[Bliss Blog] - Start at the Very Beginning

Started by Bliss, November 10, 2009, 01:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliss

Two years, six months, nine days, and a little less than an hour – that’s how long it has taken me to get to this, my 25,000th post.

I like numbers. I like patterns, I like puzzles, I like milestones. This isn’t news to anybody who has known me for any length of time – just look at the Off Topic thread and you’ll see I was the one who started Round Numbers. It delights me when things fit. In my offline life, I’m far from being a “place for everything and everything in its place” kind of girl, but on the internet all we have are words and numbers, pictures and folders. Things have to be organized. Things have to fit.

If you had told me the day that I found Elliquiy, that I would still be year this much later, I would have laughed at you. If you had further told me that I would have become part of the administration, and a hugely recognizable name on the site, I would have told you that you were nuts. I know me. I know my habits. I know that, at the time, I was looking for someplace to roleplay during the downtime of the job I had at the time, that wasn’t quite as transient and difficult to keep track of as IM chats or Yahoo groups.

I found that here, and I found much, much more. Just now, I went and looked at my introduction post. So much has changed since I joined; my hard limits have stretched far from where I began, and I have a much more fluid view of my own sexuality. I’ve grown more confident as a woman, as a writer, as a gamer. I’ve been published. I’ve made some deep and long-lasting connections, some of which, in spite of the ravages of time and distance, make me care no less for those who have become dear to me than if they were here in this very room with me.

In Elliquiy, I found a place to roleplay, and so much more. I found friendships beyond my wildest imagining. I have found that I can write things that people want to read – even things that people will pay me for. I have found in myself the ability to craft images, scenes, and stories that touch people on instinctive and visceral levels, frightening, arousing, sometimes both at once.

I have found a place where I can discuss the ins and outs of sexuality, of literary critique, and whether Bruce Willis or Bruce Campbell would be more fun in bed (give me both, and toss in Miracle Laurie for good measure!) – I have found a place where, when life goes sour on me and I feel lost, there are people who have never seen my face who are more than ready and willing to give me advice if I want it, or a hug if I don’t. Sometimes simply popping onto the site to say hello can change the flow of my entire day.

May 1, 2007, I would have laughed and you and called you crazy…. But two and a half years, and 25,000 posts later, I cannot deny it. I have found a place where I fit. I wanted to use this post to go through the people that I have met, to tell each of you what you mean to me, and to thank you for how you’ve contributed to my life, but I simply can’t. There are so many of you, and some of you are no longer here.

25,000 posts worth of words, and the two that I feel more fully than anything else seem too small, too inadequate, and yet they are the only thing that I can say to everyone here.

Thank you, Elliquiy.

Elliquiy is that singular epiphany you get when you have your first, true orgasm, and you realize that every single one that came before it was but a pale shadow of the real thing.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Bliss

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Butterflykiss

Uh-mayzing~!

Congratulations. You're a big part in making this place so wonderful.  ;)

xoxo,
Butterfly

Bliss

My contribution is a pale reflection of the hope and happiness I find in being able to be part of this community.

:)
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Wistful Dream

~hugs and kisses~ I can't imagine this site without you Miss Divine, and Butterfly is right, for me it wouldn't quiet be E without you around. Congrats on your post and know you are adored ♥

Bliss

I have found that even with people who were integral to my experience of the site gone, it continues on. Never completely the same, but the root of it is still here.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Will

I feel fortunate to have met you, Bliss.  Congratulations on 25,000 posts.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Bliss

Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Paradox

Although we're mutually responsible for taking a long time to post, I love our game together; also, I love our PMs, IM conversations, and hot sexings texts. It's been fun, Bliss. You've become an integral part of Elliquiy, at least as far as my Elliquian experience is concerned, and I look forward to our continued intercourse discourse!

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Marguerite

-Feels her womanly bits throb to read Bliss' post-

I am lucky to have become your friend and even having you as my fluffer considering I never thought we would be friends. To me, you were someone I should nod in respect and be careful not to have my hands removed. Nonetheless, I am glad for our conversations and the teasing comments thrown back and forth. I am blessed you enjoy yourself here on Elliquiy and the day you decide to leave (which I will stab two spikes into your hands to keep you posted at your computer to stop you), Elliquiy will become a very dark day darling.

-Hugs-
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Mithlomwen

Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Bliss

Paradox: Likewise, I love your conversations. Even the drunk ones. Even when you're being a total tool. I look forward to many more conversations - and perhaps, someday, another post in our game! ;)

Marguerite: May such a day never come. Even if the spikes are kind of enticing but not really, because they'd bust up the keyboard!

Mith: *mwah!* Thanks, doll!
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3