What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on November 06, 2010, 10:12:45 AM
Geez, never moving past the 50's... being called 'sport' just one pisses me off xD
Okay slick.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Just watched the portal Co-Op Trailer...Can't wait!

Oniya

Quote from: Inkidu on November 06, 2010, 10:08:04 AM
Actually I read the Fallout wiki and it says in the Fallout universe that the world never moved past the culture of the 50s. Yes more advanced, but it's nothing cyclical. So I don't think it's a fear of nukes, I think it's a lack of hippies.

Maybe the lack of hippies was because people weren't afraid of nukes - which in turn led to nuclear war, and post apoc.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on November 06, 2010, 11:10:51 AM
Maybe the lack of hippies was because people weren't afraid of nukes - which in turn led to nuclear war, and post apoc.
Actually it came down to resources. 2077 so that's a good chunk to go without mutually assured boom-boom. America has annexed both Canada and Mexico. The Chinese invaded Alaska this war was before the Great Nuclear war. Then someone flipped the keys and it all went to hell.

Thank you Vault Tech! Still, House is supposed to have been a major player in the great war, or at least the outcome of where nukes fell, but I never found any of that in his dialogue. Shame.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on November 06, 2010, 11:14:44 AM
Actually it came down to resources. 2077 so that's a good chunk to go without mutually assured boom-boom. America has annexed both Canada and Mexico. The Chinese invaded Alaska this war was before the Great Nuclear war. Then someone flipped the keys and it all went to hell.

Thank you Vault Tech! Still, House is supposed to have been a major player in the great war, or at least the outcome of where nukes fell, but I never found any of that in his dialogue. Shame.

Well the man was a genius...UNTIL I KILLED HIM! MUWAHAHA....*cough* *Now Rules over New Vegas and the Nevada Wasteland like an Iron Dictator*

Sabby

Quote from: Wolfy on November 06, 2010, 11:36:35 AM
Well the man was a genius...UNTIL I KILLED HIM! MUWAHAHA....*cough* *Now Rules over New Vegas and the Nevada Wasteland like an Iron Dictator*

[Master Shake]This is a Dictatorship, and I rule with an iron DICK![/Master Shake]

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on November 06, 2010, 11:41:46 AM
[Master Shake]This is a Dictatorship, and I rule with an iron DICK![/Master Shake]

xD Indeed. With Sabby as my second in command. o3o

Wolfy

I've been playing a ton of FFXIV...^-^...I like it.

Tonalberry

I need to be playing more FFXIV.  Wolfy, is there any other way to get new gear besides making it yourself or buying from other players?  I've been advancing a bit in my Physical Level, or whatever it's called, and I've got a couple of classes I've been working on lvling, and I still have the gear I started with.

Wolfy

So do I..and as far as I know, right now the only way is to get someone to make it for you. :/

Tonalberry

Bah, I need to make some friends in game then.  I don't have the money to buy new gear.

Wolfy

Yeah..everything is expensive cause there are no money sinks..lol.

But..I've got a great guild that can supply me with stuff. ^-^

Tonalberry

Maybe I should be on the lookout for a guild to join.

Wolfy

Hemingway

I just opened Steam and it said BLACK OPS: PLAY NOW.

Guess I will. *Shrug.*

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on November 06, 2010, 11:36:35 AM
I guess you had bad karma at the end of the game. I had good and I supported a "truly free" New Vegas. I was going to just disable Mr. House but he said, "I'd rather die." so I said, "Okay."

The only thing that's pissing me off about N.V. right now is the fact that I still cannot find that awesome black cover armor. I want so bad! D:

Sabby

Quote from: Inkidu on November 09, 2010, 08:40:14 AM
I guess you had bad karma at the end of the game. I had good and I supported a "truly free" New Vegas. I was going to just disable Mr. House but he said, "I'd rather die." so I said, "Okay."

The only thing that's pissing me off about N.V. right now is the fact that I still cannot find that awesome black cover armor. I want so bad! D:

As a wise brother on the turntable's once said...

Wiki.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on November 09, 2010, 08:40:14 AM

You're telling me! Have you any idea how many prostitutes I had to kill to get that outfit with the chains? You don't want to know! And do you know how hard it is to hide all those bodies? AHH!

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on November 09, 2010, 09:15:25 AM
You're telling me! Have you any idea how many prostitutes I had to kill to get that outfit with the chains? You don't want to know! And do you know how hard it is to hide all those bodies? AHH!
Please. That's just another Monday night for you, Hemingway. :\

Edit: I looked at the Fallout Wiki. You have to freaking kill one. Damn I was hoping it was a reward. Plus it's faction armor. Oh well. Maybe the NCR will give me some if I brown nose.

Hemingway

Okay, the server browser in Black Ops is quite possibly the worst I've ever seen.

I mean, the game, the game is fantastic. I can fucking lean. Meaning it doesn't feel like a cheap console port where PC gamers get fucked over. I mean, damn! I'm leaning, with a Vietnam-era M14, and it's just great.

But the server browser! Don't get me wrong, I like dedicated servers, I love it. The MW2 system was awful. But here, over half the time it won't let me join a server. It's either full ( because it fails to refresh, I guess? ), or it just won't connect. It just says connecting and then nothing. There is a quick play type of button, but I've tried it like 10 times and not once has it actually worked. It always picks servers that are full. Seriously, this is ... pretty bad. I pray they'll patch it, or that it's just stuff being messed up, it being the first day after release. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but if it doesn't get better at some point, that's a huge minus.

Inkidu

Does anyone know if Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood has a single player story. All I ever hear about is an admittedly awesome multiplayer but I can only really enjoy the former. I thought it was a DLC at first for Assassin's Creed 2 to make it have multiplayer.

Hemingway

Black Ops is a fantastic game, but damn, when it comes to single player/story, Modern Warfare ( and Modern Warfare 2 ) beat it about a million times over. It takes the whole secrecy bit so far it becomes a little silly, and I find it hard to suspend my disbelief.

Also, story told through flashbacks while the main character is incapacitated?

SERIOUSLY?

What the fuck are these people thinking? Do they realize how much of the experience that ruins? It might work in some cases, like, say, maybe in the latest Splinter Cell. But in this game? No. No. Shoo, whoever decided that. You know nothing about storytelling. Shoo. Go away.

Edit: I should probably just acknowledge right away that most/a lot of people won't share my views.

Inkidu

I've given up on Call of Duty. Low single player customization, a static cookie-cutter protagonist (which is a shame because your squad is really usually awesome) and a stricture to the formula bordering on zealotry make it so the only thing that changes are who you're shooting and what you're shooting them with.

Hemingway

Modern Warfare really pleasantly surprised me, in that it had a real story. Modern Warfare 2 really just expanded upon that. I liked those.