I have never watched a Super Bowl.

Started by Ajoxer, January 19, 2006, 07:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajoxer

NEVER.

I very well MAY never, for the rest of my days.

I simply. Do. Not. Like. Watching. Sports.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Celestial Goblin

I have never watched a football match, anyway never cared about the outcome. It goes the same for golf, cricket, swimming and penguin throwing. Guess obsession with professional sports are not universal in all humankind.

Elvi

I enjoy watching some sports.
Rugby is good, enjoy that, but then I come from a family of rugby players and so have an added interest. (AND I have played as well, when I was young and healthy, for a local women's team)

A lot of other sports leave me cold.
American football?....don't get me started, for the biggest reason, see above.
Soccer?.....It has to be a very important match, bloody nancy boys, trip over a blade of grass and they have to be carried off injured.
Golf?.....boaring...would rather watch a chess game.
Cricket?.....AAAAAAAARRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Now I do like some of the endurance sports.
Pais-Dakar ralley is one.
Triathlons and the like.
And some of the field events catch my interest, though I wouldn't say that I am glued to my set all the time.

It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

AutumnFury

I tend to watch snow boarding and skiing.. (And figure skating, though I'm loathe to admit it.)

I like rugby because I actually play. ;D I enjoy playing with the guys, although I don't end up moving much the next day.
"You may be the King, but watch the Queen conquer."

Open to:
Random PMs. Feel like chit chatting? Go ahead and message, if you dare.

Hannibal

Quote from: Celestial Goblin on January 20, 2006, 10:54:45 AM
Guess obsession with professional sports are not universal in all humankind.

That all depends on your definition of humankind ;). In Australia you are considered less than a gnat if you don't like sport, particularly if you claim to be male. Sheilas (or women as foreigners call them) are given allowances if they keep the kit clean and provide the oranges for half time :)

Elvi: You are quite right about American Football, soccer and golf. But Cricket? Fantastic sport! There's no other sport that gives you the time to over-analyse every aspect of the play with your mates and not miss a moment of the action. All that while sitting in the sun and enjoying a picnic ;D. The only problem is listening to the gloating of those Poms about the Ashes. Thank god it'll only last another year ;)

Now Australian Rules Football (or aerial pingpong as Rugby fans call it) is a great sport. It has strength, skill, grace and athleticism. That's if its a good game. There is nothing uglier than a bad game of Aussie Rules :). If the uninitiated want to test their skills of deduction and analysis watch a game. If, by the end of the game, you understand what is going on you can probably fill out a tax return blindfold, interpret New Labour's election policies (or any other electoral parties policies) and tie your shoelaces all at the same time ;)
Happiness is a choice!

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5492.0

Elvi

Oh cricket is quite a social game if you are actually there to watch it in the flesh as it were as long as it is a local team and not in a huge bloody stadium.
(And I have to admit, there was more than a little gloating over the ashes, even in this hosehold.)

And thank you for reminding me about Australian rules football!
Not that we get to see it much over here, but yes, on the occasions that I have seen it, it did raise and entertained WTF smile to my face.
(And those how tight do they wear those shorts??  Lots of nice firm thighs and rock hard buttocks in that line up!)   

Hannibal

Quote from: Elvi on January 21, 2006, 06:52:10 AM
And thank you for reminding me about Australian rules football!
Not that we get to see it much over here, but yes, on the occasions that I have seen it, it did raise and entertained WTF smile to my face.
(And those how tight do they wear those shorts??  Lots of nice firm thighs and rock hard buttocks in that line up!)   

It does have a certain appeal to the ladies ;D. It has the highest proportion of women spectators of any of the codes of football in Australia, primarily because of those shorts. The shorts are made to stretch, hence the reason they can get them on before the game let alone run around and kick a football. In the 80's the Sydney Swans were taken over by a flamboyant entrepneur and to attract more ladies he made the shorters even smaller. Sydney is not an Aussie Rules town so he needed to do something :D
Happiness is a choice!

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5492.0

Elvi

*LOL*
Well in a typical Australian 'in your face' sort of way, it certainly is interesting.