Star Wars: The Old Republic based plot/interest check

Started by apygoos, June 19, 2013, 08:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

This plot idea is based off the opening of the plot for the sith inquisitor class in Star Wars: The Old Republic. In this, you see that in the days of the old republic, the Sith collected force sensitive slaves and shipped them to Korriban. If they were lucky enough to survive the trials given to them, they would be able to become Sith Apprentices. This game wil lfocus in on a particular group that meets up on the shuttle ride onto Korriban. the first part of this RP would take a good length of time on the planet as they started to hone their abilities in the force. I envision after some time though, they plot an escape, where they become fugitives of the Sith empire. From there your characters story becomes yours. Will they become consumed by the dark side? will they use their abilities as a gun [or lightsaber] for hire? What other challenges will this group face?

I'm seeking a group interest of ~ 8-10[myself included], and keeping the sexes as even as possible. you can play just about any species you please [if you want to be a sith pureblood, i have to imagine youd become sympathetic to this groups cause and join them]. Thanks for your time in checking this out :)

character sheet:
Name:
Species:
Home World:
Orientation:
Ons:
Offs:
Occupation prior to enslavement:
Skill in the Force you foresee your character excelling in though development[I.E. Healing, reflexes, etc]:
Weapon of choice:
Initial Moral Affinity:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:

ONs and Offs can go beyond sex.
please post your character sheet in the character sheet thread i am about to put up, i will review it and make sure all is well.

OOC
Character Sheets

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Strifesblaze7

Is there a point where nobody cares

Countdown0

I'm definitely in if you get this off the ground.
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Blobbe

Provisionally interested, dependant on what rating/section you were going to put it in

apygoos

considering theyre prisoners, i was thinking exotic bondage, or exotic light. I personally have no intention of doing NC scenes, as this is more about the group and their forming realtionships than about outright sex, etc. I wont hesitate to provide some action if requested though :)

spooky

color me intrigued. I'm bookmarking.. lts do this.
I have taken The Oath of Drake.

Lockepick

I'm intrigued! Bookmarked!

Can I also ask that when/if we make character sheets for this game, can we include some questions for the characters on morality? Even just being so blunt to ask questions like: Worst act you'll do without batting an eye; Act you'd do for money; What you'd kill for; Act you won't let go unpunished; Act you would NEVER do.

Dark-side (or evil) games tend to be difficult to keep the entire party on the same boat. For example: Player A is running around smashing babies with other babies to maintain his erection, where Player B is just a gun for hire that only accepts military targets, Player C is a cannibal. When we've got a group of 8-10 people, these sort of disconnects becomes MUCH more likely.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

apygoos

i was considering doing some kind of quiz that rates your inital morality/light-dark-neutral rating. I see the groups experiences as possibilities for stance changes and things of the like.

Strifesblaze7

Lockepick

Quiz sounds good to me!

Probably going to make a gay dude. Anybody else making any gay/bi dude characters? Also, not sure if I count as a 'male' for purposes of the gender split if I don't plan on touching any ladies.

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Strifesblaze7

Ember Star

I'm hoping to bend my existing character to fit here. She's bisexual, but leans towards woman, and she's dominant. However, I'm not sure she'll fit.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

AribethAmkiir

mj2002

spooky

Quote from: lockepick on June 20, 2013, 04:01:11 PM
I'm intrigued! Bookmarked!

Can I also ask that when/if we make character sheets for this game, can we include some questions for the characters on morality? Even just being so blunt to ask questions like: Worst act you'll do without batting an eye; Act you'd do for money; What you'd kill for; Act you won't let go unpunished; Act you would NEVER do.

Dark-side (or evil) games tend to be difficult to keep the entire party on the same boat. For example: Player A is running around smashing babies with other babies to maintain his erection, where Player B is just a gun for hire that only accepts military targets, Player C is a cannibal. When we've got a group of 8-10 people, these sort of disconnects becomes MUCH more likely.

okay I simply must be player A, but instead of babies.. I'll smash cookies. I'll be the sith cookie monster!

LordMing

Klytus, I'm bored. What play thing can you offer me today? ~Emperor Ming

Cerevan

I myself am deeply, deeply interested in this. Count me in if this gets going.

Quote from: lockepick on June 20, 2013, 04:30:38 PM
Probably going to make a gay dude. Anybody else making any gay/bi dude characters? Also, not sure if I count as a 'male' for purposes of the gender split if I don't plan on touching any ladies.

I'm probably going to make a bi or pan dude, either way would possibly be into other guys. Though whether they'd actually be compatible is very open to interpretation. :P

Lockepick

Meh, when I go into group games, I don't presume there will be another compatible gay guy in it. I'm perfectly content for it simply to be a character trait I don't get to act on. Or if the GM is of the persuasion, then work out a scene with him. No worries.

spooky

Well I think having random assortments of sexualities mixed in.. relationships being there or not, will make things fun. Think of all the random moments..
Player A- "Just kill him"
Player B- "Nah, to pretty, it'd be a waste"
Player A- "He's a dude."
Player B- "So?"
Player A- "..."
Player C-"Hahaha, look at him squirm.. I think he'd rather die."
Player B- "Or he's excited."
Player A and C" ..., ..."

Hahahaha love it.

Ember Star

apygoos

I think we do, mayhaps, just want to make sure we have a  balance of the sexes.
Ive got a ton of catching up to do, but rest assured, this is on my to-do list.

spooky

Quote from: apygoos on June 22, 2013, 06:19:33 PM
I think we do, mayhaps, just want to make sure we have a  balance of the sexes.
Ive got a ton of catching up to do, but rest assured, this is on my to-do list.

well I'm here and I hope I make the cut, I'm liking the personalities represented here so far. Oh, and my muse is throbbing for some star wars lol

Ember Star

IDK how many females are here. But my girl does prefer women over men, preferably submissive women. She could make do with a submissive male, though.

or I could make a new character.

apygoos

we have a gay guy and a bi guy
im pretty sure my guy is going to be straight, switch.