Pokemon: Path of Destiny (Dark, realistic take on the series; 1 space left!)

Started by King Serperior, June 06, 2016, 09:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdwardShane

Quote from: King Serperior on June 06, 2016, 08:36:31 PM
*Hands Edward a Darkria plushie*  One free Darkria.

Either or, it doesn't matter.  Though, if you post it here, it will give other interested players a chance to take a look at what characters others have.  Once I have at least three other profiles approved, I'll make an OOC and Character Thread.

8D *happily accepts plushie of his all time favorite legendary that is unlikely to ever change anytime soon*

I'll post her up when I finish filling everything out, then.  Hopefully I won't need to make too many edits...

Wispyr

I... You... Why... I...

Dammit. I just told myself: "You know Wispyr, this new game of yours is so huge, I don't think you can do anything else. But that's okay." And then you have to go and launch something that I've been looking for since I joined Elliquiy. I can't even begin to describe my levels of joyous frustration at you.

I simply can not pass this by. It can not be. I must.

So with that note, before I go on filling out this sheet (I get to use art I commissioned ages ago but have not used since I got it... Holy crap.. o.O) I need to ask about your "Only trainers" ruling. Not that I don't plan to be a trainer... But traditionally this character is run as a breeder first, trainer second. I don't know if you want to get involved in all of that, and if not that's totally fine it isn't needed. Just... A dream :P

King Serperior

Quote from: Wispyr on June 06, 2016, 08:42:36 PM
I... You... Why... I...

Dammit. I just told myself: "You know Wispyr, this new game of yours is so huge, I don't think you can do anything else. But that's okay." And then you have to go and launch something that I've been looking for since I joined Elliquiy. I can't even begin to describe my levels of joyous frustration at you.
I'm...sorry?  But not actually sorry?  >.>
I simply can not pass this by. It can not be. I must.
Glad to have you with us!
So with that note, before I go on filling out this sheet (I get to use art I commissioned ages ago but have not used since I got it... Holy crap.. o.O) I need to ask about your "Only trainers" ruling. Not that I don't plan to be a trainer... But traditionally this character is run as a breeder first, trainer second. I don't know if you want to get involved in all of that, and if not that's totally fine it isn't needed. Just... A dream :P
You had some commissioned art?  Wow!  That's something I hope to one day have the spare money to have one made for me for this kind of game!

That said, by 'Trainer' I mean someone who has Pokemon companions and travels the region to follow their dream, be it exploring, taking on Gym Challenges, being a breeder, or engaging in Contests.  So, a Pokemon breeder is perfect!  After all, in this rather violent, realistic setting where Pokemon can be seriously injured and even die, a Pokemon Breeder would have the medical knowledge to help them.

So, in that case, do you have any other questions?  Besides being a breeder, do you have an idea about your character and their Pokemon?  Remember, you can have between one and three.  If you wanted to start with just a Tepig, you could.

Quote from: EdwardShane on June 06, 2016, 08:40:17 PM
8D *happily accepts plushie of his all time favorite legendary that is unlikely to ever change anytime soon*

I'll post her up when I finish filling everything out, then.  Hopefully I won't need to make too many edits...
No problem.  Just post when you can.  By the way, I think I am most fond of the Regi-Trio as Legendaries.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

EdwardShane

The regi trio is pretty badass, yeah.  Out of all the trios, they're probably my favorite as well.  The fact of the cool puzzles you have to go through in order to even get to them in the first place really helps my opinion.  It was like something of a throwback to the Ruins of Alph in GSC to get to them, which was one of my favorite parts of those games.

Wispyr

I do, have art I mean, actually I have several commissions done of... Numerous numbers of my characters from various games / settings. >.>

As for the team, I'm currently working on that now. Looking over some old info... So I'll get back to you on that. No other questions currently though, I think that your pointing thing makes pretty solid sense. I shall return... soonish!

*I lied, one question. Fully evolved Pokemon are 6 regardless if they are 2 stage or 3 stage evolved? IE a Marowak costs 6 the same as a Nidoking?

King Serperior

Quote from: Wispyr on June 06, 2016, 08:59:16 PM
I do, have art I mean, actually I have several commissions done of... Numerous numbers of my characters from various games / settings. >.>
That is actually pretty awesome!
As for the team, I'm currently working on that now. Looking over some old info... So I'll get back to you on that. No other questions currently though, I think that your pointing thing makes pretty solid sense. I shall return... soonish!

*I lied, one question. Fully evolved Pokemon are 6 regardless if they are 2 stage or 3 stage evolved? IE a Marowak costs 6 the same as a Nidoking?
In most cases, you would be correct.  In your example, you would be right in that Marowak and Nidoking would be 6 points.  However, there are some exceptions:

For four points, you can get Single Stage Pokemon (Ex.  Druddigon, Miltank, and Lapras), Fully-Evolved Early Bug types (Beedrill, Dustox, Vespiquen, and Mothim/Wormadam;  No one seriously wants a Combee or a Weedle, right?), Gyarados/Milotic (Who seriously wants Magikarp or Feebas?), and Eeveelutions (Jolteon, Espeon, and Sylveon).

Those are the exceptions to the 6-point rule for fully evolved Pokemon.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Wispyr

Sweet. Good to know. Things brings up... Price check!

Ralts, Abra, Torchic. If I had to guess I'd say 2/4/4.. But I wanna confirm first.

King Serperior

Those three would add up to six, most assuredly!  Of course, do note that unless your character specially trained the Abra specifically for battle, it'll only know Teleport until it evolves.  Other than that, a fine team there!

Quote from: EdwardShane on June 06, 2016, 08:55:32 PM
The regi trio is pretty badass, yeah.  Out of all the trios, they're probably my favorite as well.  The fact of the cool puzzles you have to go through in order to even get to them in the first place really helps my opinion.  It was like something of a throwback to the Ruins of Alph in GSC to get to them, which was one of my favorite parts of those games.
*nods*  Indeed.  I love all Pokemon puzzles....except for Gen 4's Ice Gym snowball one.  >.<

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wispyr

Reeeeealllllly. -Chin taps- Interesting. Okay! While I work all of that out... You do bring up a good thing that I didn't see (I don't think I missed it, anyway)...

How are you planning to handle moves known / level / evolution / stuff tied to general game mechanics. If players are allowed to have up to 2 badges from their home region, that'd suggest that their lineup has at least - or can have - some experience behind them.

Also abilities. Are these being used at all?

King Serperior

The way this will work is that the trainers and their Pokemon will have some experience before coming to this region.  They would have to as this region is, by far, more dangerous than the others and the League is far tougher as a result.  However, unlike the games, I plan to give a little more leeway in regards to the moves and evolution of Pokemon.  There are no levels and you aren't stuck with just four moves.  In fact, if you are feeling risky, you can even attempt to combine moves!  For example:

Let's say you have a Ponyta and you have it use Bounce to dodge an attack.  Then, while it falls, you have it use Flame Charge so it falls as a flaming meteor!  Or if you are fighting in an area with lots of water, have a Pokemon use a fire attack to create a steam screen for escape or attack.

That said, be reasonable in what sort of moves your Pokemon may know.  They won't know every move from the very start of the game.  Sure, your Rhyhorn might know Megahorn, but that doesn't mean it knows other powerful moves of the sort.  For example, my character's Golett knows Shadow Punch and Fire Punch, but it won't know every move it can learn.  Also, TMs and HMs don't exist, but make it make sense for a Pokemon to use moves.  Scyther and Heracross can carry their trainer and fly somewhere, but a Pidgey cannot despite the game saying otherwise.

Basically, it's about common sense and creativity.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

EdwardShane

Name: Rosanna Harris (goes by Rose)
Orientation: Bisexual
Home Region: Unova
Team: Tynamo: This little electric eel is rather energetic, seemingly being incapable of holding still for any length of time.  She is usually quite friendly, but becomes fiercely aggressive towards anything or anyone obviously seeking to harm Rose or her teammates. She throws everything she has at any transgressors.
Zubat: This bat is quite alert, constantly keeping tabs on his surroundings as well as who and what is nearby.  He prefers to utilize hit and run tactics in a fight, and seems to be mistrustful of anyone who isn't Rose.  He will, however, at least seem to give those Rose trusts a chance.
Zorua: A slightly skittish little fox, Zorua is a bit shy around strangers and will generally try to hide behind Rose when unfamiliar people are around.  He also resorts to this hiding tactic if something startles him.  He won't back down from a fight if need be, but generally would rather not resort to violence unless Rose deems it necessary.  He tends to have bouts of depression whenever he feels like he fails his trainer, even if she never sees things that way.
Personality:  If Rose were to choose a single word to describe herself with, it would be 'confident.'  Other people, on the other hand, might argue that arrogant, cocky, or overconfident would fit better.  Regardless of how one might view her, she does have a strong sense of justice that might border on zealous, and will not hesitate to act on that sense if and when the need or chance arises.  She can have a bit of attitude from time to time, though she generally means well.  She certainly does want what's best for those around her, and she tends to worry more about other people than she does herself.  She also has troubles sharing her own issues with others, not desiring to have anyone worry about her.
Biography:  Rose's past was a bit of a shady one, with her having joined Team Plasma during their initial rise once she was old enough to be recruited.  It certainly didn't help that her father was one of the higher ranking members.  Not exactly as important as their lord N, Ghetsis, or any of the sages, but he had a pretty good standing within the group.  As such, she, like many of the other members of Plasma, were stunned by the defeat of N and Ghetsis' betrayal of the reason a good number of them signed on for.

On learning this, she and her father had differing views.  He remained loyal to Ghetsis, but she was repulsed by the revelations and renounced Team Plasma altogether.  Now seeing and understanding that what they had been doing was wrong all along, she gathered what stolen Pokemon she could and began trying to return them to their rightful owners.  For the most part, she managed to be successful, and readily accepted what ire came her way.  It was well deserved in her mind, though for the most part the trainers were just relieved to be reunited with their beloved Pokemon.

However, of the fifteen or so she managed to grab and try to return, there were three Pokemon she couldn't find the owners of.  After trying for a good while, she eventually tried to release them into the wild.  They all refused to leave her side.  It seemed that the Zorua, Zubat, and Tynamo had bonded with her during that time they traveled with her, and they would prove to be invaluable partners and friends.  During the second rise of Plasma, her father attempted to forcibly bring her back into Ghetsis' ranks, and she struggled to simply stay a step ahead of him and the lackeys he sent to retrieve her, barely managing to fight the ones that caught her off with her team.

These struggles led to increasing desperation on Rose's end, as it constantly felt like a trap was closing around her.  One day, though, she overheard a rumor of a new region opening up, one that had recently been ravaged by war.  Given how close the past few Plasma encounters had been, she signed up to take the first trip over there, hoping to wind up finding a new life that she didn't have to worry about her father's shadow looming over her...any other potential issues be damned, she'd take anything over being forced to work with Plasma again.
Bag Contents:  A personal tent, 10 Pokeballs, 5 Potions, some Pokemon food, a flashlight with a spare set of batteries, three day's worth of emergency rations, one and three-quarters packs of cigarettes, a lighter, and a thermos filled with water.
Ons/Offs: O/O's

King Serperior

Oh, a runaway from Team Plasma, eh?  Now that is a concept I certainly never expected!  Sadly, the organization I have in mind for Tokai's blight makes Plasma seem like a schoolyard argument.  >.>

That said, I am liking the character and I have a feeling that her experience with Plasma may be helpful in a region that is just recovering from a war.  I also really like Tynamo, though giving its all is only four moves until it evolves!  :P 

Also, you have reminded me that I need to add some food for Koga's bag as well!  Before I give the approval stamp, if I so may ask:  Would you say that she got on the boat to Tokai around the end of Plasma's second coming?  The trip from the nearest region is about two weeks.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

LSWSjr

I'll swing by with an application later today :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

EdwardShane

I'm just full of surprises today, aren't I? XD

Yeah, towards the end seems about right for what I imagined.  They're not beaten yet, but it would be closer to the end of B2/W2's timeline.  By the time she arrived in the new region, though, Ghetsis would likely have been beaten for the second time is what I feel would be the case if it's a two week trip at the very least.  Assuming, of course, that you're all right with all of that.

King Serperior

Quote from: LSWSjr on June 06, 2016, 10:19:46 PM
I'll swing by with an application later today :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
Hey!  Haven't seen you about in a while!  Glad to see some interest here.  Do you have any questions?  Perhaps a character concept in mind?

Quote from: EdwardShane on June 06, 2016, 10:20:05 PM
I'm just full of surprises today, aren't I? XD

Yeah, towards the end seems about right for what I imagined.  They're not beaten yet, but it would be closer to the end of B2/W2's timeline.  By the time she arrived in the new region, though, Ghetsis would likely have been beaten for the second time is what I feel would be the case if it's a two week trip at the very least.  Assuming, of course, that you're all right with all of that.
That you are.  :P

*Nods*  By my estimate, she would have left only a couple of days before the BW2 protagonists were assaulted at Opelucid City when Plasma covered the city in ice.  By the time she arrives in Tokai, Plasma would have been defeated.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

EdwardShane

Quote from: King Serperior on June 06, 2016, 10:30:34 PM
That you are.  :P

*Nods*  By my estimate, she would have left only a couple of days before the BW2 protagonists were assaulted at Opelucid City when Plasma covered the city in ice.  By the time she arrives in Tokai, Plasma would have been defeated.

That works for me if it works for you!

LSWSjr

Good, haven't gamed with you in forever :)

My only question was is there a 2 point Flying type that could support an adult trainer?

I'm thinking of submitting a breeder with a large flying type, an Eevee and a Shinx :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

EdwardShane

The only one I think miiiight fit that is Doduo?  But I dunno if that actually works, either for KS or for what you're looking for >.<

King Serperior

Quote from: EdwardShane on June 06, 2016, 10:31:52 PM
That works for me if it works for you!
Great!

Quote from: LSWSjr on June 06, 2016, 10:44:46 PM
Good, haven't gamed with you in forever :)

My only question was is there a 2 point Flying type that could support an adult trainer?

I'm thinking of submitting a breeder with a large flying type, an Eevee and a Shinx :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
Indeed!  Glad we have another chance here!

I like the idea of a second breeder.  You may want to speak with Wispyr as he's going for one as well, but two breeders are never a bad thing!

That said, a large flying type for two points.  There's not any unless you want Doduo (It and Dodrio can't fly at all, but they can jump really high so it feels like you're flying!).  For four points, you could go with a Scyther, Skarmory, Tropius, Ledian, or Vespiquen.  You could go for a Gligar for 2 points, but flight would be rather awkward and slow until it evolves.  Most other flying types who are large enough to carry someone are fully evolved, like Pidgeot or Drifblim.

Okay, once we have a couple more character profiles, I'll set up the OOC and Character Thread.

Players:

• King Serperior
  • la dame en noir (waiting on character)
  • EdwardShane
  • Wispyr (waiting on character)
  • LSWSjr (waiting on character)
  • Last Spot Open!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

EdwardShane

But...but Doduo and Dodrio can fly!*  :P

*Note, actually not arguing, just wanted to share those mental images...

King Serperior

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 06, 2016, 11:01:33 PM
I'm EXHAUSTED! But I should have my character pretty soon.
Not to worry and no rush.  Just place your character when you're ready.   :-)
Quote from: EdwardShane on June 06, 2016, 11:03:24 PM
But...but Doduo and Dodrio can fly!*  :P

*Note, actually not arguing, just wanted to share those mental images...
I've seen those before.  Sadly, I kind of doubt that would actually work.  :P

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

la dame en noir

What would the points be at if I go withhh

Marshtomp, Froakie, and Torchic?
A&A | FxF |

EdwardShane

I think that would be 8?

Make Marshstomp a Mudkip instead, though...

la dame en noir

Talked to him about it earlier, hes fine with me having a Marshtomp.
A&A | FxF |