Deception II: The Deceptening - Game Thread - Final Round, ready to run!

Started by Galactic Druid, March 21, 2016, 01:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

Quote from: Madame Professor on March 31, 2016, 01:58:11 PM
So basically, our prime suspects... and Christa. :/ This does not bode well for us...

:o  When did I become a suspect?

Madame Professor

Quote from: Remiel on March 31, 2016, 02:27:58 PM
:o  When did I become a suspect?

You've been one for awhile now, darling...

And Intact, has me leaning more your way...
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Clio

Alright. I'm at a loss, but I'm going to go ahead and guess Locked Room and Necklace if it hasn't been guessed yet.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

mia h

If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Christa on March 31, 2016, 11:00:35 PM
Alright. I'm at a loss, but I'm going to go ahead and guess Locked Room and Necklace if it hasn't been guessed yet.

Incorrect!

Unfortunately, that also means all the investigators have used their guesses, and without further ado...

SunshineSparkle gets away with murder!! Her accomplice, Remiel, also wins!!

As always, thank you to everyone who participated! I couldn't run these games without you!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Remiel

Mwa ha ha ha ha!  *high five Sunshine*

As for the Witness, I'm going to guess...Mintprincess?  She was on the both of us pretty early.

Mintprincess

I was not the witness.  You're just always the wolf!

Clio

Nah. It was me. That's why it took me so long to guess. I knew it was between the two of you, and I wanted to be sure I was making the smartest move.

Madame Professor

Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Madame Professor

NightOwl35

My reasoning behind the clues were as follows for those interested:

Clue #1 - Illness/Disease. Yeah I probably chose poorly here? But to me at least it was the only one to make sense.
Clue #2 - Hospital. This was to point at the surgical mask.

Also I wanna point out:
Quote from: yugi006 on March 24, 2016, 06:11:37 PM
I'm thinking either MP's Liquid Drug or Sunshine's Illegal Drugs or Plague could be the murder weapon but if we are talking about the evidence then Sunshine's Surgical Mask could be a good choice.

When I saw that I was excited haha.

Clue #3 - Young Adult. I figured (at least in my mind) that it's more likely a young adult who ends up dead from illegal drugs.
Clue #4 - Relaxation. I wanted this to point out to the drugs. Most of the illegal drugs (at least from what I hear) people take to relieve stress, so I figured Relaxation would help point to that.
Clue #5 - Gradual. Ya I wasn't really sure what to pick here. After hospital most people got the surgical mask, so I was trying to point to the drugs. Then it got people off the surgical mask and on to radiation.
Clue #6 - Chest. I figured that if illegal drugs were to affect anything it'd be the chest. Maybe I should have picked head so the surgical mask would've resurfaced.
Clue #7 - Fingerprint. I had no idea what to pick on this one. I took out young adult though as that seemed to be making it go everywhere.
Clue #8 - Intact. Took out chest cause that seemed to mess people up as well. And it was illegal drugs so I figured the corpse would have to be intact.

That was how I went about picking though. At least as far as I can remember, I didn't keep much notes for what I chose/didn't choose.

yugi006

So I was on the right track after all. Everyone else steered me away from it.

NightOwl35

Quote from: yugi006 on April 01, 2016, 09:53:53 PM
So I was on the right track after all. Everyone else steered me away from it.

You were! And early on too! I was talking to RPGuy about how to do things in PM and we saw that and it was like "Go Yugi!" haha! I was just thinking, if he made a guess now it'd be over, but then I got bad draws and was just "Ugh" the rest of the time!

Ryven

Let's kick this pig!

~~~

Cause of Death- Suffocation, Severe Injury, Loss of Blood, Illness/Disease, Poisoning, Accident

~~~

Location of Crime - Pub, Bookstore, Restaurant, Hotel, Hospital, Building Site

Clio

Well, right now Minty and Phoenix are looking like two of the main suspects.

mia h

If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Mintprincess

Not that I don't have means that fit poisoning because I do, but clearly so do you.   And MP. And Remiel.  And probably others I just am not on that page.  Singling out me and Phoenix is a little shady. 

On my phone this weekend but can someone list out all the people and the means that fit poisoning so we can be ready when Ryven plays the next clue?

Clio

Sorry, I was in a hurry. I was more talking about the bookstore. Dictionary and Magazine. But I do have the note, so I do see your point.

Mintprincess

Oh I totally missed he added the location.   Was that edited in or added?  It would help if you put your reasoning cuz I was going off poisoning and like what? 

But yes dictionary and magazine make sense.  Note can fit.  Others might be a stretch. I still think a list would be nice by someone on a computer.

Remiel

Alright.  Here's what I've got at first blush:

First Clue: Poisoning

Remiel: Radiation, Powder Drug
Mia h: -
Madame Professor: Poisonous Gas, Wine
yugi006: -
Rapt: Venomous Snake
Christa: Alcohol
Mintprincess: Chemicals, Mercury
Phoenix: - (Dirty water could be argued, but I would classify it more as illness/disease)

And then we have Second Clue: Bookstore

Remiel: Antique, Confidential Letter
Mia h: Sculpture ; Gift
Madame Professor: Button
Yugi006: Plastic Bag; -
Rapt: Box Cutter; -
Christa: Note
Mintprincess: Banknote/cash, cleaning cloth, Dictionary
Phoenixrisen: Magazine

So we can eliminate Mia and Yugi right off the bat as nothing they have has to do with Poisoning.   In addition, I think we can eliminate Rapt, as none of her Evidence cards can be specifically found at a Bookstore. 

I'd say that Mintprincess' Chemicals / Dictionary or Mercury / Dictionary is our best bet, but myself, Madame Professor, Christa, and Phoenix remain suspects.

Clio

Sorry. Yeah, I'm on my phone too and watching kids. So I shouldn't have posted anything. Lol. There were so many poisoning options, I went for the bookstore, since there were fewer ones who fit. You, me and Phoenix all have options for both, but I haven't looked in depth. When I get to my comp later, I'll do a list.

Edit: or Remi will. Yay!

Phoenixrisen

I can see how I could look suspicious, but I think if Ryven was trying to single towards me he'd likely have gone with illness/disease as dirty water is really the best fit for that. Oh wait, Christa has plague... Anything she has being in a bookstore would be a stretch though, except maybe a fiber optics cable but those can be found all over the place.

I gotta agree with Remi that Minty/Chemicals/Dictionary or Minty/Mercury/Dictionary are perfect fits given what we've got. I know it's early still, and maybe it would be a waste of guesses, but there are still four others if you wanna go for one and me another. Then there are still more clues to be given right? Apologies if I'm a little bumbly, this is my first time playing this.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21