Betrayed...but by who

Started by Lady Jenn, January 05, 2012, 05:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"There's CIA closing in on her, so is Tyler," Fizz said. "If you have me there I can at least keep in contact with him to find out if he has any leads. Tyler thinks they're about to make a move, not on the President but on another target, if its true and you're going to try and stop her you'll need all the help you can get. I can't make you take me and Morrison with you but you'll last longer with us two there than you will without us."

Animegurl5

Skylar sighed again, holding her head in her hands. "Why is getting away from you people so difficult?" She growled, shaking her head. "Fine, but if he slows me down I'm dumping him." She said, laying back on the width of the bed, her legs dangling over the side. "Hurry up, I want to leave in twenty minutes... With or without him." She added to emphasize her point.
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131173.0

Lady Jenn

"Tom's sending a helicopter to pick up Turk," Petra said, coming back in. "It'll airlift him to an airfield where there's a transport plane and a doctor waiting for him. He's also given you and Tom clearance to go after your sister...reluctantly," she said, looking at Skylar. "But's he's given two conditions: one you work together with Fizz and Tyler to try and stop the attack, two if it becomes clear that the attack can't be halted you cannot stand in Tyler's way. I'm sorry Skylar, but this way we can use Tom's resources to help us, he's still worried about his nephew, we're lucky he even agreed to this. The helicopter will be here in 15 minutes, I'll go back with him, you guys don't need to wait for it."

Animegurl5

"Honestly, I don't understand why nobody around here will trust me... I may be young, but I sure as hell am not stupid." She paused then waved her hand in the air dismissively. "Ya, alright I understand. Can we go?" Her entire personality did a 360, totally different from the way she was before she had left the base. Her attitude had grown cold and you could obviously tell she was ticked off.
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

Lady Jenn

"We can take my car," Fizz said, giving Turk one last check. "Tom's waiting in it anyway. Good luck Petra," she said, giving her a hug before leading Skylar out to where a fancy looking Mercedes was parked with its engine running, Tom sat in the front passenger seat ignoring them. "I'll call Turk on the way, see if he's discovered any more info since we last called him."

Animegurl5

"Yay... another waste of time." She muttered under her breath, sliding into the back and melting into the seat. She merely looked out of the window, resting her chin on her fist.

Lady Jenn

As she started the car she realised she had a message from Tyler, dialling his number urgently.

"I know why they moved her," he said. "They're not moving against the president, although they want us and the CIA to think that's their target."

"So what IS their target?" Morrison said, rousing slightly."

"There's a big UN meeting today," Tyler replied. "The most powerful men and women in the world apart from the president are going to be there, launch a successful attack and..."

"Fuck," Morrison said under his breath. "We don't have time to warn anyone else. We're an hour outside of New York, we'll meet you at the UN building."

Animegurl5

"Shit, no way? Are they serious? There is no way that they could make her do that. They have to be holding something against her.... if only I could think of what." She hissed, poking her head up next to Morrison's. "Fizz, step on it. Who cares if we get the cops on our tail... consider it back up." She shrugged her shoulders, the weight of the gun now seeming ten times greater. She was really worried now.

Lady Jenn

"Tyler, hold your fire when we get there," Fizz said. "The last thing we need is bullets flying around the UN building unless we have no choice," she said as she put her foot down "I don't think she's going to attack using the serum, it'd take too long and run the risk too many could evacuate."

They finally reached the UN building, which was surrounded by a frightened crowd. On its steps were a woman in a long coat and her hands over her head and a man pointing a gun at her, saying something they couldn't hear.

"That's Tyler," Fizz said, "I'd know him anywhere, what the hell is going on."

"Stop," he called out to them. "Fizz, she's rigged with a bomb, we need a bomb disposal team here asap."

"No," the woman said to them. "You don't have time to defuse it. You have to take the shot Tyler...please."

"Fizz, clear the area" Morrison said under his breath. "This thing goes off we need to minimize the casualties as much as possible."

Animegurl5

"Hurry up and take care of evacuation, I'll be right back." With that she litterally flew up the steps to stand beside Tyler. "What the hell happened?" She growled, looking at the bomb with dismay. "What were they thinking? Do you know what they rigged it with? An estimated blast radius?"

Lady Jenn

"Enough to take out at least three levels of this building in one go if she's inside it," Tyler said. "According to her if we even attempt to remove it the thing'll explode. We need to defuse the thing."

"You can't," the woman said. "Damnit Tyler, the thing is wired up to my heartrate. The only way to guarantee the bomb can't explode is to kill me. Why can't you take the shot?"

"Cos you aren't who you say you are," Tyler replied. "You have a sibling here but its not Kayla. Tell her the truth."

"I'm sorry sis...Kayla," the woman said. "He's righ, I'm not your sister. Your parents adopted me after Mandy was killed in a bus accident I was involved in too. We looked so alike they hoped you wouldn't know. My real name is Kira Morrison. I wish I hadn't got to meet my big brother for the first time in years this way," she said as she saw Morrison approach. "Rick, I know this hurts but you have to ignore your emotions, you and I both know what'll happen if Tyler doesn't shoot. Linklater's done this before. Please." She could see the tears in Morrison's eyes, finding his sister again but being faced with losing her almost immediately.

Animegurl5

"Damn, there goes the bargaining chip for the nephew... Whatever, I don't care who you really are. I grew up with you and I can't go on if I were to come this close and then fail." She growled with frustration. "After this I am going to have a chat with my parents, they always thought me too fragile... Fragile my ass, Get everyone evacuated now... How long do we have? I think I might have an idea but I need to think."

Lady Jenn

"She's right," Morrison said, visibly shaking. "We don't have time to defuse it and be sure it won't go off."

"Rick, Kayla, I'm sorry," she said. "But if Tyler doesn't do this hundreds of people, including you two, will be dead and Firebrand will be a step closer to winning. I've been ready for this for a while, I asked Tyler to do this, I didn't think either of you two would be able to take the shot when the time came. Please, for me, let him do what he needs to."

"Make your mind up guys," Tyler said with a slight forecefulness in his voice. "We have three and a half minutes before us and half the UN building and destroyed in one shot."

Animegurl5

"God damnit will you shut up for just a moment? It might be a long shot, but we need to trick the bomb into thinking that she is dead... We need to stop her heart in a way that she can be revived... I say it's a long shot, becuase we need a drug to do that... then we need to remove the bomb and restart her heart. There are alot of risks to that but it's better then shooting her in the head and not giving her a chance at life... There has to be a medic here by now, right? I think I might know how to do this but I need you to trust me." She urged, her mind and body surprisingly calm for the situation.

Lady Jenn

"It won't work," she said. "You're forgetting the serum they injected me with." She moved her coat to reveal the full extent of the bomb, a series of needles poised above it. "You don't have time to disable both armaments, and either way people are going to die. I know you don't want to lose me Skylar but is my life really worth killing hundreds of people for."

"Rick," Fizz called out. "Bomb disposal and medics are too far away, I'm guessing someone made sure we wouldn't have backup on hand. We need to decide quickly before that bomb decides for us."

Animegurl5

"Shit." She muttered, her head beginning to hurt from all the stress. She took a deep breath and then looked straight at the woman she had thought to be her sister. "You of all people should know that I will never give up without a fight, even if the bullies are ten times bigger." She smiled but it was reserved as if she had little energy. "Tyler... if you think about it... this is impossible. The thing is rigged to blow regardless. The serum, if I know anything about it, should keep her heart beating long enough after we shot her if we were to shoot her in the head... if you shot her in the heart it would go into a spasm, most likely setting it off sooner... If we are going to shoot, we have to be sure that everyone... and I do mean everyone is evacuated."

Lady Jenn

"They evacuated as many as they could," Tyler replied. "I realised in enough time what was about to happen to phone ahead and warn to evacuate the building. Anyone they couldn't get out of the building has been moved to what they hope is a safer part of the building. Head or heart she's going to die Skylar, and we're running out of time. If that timer goes below 30 seconds I'm shooting whether you want me to or not, I was sent to stop the attack, not to let it go ahead."

"Skylar, please," the woman said. "I've been ready for this a long time. Besides, I know Morrison will look after you. If he's anything like my mother he's one of the most caring people I know. I may not have seen him in a long time but I can tell he loves you," she said, laughing slightly as Morrison realised he was holding Skylar's hand, but he only released his grip slightly. "You can avenge what they did to me, but right now you have civilians to protect."

Animegurl5

"I know." She stated, falling behind the mask she had perfected to hide when she felt hurt. "I was merely thinking that we have the possibility of triggering the bomb prematurely if we don't aim properly." Skylar sighed, pulling her hand free from Morrison's and extending her hand out in a demand for Tyler's gun. "I have one last question to ask. The serum... Does it cause you pain?"

Lady Jenn

"The first time yes," she said. "It...does things to your immune system, leaves you unable to remember huge chunks of your time under the serum so you can kill people without realising it. It feels horrible when you wake up and realise what you've done."

"If I'm giving you the gun you need to be sure you can pull that trigger," Tyler said.

Animegurl5

"If it's causing her pain then you can be sure I will pull the trigger. I will not be the reason she suffers longer than she must. I love you too much not to end this, and don't worry... I'll watch over Mom and Dad. Have to be sure they take it alright." Sky smiled, not daring to take her eyes off of the woman she had grown up with... For it was the last she would see her beautiful eyes.

Lady Jenn

"I know," she said with a smile. She turned to Morrison. "Rick, while I'm still coherent enough to tell you anything you need to know two things: 1) there's a CD in my pocket, its full of information I've...'borrowed' from Firebrand without their knowledge, there might be something useful on it. 2) there's another bomb in the building, it was intended as back-up in case I failed. Its under the speaker's chair in the main assembly hall but its on a much longer timer, you should have 15 minutes to defuse it yet."

"I'll deal with it," Tyler said. "Fizz, when bomb defusal arrive get them to phone me. I can probably disarm it but if it doesn't work I want the minimum of people in the room when the bomb goes off." Having received a nod he turned back to Kira. "It was an honour to know you Kira, these two are lucky to have had a sister like you."

"I should thank you Tyler," she replied. "I'd have gone mad a long time ago without you there. I would hug you but...y'know, the whole bomb thing I have strapped to me," that comment made both of them giggle slightly. "Good luck," she said, giving him a salute that Tyler returned before running into the building.

Animegurl5

"Do me a favor and watch over my family for me... It seems that my soul was destined for hell." She raised her arm that held the gun, leveling it with her target's chest. "Are you ready?"

Lady Jenn

"You aren't destined for hell," she said with a smile. "You're about to save hundreds, I'd say that's a pretty good deed myself. I'm ready," she said, deciding to look at Tom as she waited. "Goodbye Tom," she said. "I wish I'd had more time to get to know you properly."

Animegurl5

"I hope you find peace, the kind that this world has long forgotten and abandoned. I look forward to seeing you when my time has come to an end. Goodbye." One single tear fell from the corner of her eye as her finger pulled back on the trigger, her ears ringing with the sound of gunfire.

Lady Jenn

As she fell forward Tom caught her, lowering her body to the ground more gently as he saw the timer on the bomb stop with a matter of seconds to go.

"Tom, the med-"

"Its too late," he said, interrupting Fizz. "But we still have another bomb to deal with yet." He was clearly shaken as he cradled his sister's body, tears filling his eyes.