Seeking Guided Freeform Superhero Story (full)

Started by AribethAmkiir, January 04, 2012, 02:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVillain

Actually I do mention that, the emotions in particular are his confidence and faith in how Just the cause he's fighting for is. I like the 'Berserker Rage' idea though, might toss in Anger. Just saying that right now he's more Gladiator then Hulk in that regard.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Darwishi

Ah, I only skimmed so I didn't get to that part.  I don't mean to make him like Hulk where he really is only triggered by anger.  More that if someone pisses him off enough (righteous fury?) that part of his abilities may include it. 

Of course, I'm always a fan of when the abilities wind up being the weakness as well.  It's not always possible, but it's kind of neat...kind of like I do with Vendetta...

TheVillain

Fan of that myself, just sometimes it take a bit of working. When at it's peak he's prone to overconfidence, blind zeal, and in some cases berserker rages? That's not a bad idea.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Darwishi

I gotta figure out who I'm gonna play. XDD It might not be one of my listed girls.  I think I might see who all everyone else is playing.

Aybara

Still working on the bio but this is the picture I'll be using. Normal human without the power ring who's an engineer so if you're familiar with green lanterns you can imagine how that'll work out very mechanical minded constructs a bit like John Stewart. Sticking with the yellow weakness and possible the very old vulnerability to wood but he's made a frame with metal plates to offer some extra protection but it's not a true suit of power armour he's wearing as he has to use the power ring to get it working properly.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Aybara

Sadly life in my immediate future looks set to get a lot more hectic so I'll have to withdraw from this game and focus on the ones I'm already in that have started. If things clear up though I'll be seeing if ye have room and maybe ye wouldn't mind me keeping an eye on our band of Heroes from time to time?

Vaulera

Name: Camille Summers

Alias: Spark

Appearance: 
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Height: 5,1

Weight: 110 lbs

Powers:

Disintegrate: Spark uses her powers to remove of add electrons from the atoms in people's bodies, changing the bonding between their atoms and causing the target to fall away into nothing. This is her most evil of powers and is used only against an evil foe, with much concentration, trying to break  down billions of atoms at a time.

Electrocute: Spark's trademark skill, she uses her powers to create a massive amount of static electricity in the air above her desired target and then uses them like a lightning rod, being struck by static lightning.

Spontaneous combustion: Spark makes the particles in an opponents body move faster, generating heat and eventually lighting the victim up like a torch.

Bio: Camille was a foster child from birth, anonymous parents who were deemed unfit to take care of her. Instead, she was raised by a wealthy family with heavy connections to the military, giving her a happy and proper upbringing with an outstanding education. Camille excelled at the sciences, particularly in regards to physics. She completed her education in oxford with a masters in molecular biology among others and enrolled in the military as a researcher of biological weaponry. In secret, her father approached her with a new research project, to create a breed of supersoldier with powers beyond the mortal fold, a superhero. Camille had heard of superheroes out there, they were famous, but was unsure about how to go about making a serum. Over the course of two years, she had created the first prototype serum using the dna of a dead superhero, a man with the power of electricity. With no willing volunteers for human testing, she decided to use herself. The serum was a complete success, she was able to manipulate static electricity and atomic structure, the real source of the electricity. When she returned to her family estate, her foster parents were dead and the house destroyed. With her newfound superpowers, she donned the alias spark and vowed revenge.

AribethAmkiir

We'll leave a spot open for you for a little while in case things change, Aybara.  Hope all goes well.

Looking good, Vaulera.  :)

Vaulera

Do I start just anywhere, or should I be somewhere specific?

Aybara

Name: Martin Cole
Allias: Green Lantern
Appearance:
[/URL]
For his costumed appearance see previous post til I edit it in here.
Height: 6'1''
Weight: 187lb
Powers:
-Green Lantern Ring: This ring allows Martin to generate solid objects made from a green light while he maintains them which is dependent on his will power to create them and his imagination to shape them. It can also act as a translator, allow him to survive in space and other hostile environments as well as fly (at faster than light speeds outside of a planet's gravity well) and generate force fields.
-Armour: Martin upon noting the ring's vulnerabilities created a suit to help protect him during fights with some villains. The suit itself is a theoretical design but the technology to create many of the parts correctly is currently not in place but aside from the basic shell and frame Martin fills in the blanks of the suit with the power ring. The suit is there for protection against certain attacks and allows him to stay nimble by supporting it's own weight.
Vulnerabilities:
-Yellow: Yellow objects and entities are hard for the ring to effect which came as a startling realization of how much of a draw back this was when he got hit by a large yellow golem punched straight through the force field he had created and broke three ribs. This event led to the creation of his armoured suit.
-Wood: Objects made of would are better at destroying his constructs than other seemingly superior materials, he is in more danger from a man with a wooden stick than one with a katana if he is aware of the attack.
-Green Lantern Ring: Martin's ring must be worn and periodically recharged to allow him to benefit from it's abilities. Without it he is a normal man albeit more knowledgeable about unusual things even his suit will not work without the ring and although it offers some protection will be ungainly and cumbersome.

Bio:
Martin Cole was born into a middle class family, his intuitive grasp of physics and the physical forces that shape the world led him to be granted a scholarship and he went on to study in University and become an Engineer. Martin enjoyed college immensely and strove to excel which allowed him to catch the eye of some representatives from NASA.
Although it was clear he'd never be an astronaut the chance to help create space ships and take mankind into the stars was appealing to Martin. Jumping at the opportunity he worked hard, it was there he met Wendy Rayner and fell in love. After a whirlwind romance with the more outgoing and adventurous red headed woman they got engaged. Tragedy struck when an accident during testing resulted in Wendy being killed in an explosion.

Martin channeled his anger into figuring out what had gone wrong to discover it was sabotage using unknown technology. Eventually this led him to confront the saboteur only to find out it was an alien who was fighting with another apparently glowing green entity. During the fight this green lantern was mortally wounded but stopped the alien who apparently had designs to set back humanities space exploration. He was shocked to discover the glowing man was another human and a man he knew, an astronaut. Knowing that he was about to die shortly he passed the torch and sponsored Martin's entry into the Green Lantern Corp as his replacement. It's been over two years since that day and now  Martin is the designated Green Lantern for this sector which does bring him outside into the galaxy where he is well known to some worlds and unknown to others but still he does his best to safeguard the Earth now more than ever of the dangers that lurk in the shadows between stars as well as the ones that lurk in alley ways, both need his attention and he will do his best to do his duty.

rhev

It's hard to tell... did you guys find a dedicated GM for this?  Are you still looking?
<~~ GM Extraordinaire.

TheVillain

Mostly we convinced Aribeth to give it a go, but I do think if you talked to her some magic would happen. How are you, rhev?

Laughing Hyena

Do not sell yourself short Ari. You are doing a rather good job despite your inexperience. Still this is what you hoped for it.

rhev

I think I'm going to have to pass.

8 players is a bit more than im comfortable with and you look like you've already got a lot going on.    4 threads plus ooc is a bit more than I'm willing to take on.   Also I was kind of hoping for a little bit of a lighter tone.  I wish you the best of luck however and will probably keep an eye on the threads.  I do love me some superheros.  :)

Thanks though and have fun!

TheVillain

Good Luck rhev.

And you're doing good Aribeth.