  And a polite hat tip to Assassini as well who also mentioned that possibility.  I have to admit that while I wrote above that I found some merit in the Electric Current/Oil Stain argument, I’m not sure I would have ever actually guessed it myself.  So I’m glad that someone did.  :-)   That seemed like a rather tough round – Remiel really didn’t get a lot in the way of clues to point us towards Oil Stain.

Someone noticed! Fate is officially me new favourite.

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Madame Professor on January 19, 2016, 10:26:30 PM
LOL!

This sounds like an excuse I'd use.

You know how cold it is around here, that's not an excuse, it's a totally legit reason. *shivers*

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 19, 2016, 10:57:11 PM
Clearly Guy doesn't love us as much as we love him. *melodramatic sniffles*

Lies, Guy adores you all!

I'm so glad the turnout for this game had been so good. You guys are awesome, and your enthusiasm is infectious.

If only I was having as good luck getting stories started as I am social games...

Remiel

Quote from: Assassini on January 20, 2016, 09:25:57 AM
Basically a Merlin + Assassin combo. Sweet! That's awesome. I suspect this will make things actually harder for the investigators.

Yeah, when Madame Professor was explaining what the witness does, she was like, "the Witness knows which two players (but not which is which) the Murderer and Accomplice are, but not the murder weapon or the evidence"  I was like "Well, that's dumb.  I hate the witness."

Then she said "but if the Investigators solve the crime, the Murderer and Accomplice get to guess who the Witness is.  If they're right, the witness is killed and they win," I said "Oh, like Avalon? I changed my mind, that's awesome."

BAMF

pah. Texans complaining that it's cold.

it's currently 19 degrees at 1pm.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Derwaysh

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on January 20, 2016, 07:15:10 AM
When I said we have 12, I was counting you as number 11, Der, you're in!

I don't count as a player, I just had out cards unless I'm the FS.

Quote from: Madame Professor on January 20, 2016, 06:46:23 AM
You aren't late, Der dear. Guy hasn't handed out all the hidden roles yet. He was just announcing Persephone as the new FS for this round.

Gotcha woot woo! ;D

And if you can all kindly bundle up your colds and send it Northern California way that'll be faaaaaantastic.

A/A

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Madame Professor on January 20, 2016, 06:46:23 AM

I found the murderer! Mp with the frying pan in the forum!

Guy- Whoops! Hit modify instead of quote! Not used to GM actions being there.

Galactic Druid

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 20, 2016, 01:13:08 PM

But what was the key evidence?

RedPhoenix

Galactic Druid

Lol eww.

For some reason, Red, you avatar makes me think of a fancy futuristic VR headset. It makes me want to go dig up some old threads or mafia games....

RedPhoenix

I keep trying to push people to Mafia but nobody wants to play all vanilla versions!

Assassini

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 20, 2016, 01:13:08 PM

Abuse of GM powers! Silencing the masses now TRPG? :P

Galactic Druid

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 20, 2016, 02:04:48 PM
I keep trying to push people to Mafia but nobody wants to play all vanilla versions!

What do you mean by all vanilla? Just mafia and innocents, no special roles?

I was actually planning on pitching a round of werewolves during the Deception break. Depending on what you're looking for, maybe I can help.

yugi006

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 20, 2016, 02:04:48 PM

Not exactly nobody. A lot of us have shown interest. Just don't have enough people.