News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown: The Future of Superhero Movies

Started by Mathim, November 18, 2014, 02:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on September 10, 2016, 10:51:10 AM
Joe Manganiello also played Flash Thompson in the first Spider-Man movie directed by Sam Raimi.

Man, talk about premature aging...
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

mia h

The new #TeamArrow of Wild Dog, Mr Terrific, Green Arrow, Diggle\Spartan(?), Artemis & Ragman(?)
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

SapphireStar

Is it me or is the outfit Artemis wearing pretty much the exact same thing Black Canary wore? Same jacket that Sara gave to Laurel?

Mathim

Supergirl is on Netflix! It's as cheesy as I thought it would but it's still watchable. I'm curious to see how bringing in Tyler Hoechlin as Superman next season will affect things, I'd like to see the dynamic of their relationship. Too bad Arrow season 4 and Flash season 2 aren't on Netflix yet. Soon...soon...and Luke Cage at the end of the month, really happy about that.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

mia h

I wouldn't be surprised, Artemis is the fake Black Canary from last season so having her 'earn' the jacket seems an obvious thing to do.

SmokingCamels

I uh, soooo quit watching Arrow when the season split up halfway through.  I am probably way behind now (again). 

Mathim

Almost done with Supergirl. Martian Manhunter looks awesome and is totally badass. They really need to integrate her universe into Flash/Arrow/Legends.

Mathim

Lustful Bride

I just break out laughing looking at the Hulk, its the beard X3

So apparently Agents of Shield has a new Ghost Rider...only he drives a muscle car instead of a Motorcycle.

mia h

Quote from: Lustful Bride on September 19, 2016, 03:15:40 PM
So apparently Agents of Shield has a new Ghost Rider...only he drives a muscle car instead of a Motorcycle.
But this Ghost Rider is the new (2013) version, Robbie Reyes who's comic incarnation drove a muscle car.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: mia h on September 19, 2016, 03:45:34 PM
But this Ghost Rider is the new (2013) version, Robbie Reyes who's comic incarnation drove a muscle car.

I prefer motorcycle better :P

TheGlyphstone

Anything that helps distance this new Ghost Rider from the Cage portrayal is a positive. :D

Mathim

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 19, 2016, 04:15:21 PM
Anything that helps distance this new Ghost Rider from the Cage portrayal is a positive. :D

Amen to that! I've always said, they should have just got the kid who played young Johnny Blaze to keep playing him throughout the movie instead of Cage.

SmokingCamels

The motorcycle is better.  Ghost Rider was always supposed to be a biker.  I'm not against updating with the times though.  So if he's going to drive a muscle car, it needs to be a new one.  Like the newer Shelby Cobra GT 500s.  I'm a little sick of seeing the new Dodges, but a Camaro might even be okay if you could count it as a muscle car over the 'vette.

Mathim

As long as he can warp stuff with his hellfire like that shotgun in the movie, I'm good. He can do that to a helicopter, maybe, or even one of their quinjets. How awesome a finale would that be?

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Mathim on September 20, 2016, 08:42:36 AM
As long as he can warp stuff with his hellfire like that shotgun in the movie, I'm good. He can do that to a helicopter, maybe, or even one of their quinjets. How awesome a finale would that be?

*Thought* What if he wrapped Cap's shield in hellfire or Thor's hammer?  0_0

Mathim

They'd have to set precedent about the TV stuff crossing into the movies first.

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: Lustful Bride on September 20, 2016, 08:52:00 AM
*Thought* What if he wrapped Cap's shield in hellfire or Thor's hammer? 

A flaming indestructible frisbee that ricochets off of walls? That is perhaps one of the most epic things I have ever heard of. If could give you a cookie Bride i'd give you a baker's dozen.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on September 20, 2016, 02:14:45 PM

*Thought* What if he wrapped Cap's shield in hellfire or Thor's hammer?

A flaming indestructible frisbee that ricochets off of walls? That is perhaps one of the most epic things I have ever heard of. If could give you a cookie Bride i'd give you a baker's dozen.

Imagine him pitching it at Thor and having him smack it with the hammer to send it flying like in Age of Ultron, give it a hell of a lot more momentum!

Since Cap had to leave his shield behind in Siberia, I'm thinking he'll get a new one in Wakanda. What I would hope for, though, is an upgrade (I may have mentioned this already) where the shield is double-layered, so that there's two in one and if he's stuck blocking something, he can detached the second one and throw it (kind of like what the Hulk did when he was using those two bits of metal to destroy the sound machines in his movie). It's kind of the next logical step for his shield since everything he can really do with it at this point has been done.

SmokingCamels

Quote from: Mathim on September 20, 2016, 05:01:15 PM
Imagine him pitching it at Thor and having him smack it with the hammer to send it flying like in Age of Ultron, give it a hell of a lot more momentum!

Since Cap had to leave his shield behind in Siberia, I'm thinking he'll get a new one in Wakanda. What I would hope for, though, is an upgrade (I may have mentioned this already) where the shield is double-layered, so that there's two in one and if he's stuck blocking something, he can detached the second one and throw it (kind of like what the Hulk did when he was using those two bits of metal to destroy the sound machines in his movie). It's kind of the next logical step for his shield since everything he can really do with it at this point has been done.

That, or to make it bladed.

TheGlyphstone

Give it little rocket boosters that trigger when he throws it, so it hits EVEN HARDER.

CaptainNexus616

▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Mathim

Lustful Bride

I am definitely looking forward to the new Luke Cage series, looks like fun.

(I love the Stan Lee Cameo that happens at 2:05 )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snJ-nRgx8o0

CaptainNexus616