Bring out the Jethro Tull fans!

Started by toysintheattic, October 28, 2010, 06:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toysintheattic

Any out there? I know it's quite an odd band, but that's the whole reason I made a thread about it!
I'm willing to bet that's there's never been a Tull thread on E before, and we need to get together, folks!
Everyone needs a little Ian Anderson in their life!
Oh, & if you've never heard of Jethro Tull before, or if you've only ever heard Aqualung, if you're interested, I'll recommend some good ones for you. :)
Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.

How to play with toys.

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

Archivist

Where else can you get epic flute solos. I loved Locomotive Breath.

Ons and Offs
RP Ideas

Hiraku kagi wa kitto kimi ni te no naka

Oniya

I still think they should go on tour co-headlining with Kansas.  Flute and violin!

Ever heard Beltane?  It's a hard one to find.

'Beltane' ~ Jethro Tull

(Apparently, there's an Internet Rule about declaring things hard to find resulting in actually finding them.  Just not sure what number it is.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Don't forget they are the only group to win a Grammy for Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance Vocal or Instrumental.

toysintheattic

Locomotive Breath is a flippin' classic. I don't think I've ever heard Beltane, though. I just knew if I started this thread someone would bust out with a Tull song I've never heard.

I might have to post some link or vids soon, start sharing the love!

How to play with toys.

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

Callie Del Noire

Jeeze.. they have been together forever, it is likely there is a LOT of Tull you haven't heard.

I figure that my favorite is Beast and the Broadsword

toysintheattic

Hell yes, another one I've never heard before. I've never really thought about it before, but there probably is a lot I haven't heard!

Anyone heard Mother Goose? Of course Skating Away....The Whistler...

How to play with toys.

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

DiverseDesires

I love tons  - and some of his lyrics, Like Thick as a Brick are just wonderful.

This one tickles my sense of humor (As do so many of his) - and anyone who knows me will know VERY well why!   ;D

Jethro Tull: Hunting Girl (02/10/1977)

"The imagination is the spur of delights… all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" ~Marquis de Sade~

Imaginings  ~  Desirables  ~  Wilful Words  ~  Diary - A/A  Updated September 15th

Tambit

Heavy Horses is one of my favorite albums of all time...

toysintheattic

Alright Jethro Tull fans, let's get this thread kickin'.
How about posting some of your favorite lyrics or excerpts from some Tull songs?
You can say a bit about why you like them or what they might mean to, any detail you'd like to include.

How to play with toys.

IMPORTANT NOTICE!