[Closed] [M/M] [Poly] [Mercenaries] [Super Powers] Soldiers of Fortune

Started by Dotley, December 07, 2017, 08:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Intimate Ink

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on December 24, 2017, 11:59:20 AM
Hah my 2nd character concept was essentially Colin Firth from the Kingsman, and a Normal, so almost exactly that. But I think my plate is a bit full right now, so I support your concept 100% :)

And I had suggested making a Q-type to someone who has yet to announce themselves, though they ended up going a different route entirely, so I guess it was in the air. 

Cerevan

Yassss, more Q-types! They can run a control room together and bitch about everyone's poor life choices!

/is making a Q-type, but minus most of the badass Black Widow qualities

hunkaroo

I didn’t realize I had to announce myself!  Consider me announced.

That is all, citizens.

Ryven

This is Oliver.  His character sheet has been sent.  Hopefully everyone will get along with him.

Orange Marmalade

Ryven

Lockepick

Hmm, I wonder what's the largest orgy, or all-male orgy, that's ever been written on Elliquiy before...?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Ryven

Quote from: Lockepick on December 24, 2017, 10:10:30 PM
Hmm, I wonder what's the largest orgy, or all-male orgy, that's ever been written on Elliquiy before...?

Are we going for a record or something?

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Ryven on December 24, 2017, 10:08:42 PM
O rly?

Rly.

Quote from: Lockepick on December 24, 2017, 10:10:30 PM

No idea, though as hot as it would be I can only imagine how slowly it would move :)

Lockepick

Well, that wasn't the original goal, but we mind as well...
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Ryven

Dotley

Simmer down, boys  ;)

For those of you awaiting a GM response on a character sheet please be patient for another day or two as we work on getting back to you. The holiday madness is upon us!
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

SithLordOfSnark

Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

Dotley

Heya! We're no longer actively recruiting at the moment, but we won't turn away new interest. We'll still accept character sheets from peeps that are interested in joining us. The game hasn't quite launched just yet. But we're almost there! Feel free to PM a character sheet or any questions to myself and Ouroboros if you'd like in on the mercenary shenanigans  :-)
O&O's || A&A's

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Dotley on January 02, 2018, 05:24:44 PM
Heya! We're no longer actively recruiting at the moment, but we won't turn away new interest. We'll still accept character sheets from peeps that are interested in joining us. The game hasn't quite launched just yet. But we're almost there! Feel free to PM a character sheet or any questions to myself and Ouroboros if you'd like in on the mercenary shenanigans  :-)

I'll come up with something as soon as I can. :)
Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

HockeyGod

I'm quite keen on this RP, but see that you have jumped into things. Is it possible to lurk and join with the next "mission"?

Dotley

Hiya! If you'd like to get into the story now there's still time to introduce your character and be involved in the first operation  :-)
O&O's || A&A's

HockeyGod

Quote from: Dotley on January 19, 2018, 07:13:22 PM
Hiya! If you'd like to get into the story now there's still time to introduce your character and be involved in the first operation  :-)

Ack! Panics! Um...sure...I haven't even thought through a character at this point. Is there any skill or talent/power that is particularly lacking. I'm flexible in developing and playing anything.

I noticed a significant lack of hair color. Lots of brunettes in the bunch  ::)

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: HockeyGod on January 19, 2018, 07:16:29 PM
I noticed a significant lack of hair color. Lots of brunettes in the bunch  ::)

Sebastian does need a pet ginger...

Dotley

There's no particular skill set or power presentation that is particularly lacking. Really, we're only a bit full up on medics/corpsmen skill wise (since we have two) and then for powers we've got quite a few Controllers and Handlers. Those are the only character traits I'd suggest against. Other then that it's really writer's choice!

Yeah the brunet boys proved quite popular 8-)
O&O's || A&A's

HockeyGod

I did a quick analysis and found the numbers of powers at primary/secondary:

Watcher: 4/1
Protector: 3/4
Striker: 2/3
Handler: 2/1
Controller: 1/3
Shifter: 2/1
Mover: 3/2
Trainer: 2/1

I noticed that there is the option of up to two characters. I would just submit one initially to be sure I fit with the group play and such.

Two options:
1) What about a Controller/Handler that is a little off his rocker? Or has a sadistic streak that might be problematic? He has no moral compass and often has to be told to pull back. I could play it very carefully and not go over the line.
2) It seems like there are quite a few alpha dogs on the team and #1 might just add more to that imbalance. So...I could also do a Controller/Handler that is a bit of a pacifist. Someone that is really good at what he does, but he hates that he does it. He was forced to do it out of some kind of loyalty or family obligation. As such, he wouldn't be aggressive and could be more malleable by more dominate characters. He also could serve as a moral compass at times.

If either float your boat, I can start on character creation.

Hmmm...now that I read your response you might have too many controllers and handlers. So...other options...

I could do #2 above only make him a shifter.

I could do #1 above and make him a striker/protector.

Dotley

Quote from: HockeyGod on January 19, 2018, 07:35:14 PMI noticed that there is the option of up to two characters. I would just submit one initially to be sure I fit with the group play and such.

This is correct! Two characters maximum, but if you just want to run with one to start off with that's perfectly fine. There's always the option down the road of playing a second character.

Quote from: HockeyGod on January 19, 2018, 07:35:14 PMHmmm...now that I read your response you might have too many controllers and handlers. So...other options...

Yeah, the controller and handler presentations are still the only ones I'd advise against. However, more strikers and protectors would certainly be welcomed!  :-)

As for the pacifist/moral compass type of character - as noted in the character creation guide all characters need to sit somewhere on the grey side of the morality scale. With PMC work being what it is the squad is going to find themselves in plenty of ethically questionable and legally dubious situations. (And some missions will inevitably just outright break all the Geneva Conventions oops).

A character that can actually turn off their moral compass while on the job will probably fare much better than one that struggles to do so. All characters also need to be able to cover a sector or take on patrol duty so firearm knowledge is a necessity. A pacifist wouldn't really work out due to that.
O&O's || A&A's

Ouroboros

Hey! Just chiming in to add a bit more. Since this is a private military company, there's definitely a need for Strikers and Protectors, and Watchers to a lesser degree, since they will be engaging in highly strenuous physical activities during the course of their contract. While we certainly don't begrudge the desire to play Controllers and Handlers, we have plenty on the squad already, and there is always room for more Empowered with physical presentations.

Also, yeah, knowing what we have planned - while moral quandaries are OK, a pacifist would not be hired to work for Merriweather, and if they did make it through the hiring process, once they hit the field they would quickly find themselves... terminated.
Semi-Relevant Information
wants and needs | apologies and absences  | ons and offs

Xunthrae

Hope I'm not too late for this!

Mathias Douglas
Name: Mathias Douglas
Nicknames: His family affectionately calls him Doolittle, but he does not like it.
Aliases: N/A

Date of Birth: May 22
Bloodtype: O+
Country of Origin: United States, California
Current Citizenship: United Staes

Height: 5'10
Hair: Short and Brown
Eyes: Blue
Body Type: Lithe and looks to be built for speed and endurance.
Distinguishing Features: His eyes seems to sometimes catch the light and reflect it back, much like a cat's. He also has a tattoo of wolf tracks going up the left side of his back in simple black ink.

Primary Presentation: Trainer
Secondary Presentation: Watcher
Power Analysis: His capabilities as a trainer are impressive. His knowledge of animal behavior and capabilities has increased his effectiveness at commanding small groups of animals. The training he received from the United States military was thorough, and during his 11 years as part of the military he proved quite adept at controlling avians and mammals, with limited success with reptiles.

His capabilities as a watcher are much less developed. He has enhanced eye sight, giving him more accurate vision at a distance as well as enhanced night vision, smell, hearing has increased by quite a bit and a minor increase in his sense of touch. His hearing is acute, and for him to attend a concert or go to any place that is loud, he usually takes some baseline before hand otherwise the sounds might become overwhelming. . Although he tries to avoid it.

Education: High School, Two years of College in San Diego for Zoology, but dropped out due to pressures from his father to join the SEALS like he did.
Employment History: San Diego Zoo for 1 and a half years, United States Navy SEALS for 11 years.
Special Skills: Recon, tracking, survival skills, as well as a large knowledge about animals and their behaviors. There's no one else you'd rather have while lost in the wild.
Languages: English, Spanish, and Arabic

Hobbies & Interests: Spending time in nature, camping, hiking, spending time with almost any kind of animal. He secretly loves to sing, and is actually quite good at it, but he likes to keep it to himself. Dancing

Motivation: He wants to learn more about his own capabilities as an Empowered, and the money is fantastic.
Personality: Mathias at his heart, wants to help people. There is a kindness in him that sometimes makes doing his job tough and leave a bad taste in his mouth, but he always gets the job done. If his father taught him one thing, it's that. He

Relationship Status: Single and always ready to mingle
Sexuality: Gay, he likes strong men, and in his line of work there are usually plenty of them.

Developed Relationships:

Additional Images
Player Name:Xunthrae
Face Claim:Justice Joslin

Dotley

Hiya Xunthrae! Would you please PM your character profile to both myself and Ouroboros? Thank you  :-)
O&O's || A&A's