Ties that Bind(Sweet and Psycho)

Started by SweetSerenade, April 10, 2013, 03:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetSerenade

Though the day was sunny, not all was well in the village of Konoha. Near the Academy, a young girl was weeping. Her body covered in cuts and scrapes, from a recent tussle with a few of the older Shinobi class. The young girl, who was known as 'The Cursed Kururugi'. Reviled by her own clan, tormented by others, she was not even eight years old. Her own clan didn't want her, being the only female born since before the creation of Konoha, it came with a stigma -being a female Kururugi - that branded the girl as a 'monster' to her clan. This young girl, not even eight years old, had been tormented from the moment she could speak. She was a happy girl, most of the time, and tried to bring that happiness to others.

But this session of bullying had been particularly brutal. She had been dragged by her hair, and beaten down by a few of the other students. Kids often do this, it's what children do. It's just in their nature, bullying happens on a daily basis - and adults just turn a blind eye to it  - no one really does anything about it. But someone should, someone should change that. The actions taken against youth, were ridiculous. Especially in a world already torn by war, in a world that needed people to have unity. In a world that needed a strong Will of Fire.

Chika Kururugi, an academy student, was curled up beneath the tree outside of the academy. Tears coursed down her pale face, as she used her hands to scrub at the the tears away. She sniffled as she did this, and tried her best to hide her pain. Her red hair, had fallen from it's braid, and was falling around her like a cascade of blood. Dark crimson at the roots, and a pale pinkish-white at the tips. The hair was straight, and a color that people rarely saw outside of the Kururugis and the Uzumakis. It was rumored the Kururugis were far off cousins of the Uzumakis. Her eyes were green, pale, like ice. Her eyes were closed, as she cried and curled up into a tighter ball.

"I hate this stupid village, the stupid people! I don't want to live anymore, I don't want to be in this stupid place. I don't want to be a monster..." The small child whimpered out as she buried her face in her knees. She shook like a leaf in a breeze, as she started to rock back and forth. She wanted to be a boy, because at least then no one would think her talents were freakish. She was rather skilled at her Kekkei Genkai, even as a small child. Many knew of the Kururugi's, even though their numbers had been declining over the years. Their Kekkei Genkai afforded them a control over blood, a control that was marvelous and terrifying, a control that made them amazing assassins and medical shinobi.

This little girl was the prodigy of her family, but due to her gender she had been reviled and pushed down since the moment of her birth.

This was Chika Kururugi, and she is 'The Cursed Kururugi'.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Psycho Serenity

Kushina had been taking a walk that morning, rather enjoying the sunshine and fresh air that the village had to offer. She had a few people looking at her, especially considering who she was. The wife of the Hokage, not someone people see all the time since she was usually with him, helping him with big issues or simply being there to support him. On occasion however, she did like to wander and be with the people. Besides, this was her home, what good would come with being cooped up in the same building all the time?

It was during this walk that she heard a small voice, seemingly speaking through tears of anger or pain. Kushina paused, blinking curiously. The words were similar to the way she'd thought when she'd first arrived to the village as well. Instantly she felt sympathy, she could understand whatever mood this child was in. She turned and began to follow the voice, eventually finding a young girl crouched on the ground, the shade from the tree outside the academy making her hair appear darker than it really was. When Kushina noticed the colour though, it brought a smile to her face. Another similarity. It almost appeared like she was looking at a younger version of herself.

Kneeling down in front of the girl, Kushina reached forward and placed a gentle hand on the girls' shoulder. "Hey now, we're not all bad are we?" She asked, leaning down to try to look at the girl. She knew that the girls' thoughts were likely narrowed, by the looks of it, she had recently been in a fight of somesort, and Kushina could bet that it was with the students. Kids tended to be narrow minded, they would look at something different and try and drive it away, usually due to fear, and at times that would spread through to adults too. However, Kushina also knew many people that would look passed all that. This girl said she hated everything in the village, but she hadn't met them all, just a small handful.
Life won't ever be perfect, there will always be hurt...

So stand up and make a difference, provide light in a dark life.

You never know just how far the rays will reach.

SweetSerenade

Chika stiffened at the sound of a voice speaking to her, she had been approached by adults before - who had pretended to be nice. But it was all a ruse, they had been just as cruel as the children. Her icy green eyes locked on to the woman crouched above her, and instant recognition flared. Chika stared up at the wife of the Hokage, Kushina Uzumaki. "The adults are just as bad as the kids. The Hokage is the worst... He doesn't stop people from treating others like this." She said, venom in her voice. Was this a new game? A new person trying to destroy her? You could only kick a dog so much before it bit back.

Chika shifted a little, her right hand making a few signs as chakra flared in her palm. She slowly ran it over her arm, healing up a few of the injuries. Children were not supposed to be able to perform jutsus, but Chika should have already graduated from the academy. Her mother and father, had been training her since the moment she was born. She was a prodigy, but her stigma was what withheld her from rising in the ranks of shinobi. Seven years old, almost eight, and she could use her kekkei genkai to heal her own injuries.

"You're all stupid... you look passed these things... I don't know why you are talking to me. You're probably just going to hurt me too..." She whispered. Her head tucking down, as she shook. The tears coming again. "Why not... I'm nothing but a freak."

Psycho Serenity

Kushina blinked in surprise when the young child said that about her husband. "He does his best, but he's sometimes busy trying to keep the village safe." she said softly, tilting her head to the side a bit and watching the girl heal herself. Kushina knew she shouldn't have been using jutsu, but the redhead brushed it off for now. "Why would I hurt you?" she asked softly, brushing some of the girls hair back from her face. 

"You know, there was a time when I was in the exact place you are now" She said softly, leaning back so she was sitting cross legged on the ground before the girls. "I was seen as some weird kid, an outsider. Wherever you are though, you can always find something good, even if someone has to point it out to you" She said, putting a finger to her lips slightly. "I got picked on a lot too in the academy. But, over time I got a few friends who looked passed the faults I had, and now I'm living a life I'd only ever dreamed of. You are only a freak if you let people call you such and you believe it as well. You can't let them force you to believe their lies"

Kushina pulled her hand back and put them in her lap. "I think your power is amazing. People might see it as a bad thing, but you'll only prove them right if you choose to go down that path. You have the potential to do horrible things, but also the potential to do amazing things as well. You have a choice, you can decide which path you take, and during that choice you can prove yourself to everyone"

SweetSerenade

"They think I'm going to end up like her." Chika whispered, flinching away from the woman's touch. She was confused, scared of herself and the world around her. She hated her hair being touched, as that was the thing that was picked on the most. The bright red hair, she was the only girl in the village with it, other than the hokage's wife. The kids called her a freak, tormented her by pulling it... some tried to cut it... it changed day to day. "They think I'll end up like the last female Kururugi..." She whispered as she buried her face in her knees.

"Hotaru, loved Madara... when he was killed by the First... she went insane... she turned into a monster of blood and death..." Chika said as she wrapped her arms around her knees a bit tighter. She was rocking now, as she squeezed her eyes shut. "I can do things... people shouldn't do... hear things... the songs of people... in my head. I hear the whispers of the voices of their blood..." She whispered. It was a strange thing for a small child to say, to be so truly afraid of herself...

"I don't want my hair, I don't want my powers... I want to be a boy, because then I wouldn't be a freak..."

Psycho Serenity

"Well, then all the more reason to prove them wrong. You aren't her, you're the person you want to me" She said softly, knowing that the girl was having a hard time with trusting herself. "Maybe you're different, and you can do and hear things others don't, but that doesn't make you something to be scared of" she said, tilting her head slightly and smiling to her.

"You should be proud of who you are, no matter what. And for the record, I love you hair" She said, smiling softly. "I hated mine for a long time too, kids used to call me a tomato" she said, wrinkling her nose slightly. "But, I found someone special who loved me for me." She said simply, shrugging her shoulders.

After a moment of silence, Kushina got to her feet and offered a hand. "Hey, it's getting a bit dark and I have a feeling you haven't eaten lately. Want to come get some food with me? I'll pay." She said, hoping to lighten the girls mood a bit. "Promise, there's no string attached"

SweetSerenade

Chika just stared up at the woman, she was shocked and confused. But she stood up, and took the woman's hand. There was something different about her, it didn't help that chika could hear two blood songs. "Mam, why do you have two songs of blood... inside you?" Chika asked as she walked with the woman. "It's not the same as if someone was carrying a baby... the other song is full of fire and hatred..." She said softly. There was some things her parents kept from her, even though she was an intelligent child. Many her age didn't understand the concept of demons, or what they were like.

Chika had accepted the woman's hand of friendship, and she was hungry. It was too late to get home yet, mom and dad would have gone out for their nightly errands. Chika wasn't big enough yet to unlock the house. It was obvious that her size was something that would remain tiny, even at such a young age. She was seven and there was four year olds bigger than her. But she wouldn't let that effect who she was, or who she would become.

"If I wasn't a freak... why won't they let me graduate?" She asked lightly. "I've been in the academy since I was four...."

Psycho Serenity

Kushina blinked curiously as she looked at the girl and walked through the village, holding her hand gently. She smiled slightly and let out a small smile. "Well..." She began, wondering how to explain it to her while still having it make sense. "I share this body, I suppose. There's a creature, a demon that's sealed inside of me. It's part of the reason I was looked down upon by a few people in the village. Like you, it has the potential to make me someone very dangerous, but I choose not to use that power" She said, continuing to walk as she glanced to the sky. "That's probably what you're sensing, the creature even has it's own chakra line that I can tap into if I want"

Hearing her other question, Kushina rose an eyebrow curiously. The girl seemed upset about graduating, which meant she had the belief she should be good enough to graduate at her young age. "Well, there's a few different things I can think of. Either, they feel you're too young to leave the academy life and start on missions, or information has been hidden from the hokage or sensei in charge" She explained, wondering if she was really strong enough to have graduated at such a young age.

SweetSerenade

"It burns, the other blood. I sense the way chakra is in blood. It changes people, I can feel when they change." Chika said as she walked with the woman. Her eyes focused on the road, for a child she was extremely alert. Her head turned just barely, as she looked up at Kushina. "But you have the Hokage, the Namikaze... he... loves you." Chika said as her head turned, and she stared ahead again. There seemed to be something there, sad and lonely. Inside of the little girl was something that was lost. She wanted to feel like she belonged.

"I always pass the tests, I've passed them every single year. They won't let me graduate, because they are afraid." Chika said firmly, looking ahead. She looked up at Kushina now, even as they walked. "They are afraid of me, and what I can do. They don't want me to become a Genin. The Elders of my family are trying to fight me being in the Academy..." She said softly.

Psycho Serenity

Kushina listened intently before slowly nodding her head. "Well, I can always bring it up to Minato. I'm sure if he finds out, he'll look into it and you might be able to graduate this time around." She said, smiling to the young girl before she stopped right outside of the ramen shop. Kneeling down to be level with the girl, she placed her hands on her arms, smiling up at the ice like eyes. She could see the pain and loneliness in her eyes.

"Before we eat, mind telling me what's wrong? I can tell you're sad, you look just like I did when I first came here" she said softly, tilting her head to the side slightly. "You can't be so lonely can you? You have your family to take care of you" She said, wondering what her home life was like.

SweetSerenade

Chika watched the woman crouch down, Chika took a moment to look up at the ramen shop owner. There was a sad smile on the little girls face, but she turned back to Kushina. The woman treated her like an equal, not as a silly child. "I'm... I have  family. But my clan doesn't want me. Mom and dad had to fight to keep them from killing me when I was born. " She said in a shaking voice. That was the brutal truth behind it, she was a child that her clan didn't want.

"Dad's busy working, and mom is busy working... they don't have a lot of time for me. When they do... it's just to train me..." She whispered as she looked away. A small sad smile on her face. She turned to look at the woman again, the sadness on her face. "I never really felt like anyone wanted me..."

Psycho Serenity

"Hmm" Kushina said softly, glancing to the ground and tapping a finger to her lips. "I was taken from my home because of the force you sense inside of me, I know how it feels not to have much of a family." She explained before she looked to her and grinned "How about this. Whenever you want, you can come to see me and the Hokage, whether it's for a favor, if you're in trouble, or even if you're just feeling lonely. We'd be happy to have visitors" She said, standing back to her feet.

"For now though, let's get something to eat, I'm starving" She said, leading her inside and slipping up onto one of the stools and ordering herself some ramen before looking to her. "I hope you like this, I guess I kind of didn't ask" She said, scratching the back of her head and chuckling slightly. "I guess it's just kind of my default place for food"

SweetSerenade

Chika pulled herself up into the chair, even though it was a bit difficult for someone of her height. She stopped, listening to the woman speak. It was a large thing, for someone like her, to hear a woman like that - offer a promise like that. Her eyes lit up, true joy shining in the depths of her eyes. "Oh! I'd absolutely love that." Chika found herself responding, before she blushed darkly. Then turned towards the Ramen shop owner. Her stomach growled, and the small red haired girl blushed darkly.

"Beef Ramen please, with naruto fish cakes?" She asked weakly, looking over towards Kushina to make sure it was ok. She was a little nervous, as this was the first time she had eaten at the ramen shop - without her mother and father. They were going to be so angry, but ... they couldn't be angry at her! Because she had been with the Hokage's wife. Which made everything instantly ok, any family should be honored that Kushina-sama was giving special attention to their child.

Psycho Serenity

Kushina smiled when she saw the girl give her a happy face. Sighing softly, she heard the questioning tone as the girl ordered her food. Smiling at her, Kushina looked to the ramen shop owner and nodded her head. "I think that's it" She said, giving him permission to give the girl what she'd wanted. As he started off to make their food, she looked over to her and rose an eyebrow.

"So, I'm curious Chika" She said softly, tilting her head to the side a bit "What's your dream? What do you... Really want to do with your life?" She asked, propping her head up on her hands, putting her elbows on the counter.

SweetSerenade

Chika gave the woman her undivided attention. She was asked what she wanted to do with her life, and Chika had that answer. Even at such a young age, she looked ahead of herself - a serious and rather adult look overcame her features. "I want to become the highest medical shinobi this village will ever know. I want to use my Kekkei Genkai, to save lives. I want to help people. I want to... I want to be seen... not as a monster or a freak - but as an extremely talented Kunoichi." The tiny female said as she picked up her chopsticks, rubbing the wooden sides against each other as she thought.

"I want to bring peace, I want there to be true peace. No more fighting, no more need for sacrifice - just to keep villages balanced. I want people to be truly happy."

Psycho Serenity

"Well, that's a very wonderful wish" She said, smiling up at her and nodding her head. "I promise I'll do my best to help you realize it" She added, wanting the same thing to be honest. This child deserved more than this, deserved to have people see her as a hero more than a demon or something. "For now we'll eat. Little steps at a time and we'll get there"

Shortly after, their ramen arrived and she grinned happily, handing Chika her chopsticks before getting her own. Breaking them and rubbing them together, she let out a happy sigh and started to dig in happily.

SweetSerenade

Chika smiled weakly at the woman, the woman who was treating her so well. She had never had someone treat her like this, not even her own parents. Oh, she knew they loved her, but they also loved this village and their jobs - much more than her. Chika watched the food arrive, she whispered a soft thank you and began eating. Her hands were shaking a little as she did, but she was feeling a little dizzy from her use of chakra. It was just a cost of her bloodline. Between waking up at 4am every morning, and not sleeping till 11pm, she had a grueling training regimen.

This training schedule, is what made her so talented. It was also what gave her such a control over her bloodline. She was pushed harder than any other Kururugi child, in an attempt to keep her from giving into the whispers of power in her bloodline. She was more at risk, than any of the others. She had to remember this, she had to live this fact, every single day.

Psycho Serenity

Kushina glanced over to the young child and smiled softly, glad to see her enjoying the ramen. "I hope you like it" She said softly as she continued to eat, smiling happily as she slurped and shoveled ramen into her mouth. As she finished the last of it, she let out a happy sigh and put her chopsticks across the bowl.

"Mmm" She said, rubbing her stomach happily as she leaned back. Her eyes wandered over to the girl, smiling softly. The poor child, with such a hard childhood, reminded her of herself so much. She wanted to help her so badly at this point.

SweetSerenade

Chika enjoyed eating ramen, when she had the chances to do so. She didn't go out eating often, unless her parents were there, and often ate at home. She ate in silence, using manners usually not seen in a child of her age. She was quiet, polite, and not messy. She finished eating, and put her chopsticks down, picking up the bowl with both hands and slowly sipping the broth. Her eyes closed as she cherished this amazing meal. It was just ramen, but a meal is about more then just what you are eating, it's about the company you have with you.

When she was finished she set the bowl down, and smiled up at the woman who had been so kind. "Thank you... Kushina-sama." Chika said as she bowed her head. "I should go get to training... Mother and Father expect me to train... until they get him. Then I can go to bed." She said lightly as she moved to drop off of the stool.

Psycho Serenity

"Alright" Kushina said, calling out to the store owner that she was finished and he could collect the bowls. She put down her money to pay for both and got to her feet. "Here, I'll walk you home" she said, smiling to her as she walked out of the store and waited patiently for the child. She thought back to what Minato had said earlier about her having her own team.

The child, she was so like she had been. She had a lot of potential, and needed someone to be there as a friend and mentor. Maybe she'd bring it up to Mianto, the child deserved to graduate, regardless of what others thought. It wasn't fair to her.

SweetSerenade

Chika stopped, her body going tense. She didn't know if Kushina walking her home was a good idea. Her clan might react to it badly, and no one would let her in anyways. She didn't want to have Kushina see how long she was training for. It might bother the woman. Chika knew that her training wasn't common for many children in the shinobi culture. She smiled weakly and drew in a breath. "ok... " She said finally. She started to walk, her hands folded in the sleeves of her training kimono.

"I don't get to go home, until mother and father are back. So I tend to train till about midnight." She admitted as her head tucked down. The sadness spreading across her face. She had nothing going on in her life, she wasn't like other children. There was no parties, no birthdays, no sleepovers with others.

Psycho Serenity

"Midnight?" Kushina asked in surprise, raising an eyebrow slightly. "That's quite a long time to train, if you work yourself too hard you're going to get yourself sick" She said softly, knowing that the strain from all the training could end up damaging her. "If you want then I could come along and keep you company, or I could bring you to meet Minato, maybe you could talk to him about you graduating, I'm sure he'd love to meet you" She said, wanting her to have some kind of break from all the training.

SweetSerenade

"My parents do not return till then. If I had not been attacked at school, I would have been in early enough to be let into my home." Chika said quietly as she walked, her hands folded against each other, a pensive look on that young face. She was much older inside than she was outside. It was sad, sometimes, for adults that watched - and actually cared. Not many were that way though, which was the true sadness of it all. People didn't really care that often anymore. She chewed on her lip, as things were spoken.

"I have to train for at least four hours, I usually train till midnight - because that's when they return. It makes me strong, makes me able to last through elements. But If... you wish to introduce me to your husband, I'm... willing to meet him." She said as politely as she could. It was as close as she could get to please... take me home with me. Show me what a real family is like.

Psycho Serenity

"Well, while training is good, and essential. Sometimes you need to take a break. Too much will do more harm than good" She said, smiling to the girl and beginning to lead her home. "I'm sure he'd be happy to meet you, he's always interested in meeting the people of his village" She said softly, ruffling the girls hair playfully.

As she walked, she glanced down to the girl. She was so mature, forced to grow up far too fast in order to keep those around her happy and protect herself. It was sad, something Kushina wouldn't wish on any child. Kids were supposed to have fun, to have big dreams to aspire to and a huge circle of friends. This girl was deprived of so much of it though, and the thought made her frown slightly.

Shaking her head slightly, she looked ahead again, seeing them arrive at her place. Pushing the door open, she stepped inside and smiled back at her "Come on in." She said, holding the door open for her.

SweetSerenade

"If I do not train, for at least four hours a day... I have to make up for it later. The manipulation of blood, is not an easy kekkei genkai. I have to practice more than anyone else in the clan... because I have more to live up to." Chika said calmly as she walked with the Hokage's wife. She was nervous, when she realized they had stopped walking towards the place her house was. She realized where they were walking, and suddenly she seemed to fold into her own mind. She went from the rather outspoken and mature girl child - to a shy and inward young girl.

She wasn't used to being around the Hokage, much less in his home. She bit her lip, looking up towards Kushina now. Worried about what would happen. The door opened, and Chika pulled off her shoes as she entered their home. "Is he home?" She asked in a nervous voice.