Sci-fi ship crew ponder-topic

Started by ChaoticSky, December 24, 2009, 08:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaoticSky

Quote from: AthenaNude on December 25, 2009, 01:27:25 AM
Hmmm...okay, I admit I didn't expect that.   XD

How about a more toned-down female Space Marine?  One of several females who got kicked out of the Corps and joined the Sisterhood (as a result of some very nasty sexual escapades, perhaps).

My Super Soldier would not spit acid or be able to survive in the icy vacuum of space, but would still be pretty formidable and tough (as evidenced by her lack of much clothing or armor).  Her kind would have been designed as breeders, with huge breasts (that lactate as a result of the process) and gorgeous features.  Since the Imperium may have needed every fighter available to combat the aliens, you might have a good reason for them to have just thrown in the breeders as well, since they were part of the Super Soldier program and can still fight fairly well (think of cheap, expendable troops, like auxiliaries).  And if she's part of the Sisters then it would also work pretty much the same way.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

im sorry, but i do have to refuse that... female Marines do not exist, as the process used to create a Marine from a Ordinary person is heavily reliant on a genetic code of one of the Emperor's Sons, the Primarchs, each son had a Legion that was dedicated to them, and carries their gene-seed. those legions where later split up into many smaller Chapters and the primarchs are gone. but the process to create a marine relies heavily on hormone and gene therapy, keyed to happen at specific parts of the male genome and at specific stages of puberty. and they do not have breeders (generally, marines consider such activies below them, even the wildest), new marines are created from the most promising youths on the worlds they control, the fittest warriors from deathworlds, or the ablest criminals from Hive worlds, etc. but there are still plenty of possibilites we can discuss when i start the OOC.

but since no one seemed to read it the last few times i said it. let me say it again.
THIS IS NOT FOR CHARACTERS, I AM NOT ACCEPTING ANYONE OR ANYTHING, THIS IS FOR DISCUSSING THE IDEA ITS SELF, I WOULD LIKE YOUR THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS ON THE IDEA, SO I MIGHT SETTLE ON A VERSION THAT IS BEST FOR THE MOST PEOPLE. YOUR CHARACTERS, WHATEVER THEY MAY BE, SHOULD WAIT FOR THE OOC, WHERE I WILL EXPLAIN STUFF, AS IT IS, MOST OF YOU ARE SUGGESTING THINGS THAT WILL NOT WORK, OR SIMPLY DO NOT EXIST.
(im not blaming you, just wait untill i give all the facts in the OOC before coming up with character ideas, and you wont end up being disappointed later.)

as if yet, no one has even commented on any of the topics i wanted to discuss... Darkling is a sad DM :'(

@ carlissa; of course, the reason i plan to put this in Ex is so that anyone can do anything they want (except bathroom stuff! :P ), if you want to be pregant, thats fine, if you can find somone to knock you up, feel free. etc

@ most of you: awhile i will be accepting some aliens, keep in mind that humans, in general, are a extremely xenophobic (in the KILL THEM ALL! kinda way) bunch... im not going to have a whole bridge crew full of eldar, and certainly not DE! the Inquisition would be up my ass with a rusty pitchfork before you can say 'ave imperator'
so most of you should plan on making humans. like the genders, ill try to keep the number of humans and nonhumans equal, if not human-majority.
(though, with the way things are looking, i might end up having to make a mostly female crew XD)

if the idea is good as is, tell me so, and ill get around to making the OOC, where you *can* discuss characters and get accepted ^^

Kolbrandr

Well, I think the thing to take from so many concepts being proffered is that people are certainly cool with the basic ideas you mentioned as far as setting concept, rating for the game, and so forth.

If they didn't like the idea, people wouldn't be asking "can I play X in it", etc.

Silk

I'm interested in this also acting up as a Bisexual female, possibly a untouchable that was taken on as crew after a incident involving the eldar for protection (Anti psyker stuff is particularly handy against those guys after all)

Kolbrandr

I would suppose the main thing to ask, if you're wanting a more indepth analysis of things, are you both playing the captain and moving the plot along at the same time?

Imogen

As I stated before, I am not really familiar with this setting. I apologize for the premature enthusiasm in offering a character and kindly bow out of this discussion.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

ChaoticSky

indeed, being the captain, my ship goes where i want it to, making it easy for me to drive the plot. but other characters are invited to concoct their own miniplots and such.

the format i have in mind is rest>event>rest>event>etc. 'rest' will be us sitting in space, or in warp, basically time for the players to relax and enjoy themselves (and each other ;D !), while the events are the 'doing stuff' like investigating ruins, or a Spacehulk (floating mass of dead ships twisted together), or good old fashioned piracy, or fighting off pirates (or imperials!). some will be shipboard and others will involve us leaving the ship and going elsewhere.

@ imo; dont feel bad, i just wanted to bitchslap the topic... back on topic ^^, your welcome to join in once i get the OOC up

Tsakara

would the characters be able to push the plot in different directions then you plan? IE: crew wants to ignore the space ruins around the planet and go explore the surface type thing. Or would we basically be stuck doing what you said all the time?

Kolbrandr

Oh, as a general suggestion for providing setting info, there's this place: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page for setting information. Saves you having to type up the entire setting, you can always just link people to relevant bits instead.

ChaoticSky

@tsa; yes, i generally like RPs to flow well, and infact they often develop a life of their own ^^. so while ill push a certain way, there are always other possibilities, two chars might decide to skip the expedition and stay behind for quality schnookie, or take up a alternative task of their own. to a degree anyway, i expect orders to be followed, but my captain will be relatively laid back, and unless i specifically need someone, you could probably worm you way out of my 'events' with little or no repercussions.

@kol, i love that site ^^, and i was planning to use it to craft the OOC, but its not *complete* there is stuff that isnt on there, but it is a excellent source that id reccomend

Kolbrandr

Well, no, it's not complete by any means, but it's a decent guidepost for having accurate to the setting characters.

ChaoticSky

*nod*nod*

anyone have any other thoughts?

Tsakara

ChaoticSky

Craz

Rogue Trader? *perks up* Um...*rushes to fill out a character*