Law changing petition [UK residents only][Not for debate]

Started by Inari, April 08, 2016, 03:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inari

I haven't said this is for the only United Kingdom residents to discriminate. It is because this is the rules of the petition as it will be sent to the British Parliament. At 10k signatures, the government will respond to the petition. At 100k, they will be forced to debate the subject matter in the House of Parliment.

This petition aims to change the definition of rape so it includes male victims. Currently, the law states the following:

"Section 1 makes it an offence for a person (A) intentionally to penetrate with his penis the vagina, anus or mouth of another person (B) without that person’s consent if A does not reasonably believe that B consents. Subsection (2) provides that whether a belief in consent is reasonable is to be determined having regard to all the circumstances, including any steps A has taken to ascertain whether B consents. This and the offence in section 5 are the only offences that can only be committed by a male, because they relate to penile penetration. Subsection (3) provides that sections 75 and 76 apply to this offence. Sections 75 and 76 deal with evidential and conclusive presumptions about consent."

Souce: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/42/notes/division/5/1/1

As victims or friends of victims will know, women can and do rape men. Currently, the law does not cover the envelopment of a penis with a vagina or other object without consent. It only covers penetrative acts. Because of this, enforcement of female on male crime is rare, and male on male rape is not approached correctly. Our society currently does not treat male victims the same as female.

By amending the law to include male victims, it will be a big step in the right direction to enable gender equality.

To make this slight change in definition, please sign this petition before September so we can make a difference and bring justice to male victims. It will only take a few moments of your time but it would be appreciated. 

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/124524

Thank you.

Oreo

I can't sign the petition, but I can add the link to twitter and maybe get a few people that way. Thank you for bringing the issue to Elliquiy members.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Aethereal

Not an UK citizen, but I figure I can at least mention it in a couple of groups with some UK members.

Sabby

I want to vote, but I'm only second hand British. The idea that this is still the case in a first world country is shameful (or progressive, depending on your outlook)

Suiko

- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Slow, motivation is tough. See my AAs -

Soveliss

A shame I'm not a UK citizen. I'd have signed it in a heartbeat if I was. Maybe I should start a similar petition in my country then...

Thanks. It warms my heart to see people who care about the suffering of men.
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
Download douchey hats on Steam"
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

Inari

I say go for it. It can't exactly hurt to try.

No problem. For me, if we are going to be truly equal we need to include all genders when it comes to law, not just one. That and I have seen injustice done to men because of how the laws are currently. It really does suck.

The Dark Raven

Not British, but I agree with the fix.  Too seldom are male victims recognized and given the aftercare they need.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Suiko

It didn't work. Enough signatures were gained so that it went to parliament, but they didn't change the law. It's still just 'penile penetration'.

Good. Great.

/irritated sarcasm
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Slow, motivation is tough. See my AAs -

Sabby