Recruiting: The Village of Whispers (Updated with rules - seeking all)

Started by Dariusfallenstar, February 24, 2014, 09:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dariusfallenstar

Wonderful! Welcome and we're excited to see what you come up with.

Shameless Reminder: We'd love some skilled/old hands on E to take Admin roles in the Dojo-Gym and the Tavern-Bar. Preferably at least one female, if not two. Yummy yoga/martial arts instructors are yummy.

CurvyKitten

I will get my character idea's up as soon as possible still figuring things out. Sorry for the wait.

Dariusfallenstar

Quote from: CurvyKitten on March 03, 2014, 01:20:24 AM
I will get my character idea's up as soon as possible still figuring things out. Sorry for the wait.

No worries Curvy, you aren't holding the start date back. I'm just keeping everyone up to date.

Dariusfallenstar

Thread updated with a current character/type count at the top.

CurvyKitten

I do have a question, if I make a tempter how is your wanting us to hide their status or just lie?LOL 

Dariusfallenstar

Good question!

Additional Tempter Notes
If you are making a "Tempter" Character, you will PM an Admin (me, for the time being) and we will discuss the Tempter's type and role. Tempter's can be as 3-dimensional as you want. In your character post for them conceal their true nature (at least until they are discovered as such!). This will include true corruption numbers and powers. And yes, Tempters can begin with some powers. No, Tempters cannot begin with secret knowledge :P They begin having been at the village for some time and may be out in the world OR in the village as they wish (moving normally). Tempters gain additional corruption/powers ONLY through corrupting others.

Of course, Tempters aren't here to take away people's fun or force them to do anything they don't want their characters to do, *no god moding through powers* and we'll enforce that pretty strictly. Tempters will be expected to PM would-be victims if they are using special powers that might be seen as god-modey for approval. We encourage all would-be Tempters to choose powers that speak to specific vices or virtues, rather than direct "make you angry" or "make you want teh sexings."

Naturally, players who know other players have Tempters are expected to respect the veil of secrecy, until their characters specifically realize it!

Kimmy

What kind of powers are suitable here? I looked in the character thread but there isn't really any powers listed yet. A few examples would really help get in line behind what your thinking. I can imagine minor forms of telepathy - like knowing someone's desires would suit. But it's a pretty vague thing. Do people transform in the village? Can you develop a power over clothing - moving it or even altering it to suit your mood? Or are the powers more like the emotional influences & based around people's moods?
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Dariusfallenstar

Quote from: kimmy on March 04, 2014, 06:41:50 AM
What kind of powers are suitable here? I looked in the character thread but there isn't really any powers listed yet. A few examples would really help get in line behind what your thinking. I can imagine minor forms of telepathy - like knowing someone's desires would suit. But it's a pretty vague thing. Do people transform in the village? Can you develop a power over clothing - moving it or even altering it to suit your mood? Or are the powers more like the emotional influences & based around people's moods?

I really want to develop example powers based on how people are playing the game (which is why there are so few/no examples so far). But here are my current thoughts:

1 point powers slow aging, make minor personal/cosmetic changes, help you influence others
2 point powers are more dramatic and can include very small manipulations of objects or elements
3 point powers could give you insight into a character's virtues and vices or allow you to manipulate them with greater ease (but be careful! no god mode! work everything out with the person via PM if you're uncertain). They could also greatly expand 1 point abilities or simply enhance 2 pointers.
4 point powers and you start getting into lesser marvel superhero abilities - greatly accelerated healing, etc.
5 point powers influence an area in a way that isn't just cosmetic or are useful in ranged attacks or manipulations
6 points - etc.

Dariusfallenstar

I added more language for power-planning (but no further concrete examples, yet).

Here it is, in a nutshell:

Example 1 Point Powers:

1 point powers are subtle and personal

Subtle in this context means: difficult to notice.
Personal: affecting your character

Example 2 Point Powers:

2 point powers are subtle and personal or may influence others/the area around you

Example 3 Point Powers:

3 point powers are discreet and personal

Discreet powers may be obvious, but if so they could be explained away (through technology, etc.)

Example 4 Point Powers:

4 point powers are discreet and personal or may influence others/the area around you

Example 5 Point Powers:

5 point powers are obvious and personal

No one mistakes a 5 point power as technology or Hollywood illusion. Well, few people would...

Example 6 Point Powers:

6 point powers are obvious and personal or may influence others/the area around you

Example 7 Point Powers:

7 point powers are impressive

Example 8 Point Powers:

8 point powers are awe-inspiring

Wargtass

Tempted for a Tempter. In what ways will they work with the Admins?
O/O

Dariusfallenstar

Quote from: Wargtass on March 04, 2014, 08:48:45 PM
Tempted for a Tempter. In what ways will they work with the Admins?

Tempters really won't work *with* the admins, although they can. It depends on the character you want to make. A tempter *might* pair with an Admin to earn favor or to work to corrupt/tempt a particularly stalwart soul.

CarnivorousBunny

For some reason e won't load on my computer so I can't really send in what I wrote :/ I am also very discouraged because writing posts on my phone or transferring my posts from my computer to my phone won't be much fun. But I have a backstory and everything already, so if e starts working on my computer again I shall send in my application.
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Dariusfallenstar

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on March 05, 2014, 06:21:15 AM
For some reason e won't load on my computer so I can't really send in what I wrote :/ I am also very discouraged because writing posts on my phone or transferring my posts from my computer to my phone won't be much fun. But I have a backstory and everything already, so if e starts working on my computer again I shall send in my application.

E won't load? Hrm. Clear your cookies and cache. Ensure you have no firewall setup. Try another browser. Reboot. Is this your personal PC or a work PC?

CarnivorousBunny

Quote from: Dariusfallenstar on March 05, 2014, 08:44:36 AM
E won't load? Hrm. Clear your cookies and cache. Ensure you have no firewall setup. Try another browser. Reboot. Is this your personal PC or a work PC?

Okay I think that clearing of stuff worked, but it's too soon to tell.  It's my personal computer.  It's just been weird for the past few days.  It's been running slower and having a hard time running certain programs.  Either way I will be sending a PM just in case my connection to E remains stable, hehe.
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Dariusfallenstar

Download Malware Bytes and CC Cleaner. Don't install any of the secondary/optional software (especially the toolbars!!!) and run both.

Dariusfallenstar

Looks like we need a few more lads to step up, though we've got room for all comers. If we can net 1 or 2 more gents (or Arkhos has time enough to get involved), I'll go ahead and start us off so we can all begin playing ;)

Wargtass

O/O

Dariusfallenstar

Quote from: Wargtass on March 05, 2014, 10:24:11 PM
I'll try one then!  ;D

Heck yeah. Good to have you, man. Feel free to go whichever direction you want. And if you have fun, make a secondary to tease everyone :P

Dariusfallenstar

We've had enough people express interest to start, but we don't have quite enough *approved* to do so. Therefore, we're still open for interested parties.

Dariusfallenstar

Update: Arkhos has had to pull out. We'll be open to another Admin if we want the game to expand. Otherwise, we've gotten close to ideal numbers to go ahead and start with just me.

Any votes? Start now, or wait for more?

Nymphadora

That's too bad.
I'd offer to help but I have a full load at the moment and really am not sure how to admin... ;-)

Is there a tempter now/yet?
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Nymphadora

Oooooohhhhh

Interesting!!  I forgot that tempters were possibly going to have hidden CS 
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Dariusfallenstar

Quote from: Nymphadora on March 10, 2014, 11:05:01 PM
Oooooohhhhh

Interesting!!  I forgot that tempters were possibly going to have hidden CS

Nymph, is your vote to go ahead and start now, and see who/if anyone joins?

Nymphadora

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review