News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Online Community for Transfolk Needed

Started by Star Safyre, February 18, 2012, 10:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Star Safyre

Hi, helpful E-peeps!

I've a very good friend who is transgendered and in need of an online community of transpersons and trans-friendly, well, friends and understanding ears.  I've pointed her at E, but online RP isn't her thing at the moment.  Can anyone recommend a social community that's friendly and knowledge/accepting of the trans experience?

Thanks!
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Ryven

I have a very good friend who is MtF transgendered.  I've asked her for advice on this and am currently waiting on her reply.  I will post here what I find out from her. :-)

Star Safyre

My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

HockeyGod

My transgender colleagues have always found Laura's Playground to be a good site that has links to online communities including an online chat room and support groups.

http://www.lauras-playground.com/

Ryven

My friend has gotten back to me, and she has suggested this website: http://www.tsroadmap.com/index.html.  She said it was an okay place to start, but the best thing for her to do is to talk to a trans person her own age.  She has also offered help and wont mind talking to someone who is just starting.  Let me know, and I can put her in contact with you.

Brandon

Unfortunately I dont have another site I could recommend but I felt it worthwhile to note that if your friend has any kind of literary interest Elliquiy is still a great place for them. While we mostly focus on Roleplay theres also room for them to write short stories, poetry, and blog. Thats not even mentioning the Transgender friendly community. Theres also the fact that they may eventually grow to enjoy roleplay and if that happens they would definately find a place here.

If your friend has no literary interests at all, well yeah in that case Ive got nothing except to say I hope they find what they're looking for
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

DarklingAlice

There is a lot of great info available through Laura's Playground, but the main site is really poorly designed and I keep having the frustrating experience of running into dead resource links (usually the ones that sound the most helpful and interesting <_<). Now, their forums might be a different story, I'll have to check them out.

I unfortunately don't have another resource to recommend. I wasn't really involved in many online communities before E but I will poke around and ask a few people. It's a shame I can't think of another community like E: trans-friendly but with a broader purpose. I sometimes worry that insular communities can lead to an unhealthy homogenization of perspective.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.