Return to Miller's Hollow [Villagers Win!]

Started by Autumn Sativus, September 28, 2012, 12:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niferbelle

Niferbelle merely stood silently to the side, listening as the others spoke, an unkempt figure with wide blue eyes that showed a distinct lack of sleep and no little fear. The cold wind seemed to knife right through her and she pulled her threadbare coat a little tighter around her as if she could stave it off. Her eyes fluttered from face to face as potential sheriffs were declared  but only appeared to grow more and more confused with each opinion that was expressed. At last she realized that her delay would only draw more attention if she didn't speak up so she drew in a breath and pointed.

"I choose that one, Falanor. May God have mercy on all our souls," she declared then added the last almost as a wish though there was little confidence in her voice as she did so.

Autumn Sativus

Quote from: Saffron on October 02, 2012, 02:22:41 PM
Votes
Torch (6)
Falanor (6)
Valerian (2)
Kyrsa (1)
Ryven (1)
Sarena (1)
Xandi (1)

Falanor, James Moriarty, Kyrsa, Lord Mayerling, Mcsc, Mithlomwen, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, Remiel, Ryven, Sarena, Sasha, Starlequin, SunshineSparkle, That Girl Analise, ThatRPGuy, Torch, Valerian, Xandi

Pushing this up to the next page. Unless some votes change, it looks like Falanor's choice of Torch or a dice roll for a tie. >:)
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Falanor

Falanor tears back some overgrown vines around a well starring down the depths as if to find an answer as to why the town was abandoned.  "Odd, finding a town all empty..." he says to himself as he looks around, pausing at the sound of voices in the distance.  Pulling the lapel of his duster tight, brushing off some of the dust, he listens to the conversation at hand.  "Well, I see we're already setting up shop here, eh?  I don't think it'd be right of me to vote for myself but I'd rather see the lovely Mith in charge of keeping the peace."

Autumn52

As Xandi cleaned the little cottage she thought it odd that such a quaint town would be abandoned. This little town had all the comforts and yet a strange feeling loomed about. A shiver rolled down her spine as she looked back out at the town. She noticed they were about to announce the new sheriff so she went to congratulate whoever the winner might be. Upon getting closer she heard someone say that there was a tie and that Falanor and Torch were the front runners. After thinking for a moment she said, "I believe Falanor would make an excellent sheriff. I'm sure Torch wouldn't mind if I change my vote. He is a peaceable man and someone I think would be fair minded." After the strange feeling she had just had she wanted to elect a new sheriff sooner rather than later.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Autumn Sativus

With a final tally of 7 votes to 5 in Falanor's favour, the new Sheriff was decided.

Miller's Hollow would serve as a nice place to spend the colder months with each cabin housing one or several people, a fireplace in each and a forest just nearby for them to get wood to burn. There was even a barn at the edge of the village that would contain many tools to help them survive here through the winter. Perhaps Sheriff Falanor would lead the exploration of the remaining buildings for anything they could use, or maybe someone had already been searching the cabins while they were busy?

Well, the cabins had all been swept out for tonight and it was beginning to get dark by the time the votes were all completed. "Looks like it's just about time to settle down for the night." one of them commented, a few more nodding along their agreement. So the group settled in to their chosen homes for the night to find out what spending a night in Miller's Hollow would be like. Everyone had managed to find enough wood to stay warm for the night and there had been enough rations left for everyone to have a meal. But some of the villagers were beginning to feel a different kind of hunger...

Night Falls
The Werewolves and company will soon receive a message letting them know who their fellows are.
Each of the night-active roles should PM Saffron with whether they do or do not wish to use their ability tonight.
Us against the world

James Moriarty

After settling in to his cabin, James unpacked his small bag that carried what clothes he had with him and a few odd books that he always kept nearby -- Bram Stoker's Dracula (a first edition, given to him by his grandfather), The Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe and Kinder- und Hausmärchen by the Brothers Grimm.  Dusting off a small but serviceable wooden table, he considered making a small dinner, but not feeling particularly hungry, he opted instead to head out for a stroll around the darkening town.  He was not particularly afraid of the dark -- after all, the boogeymen of the night were all just myths and fairy tales -- right?

If the evening air was brisk, the night was downright cold.  He pulled his wool coat tight around him and walked the length of the main path between the cabins -- what he suspected may once have been a tiny "Main Street" of sorts -- watching the steam rising from his breath and casting about to see what the other travelers were doing.

Sarena

With the die cast, there was nothing left to do for the night except finally settle on which one of these run down buildings would serve as her homestead.  She kept watch during the whole affair, trying to keep tabs on where everyone was going on who had chosen what building, but there was one that held her attention a little longer than the others.  He wasn't part of their group, in fact he had already been in Miller's Hollow when they arrived. 

Definitely one not to be trusted. Sarena did not do well with strangers.  Especially those that seemed so forward as to think they knew her well enough to nominate her for such a position as Sheriff.   She took her eyes off of him finally, looking across to the newly elected leader and gave a curt nod of congratulations before she turned away from the dispersing crowd and surveyed a small row of buildings.  A few were already looking to be taken, but there was one small cabin at one end of the row. She made her way to the window and peeked in, dark as night inside.  Taking a deep breath, Sarena moved to the door and pushed it open.  The hinges creaked and a cold waft of stale air hit her in the face as she stepped inside, sending a shiver down her spine. 

She dropped her bag on the floor in the main room of the cabin and crouched in front of it, digging around for the bag of candles and matches that had settled at the very bottom.  There had been no need for them while camping under the stars during their journey here, but now, she was glad she had brought them.  Lighting a candle, Sarena took a few minutes to explore the few other rooms of the cabin.  Something that had once served as a kitchen off to one side, and ladder that led to what looked like a loft bedroom to the other.  Not bad...but she highly doubted she'd be sleeping up there any time soon.  Lighting a few more candles, she spend the next half hour tidying up just enough to scare the bugs away and kick up a little dust before spreading her bedroll out.  She settled in with her rations for a meal and listened to the goings on outside the open door of her cabin, watching the flicker of the candle's flame as she ate.

I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Autumn Sativus

When day broke in the morning there was a great amount of chaos occurring in the centre of town. Someone had been attacked during the night, but the gates had been locked. Someone from inside the village must have been the culprit, but the almost-victim claimed it was wolves. The blood on the ground was enough to show that someone was injured, but a quick count of heads showed everyone was alive.

An argument soon after ensued about what they were to do about the discovery that the rumours of Miller's Hollow may have truth to them after all. Eventually it was decided that they would do their very best to annihilate the threat before the whole village was gone.

"Please cast your votes of the guilty party and we will hope our majority is correct."

Players
  • Falanor
  • James Moriarty
  • Kyrsa
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Mcsc
  • Mithlomwen
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Niferbelle
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Sarena
  • Sasha
  • Starlequin
  • SunshineSparkle
  • That Girl Analise
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Torch
  • Valerian
  • Xandi

Roles
  • Peasants x9-10
  • Priest
  • Seer
  • Guardian
  • Healer
  • Alchemist
  • Halfbreed
  • Werewolves x2-3
  • Alpha
Us against the world

That Girl Analise

"We can't let this happen again," Analise said, her face a pale, bloodless white at the sight of the blood on the ground. "I think we would all agree that we must do something about this. We have to," she eyed a few of the others discretely, wary of making a decision just yet. At random, she looked to Mith. "What were you up to last night?" she asked. There wasn't much suspicion in her voice, but then, they had to start somewhere.

Mithlomwen

Mith glanced at Analise, surprise shining in her eyes.  "I was in my cottage."  She answered in reply to the question.  "I thought I heard rustling around during the night, but assumed it was just the wind."  Mith paused for several moments, trying to remember anything that she'd heard that might help solve the mystery.  "The noises seemed to be coming from where Starlequin was staying last night." 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Ryven

Ryven glanced out the window of his small cottage to see a crowd gathering.  He'd just been pulling his last batch of muffins out of his oven.  Quite curious as to what the commotion was outside, he slipped from his front door, pulling his coat closer around him upon feeling the cool chill of the morning air.  He didn't have to ask when he stepped closer.  Blood stains in the dirt told the story of a struggle, but no one seemed to have been mortally wounded.

"We are lucky to have been blessed with whomever had prevented this vile deed.  However..." he said, trailing off and looking to the others.  "I'm quite curious as to what Niferbelle was up to last night."

Starlequin

The coppery scent of blood in the street left Starlequin feeling nauseous and queasy. After a thorough personal examination to ensure none of his dangly bits had been violently pilfered in the night, he joined the others for some much-needed, old-fashioned huddling in fear. But the comfort of mutual terror didn't last long, as Mithlomwen attempted to color him with a haze of suspicion.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said, his eyes narrowing at his accuser. "I had a perfectly normal, quiet evening in last night. I followed the same routine I do at home: I played an exciting round of Solitaire By Mail, had a peanut butter and ketchup sandwich for dinner, performed a bit of ritual gopher molestation, and then I went to bed and cried myself to sleep. Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary!" Starlequin folded his arms and stood back, confident that he had defused any more suspicions that might be raised against him.

"However, there are two things I would like to know...what was Kyrsa up to last night, and does anyone know how to neatly fold a fitted sheet?"
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Autumn52

After hearing the commotion outside Xandi put on her coat and walked to where the others were standing. As she got closer, she saw the blood stained ground and cried out, "Where is Mr. Bigglesworth? Oh my he isn't here. He wasn't injured was he?" Xandi swayed slightly feeling faint with the thought that her dear Mr. Bigglesworth had been injured. She sat on a nearby stump and asked, "What happened?"

As she had approached the group she had heard Starlequin's confession of innocence and eyed him wearily. "Why would anyone say they had done such things if not to steer the eyes of the weary away from themselves. I believe perhaps Starlequin is hiding something after all."

Xandi's eyes continued to look for Mr. Bigglesworth as she clutched her handkerchief to her bosom.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Mr Bigglesworth

The noise from the crowd outside woke Mr. Bigglesworth from a deep sleep, earlier than he had hoped after all the work he had done yesterday.  He peered out the window to see quit a number of the villagers all gathered, seeming quite excited.

Pulling a shirt over his head, Mr. B. ventured outside, moving swiftly to the crowd - even before noticing the blood stains on the ground he could clearly tell from the conversations that somebody had been hurt.  He hurried towards them to make sure everybody was OK, at least alive.  Sticking his head into the crowd and looking around,  he was happy to see everybody was there - especially his dear Xandi.

He moved over to her and hugged her closely.  Then he stood with her and listened to the crowd and then put in his vote - "Yes, Starlequin seems a little over defensive - and it seems odd that he is worried about folding sheets at a time like this."

Autumn52

As Xandi saw Mr. Bigglesworth approaching her heart raced in relief. He stood near her and she took his hand to her lips and listened to his vote. Xandi kissed his hand and whispered to him, "I'm so happy you are alright. I was so afraid that you had been harmed." She smiled sweetly to him and kept his hand in hers, it gave her a sense of security and comfort.

SunshineSparkle

Completely clueless to what was happening outside,Sunshine pulled a jacket over her shoulders as she headed out of her house.The sight and smell of blood clogged her throat with fear,her face going bemused by the horror of the scene she was witnessing,her thoughts about being safe inside her cabin didn't last that long.

She moved toward the rest of the villagers whilst her eyes scrutinized each face,assessing every expression and reaction.She didn't have an idea about who might have done it and wasn't the type who threw accusations like that in the air.

"How about you, Mayerling?" Her gaze suddenly stopped at him "What were you doing last night?"

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Starlequin (3)
Lord Mayerling (2)
Kyrsa (1)
Mithlomwen (1)
Mr Bigglesworth (1)
Niferbelle (1)
Ryven (1)

Yet To Vote:
Falanor, James Moriarty, Kyrsa, Lord Mayerling, Mcsc, Mithlomwen, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, Remiel, Ryven, Sarena, Sasha, Starlequin, SunshineSparkle, That Girl Analise, ThatRPGuy, Torch, Valerian, Xandi
Us against the world

Missy

MacLoch peered out the second story window of his tower to see what all the noise was about. He overheard some bit about a person being harmed and blame being lain upon somebody. He hurried down to investigate more closely, if there were judgements to be had he certainly wasn't going to know nothing about it.

MacLoch knelt before the traces of blood examining them closely, the evidence certainly justified the commotion. "That lad may be guilty true enough"
he said referring to Starlequin "Yet I wish to hear Mr Bigglesworth's activities for the last night"

Valerian

Val had not slept well that night, as many did not when trying to sleep in a new, strange place such as this.  But she was awake instantly when the clamor began outside, and could not have been more relieved to learn that no one was harmed.  Frightened and accusatory, yes, which was bad enough, but at least there was still hope that whatever evil plagued them might be stopped before it did too much harm.

When Sunshine Sparkle spoke, Val nodded thoughtfully.  "Yes, I should like to hear that as well, Lord Mayerling," she said quietly.  Her eyes drifted over the marks of blood for a moment, then she shuddered and turned away.  It was better not to dwell on what might have happened; she and all the other innocents of the village needed to have their wits about them for the sake of their future.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lord Mayerling

“Ah…,” Mayerling met the charges against him by the good Valerian and SunshineSparkle with a dose of skepticism.

Mayerling was dressed in what was left of a humble tunic and tights. It had been torn to shreds as he still wore it in his sleep; seemingly helpless against a much more powerful, animalistic assailant.

“I can tell you this, m’ladies,” he retorted, “my night was filled with far more horror than yours.”

Mayerling moved to a central area of the village where a tree had been felled and removed long ago, and now an old gray stump of tree formed a natural stage from which to tell his story. He mounted the stump, and thus began,

“My friends, I come to you now as sole witness that there in fact are werewolves living among us. I can assure you of this fact because, while the rest of you were struggling to find a bit of sleep in this deeply forsaken place, I was attacked near mortally. As you can see I will need to replace my wardrobe.” Mayerling made a gesture apologizing for his appearance.

“Fortunately for myself, I was saved from a sure death only through my own knowledge of brewing and alchemy. After the creature had left, I was able to mix a concoction of various proprietary substances to act as an elixir. By consuming it, I was able to survive. Unfortunately, it contains several poisons that, through the years, I have been able to build a tolerance. However, I am sure it would kill any of you if you consumed it, and sadly I will also perish should I need to take more of it.

“For some reason, I am seen as a danger amongst you, but it is now proven that I am of flesh and blood, like the rest of the innocents among us in this place. Now knowing that I have survived an attack, surely my time among you is short. I will certainly be attacked again, and this time I won’t be able to save myself. This may very well be my last day among you, but do not end it with the lynching of an innocent. End it with the lynching of my assailant.

“In this determination I can help you, for through my survival of the incident, I know who attacked me.” Mayerling scanned the eyes of the gathered villagers. “The costume of a grisly wolf can only conceal so much, but a brewer sees with something else.” Mayerling put the tip of his finger to his nose.

“The wolf carried the scent of sweetness with him, and this leaves only two possibilities.”

Mayerling’s eyes moved to the candy cigarettes in Starlequin’s hands. “Ah yes, the weakness that leads to betrayal.” Mayerling shifted his eyes to the baker. “Though we can’t forget our local baker, either. Was it to be me that was going to fill your mince meat pies, sir?

“To me, both Starlequin and Ryven must be werewolves among us. My vote must be for Ryven. Please heed my words, friends, for I was seen as a threat because I am believable and persuasive, but also because I have a strong nose for lying and truth. I may sacrifice my life to prove myself; so be it. But do not let me be slain in vain. Let my death take with me the one who tried to kill me. Do it in order to save yourselves. Keep in mind that both Starlequin and Ryven voted for Torch for Sherriff. Therefore she must be suspect as well. You must also suspect anyone else who attempts to ruse being the survivor of last night's attack. Use this information after I am gone. Save you it will.”

Sarena

It was hard to figure out who to trust when trust did not come easy to begin with.  Sarena pulled her threadbare sweater tight around herself and folded her arms across her chest as she listened to the small crowd.  The finger pointing and blame, the accusations, it did not take long for it all to begin.  Mayerling's stories of werewolves in their midst sent shivers down her spine.  She was not sure she could trust this man completely, but she was sure that he was telling the truth about being attacked.

Werewolves?  She looked up at the morning sky, remembering a full moon the night before.  Could it be true?

She steered clear of the drying blood on the ground, watching Mr. Bigglesworth and Xandi as they stood close to each other.  Her eyes narrowed as she watched the gentleman.  "You are awfully quick to point the blame at Starlequin, Mr. Bigglesworth.  While I am highly disturbed by his molestation of the gopher population, I cannot help but feel that you are trying to hide something yourself."
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Starlequin (3)
Mr Bigglesworth (3)
Lord Mayerling (2)
Kyrsa (1)
Mithlomwen (1)
Niferbelle (1)
Ryven (1)

Yet To Vote:
Us against the world

Niferbelle

NIferbelle was looking drawn and gaunt, the result of her largely unsuccessful attempts to sleep the night before. She had holed up in a corner in one of the abandoned houses after having made no attempt to tidy the place or make it more homey. As if hiding could make her safe. She wandered out into the street with the others to examine the evidence of the attack the night before though she simply looked bewildered when others began expressing their opinions on who was behind it as if such matters were beyond her. She did not even muster any alarm when the one named Ryven pointed the finger of accusation at her. Her eyes were sad as she turned to him.

"There's naught I can do 'bout what folks want to b'lieve but I tell ya, I was hidin' last night and nothing else," she said, her voice barely more than a whisper as the others talked around her. As Starlequin began to speak he drew her attention and she drifted a little closer to him.

"I do," she said softly and raised her hand as he inquired after someone who knew their way around a fitted sheet though her response was likely lost once again in the continuing discussion. She waited until there was a lull and then expressed her opinion in a shaky voice, knowing it would be expected and wanting to get it out of the way. "I think if Mr. Starlequin was meanin' us harm he'd have come up with prettier lies to make us like him more. It's Mr. Bigglesworth that don't sit right with me. But what would I know about it?"

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. Bigglesworth stood there, holding Xandi's hand, listening to people accusing him of this horrible act.

"All I have ever done is try to to help, to make sure everybody had shelter, and a warm place to sleep.  I was in my cabin last night sleeping, just as the rest of you, at least all but one."  He was at a loss for words, his words caught a little in his throat: "One of us did this, but I assure you it wasn't me.  If you look into your hearts, can you really see me harming one of you?"

There was nothing else he had to say, he stepped a little closer to Xandi and listened...

Sasha

Sasha had moved off and found a lovely little cabin and after sweeping the thing out ....finding a nice spot to mount up each of her lovely hats . She had wore herself out for the night ....then again it might of been the reward system as well . For she had just about managed to empty that one little flask of potent home brewed whiskey she had found . So this morning she had awakened with a pounding in her lovely head that so far a kettle of coffee had not quite managed to cure .

Sipping the hot steamy liquid ....she had listened to the whale of a tale that Lord Mayerling was weaving . Did sound like a Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde sort of thing. Was it time to break out the garlic necklaces or was that to ward off vampires. As the yarn ended it took a turn that caused the pounding to increase ten fold  ...glancing over at Starlequin and the muffin man Ryven all she could think of was did the woods nearby maybe have some blue berries . Oh indeed the sweet taste of blueberries in a wonderful cake like goodness sounded heavenly right about now .

Seemed the sway of other chirping in all were pointing their finger at a gentleman named Bigglesworth ....who retorted quickly with a defense of ...it wasn't me . Seemed the finger pointing game was full on ...but  they now knew whose blood had been spilled on the ground it was the by whom that had been left up in the air now . Well more correctly ...if the tale be true they had a nasty hidden beast in their midst. Starlequin was always such a delightful strange type of character ...did that poor man say he cried himself to sleep .

"Well one might not be meaning to do us any harm ...Sir Bigglesworth...if that little yarn told by Lord Mayerling has any truth in it . Maybe you only think you slept through the night ?"  though an uneasy feeling crept up inside of her as she spoke and shiver ran down her spine . Really needed to start reading the fine print in these Elliquiy promoted vacations though this one at least no one had perished yet a step up from that luxury train ride a year or so back . Either way a note to herself was indeed needed to be made at this point .

Biting her lip ....she did have a pot of coffee in her hands ...." I ...brewed some coffee ...anyone in need of it this morning ?"  it was rather distasteful to be accusing anyone so early in the morning hours .  Maybe the rich brew would help clear their heads . Seriously were they really considering a werewolf might be amongst them ..pouring herself more coffee anyways. It was indeed time to wake up if nothing else go off and find some berries for those muffins .