News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Me,You and an Rp

Started by SleepyFanO, September 26, 2010, 04:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyFanO

Alright,seeing as approval is gonna take awhile,why not get some rping done?I don't care what kind of story or how many people want to join.
The story we can come up with as we go along.Or we can make it simple,like Romance,something like Fantasy etc. etc.

Alice the mad

Hello, SleepyFanO :3
I have posted a few ideas for rp in my thread, would there be any of those you are interested in playing?  id love to hear ideas you have about what kind of dynamic you are looking for between characters.

SleepyFanO

Well hey you.:)

Well I checked through your thread and I thought about each..but I'm not so sure I'll be doing anything Buffy related but only because I don't know much about it.

Your last one sounds kinda interesting,and I like the components of the Fifth Element..so maybe we could give that a try.

As far as Dynamic goes..I want there to be a close,and well interactive relationship between characters,something others can read and relate to or feel empowered or inspired by.

Alice the mad

Really, im not looking for someone to strictly stay to the Buffy bible on that one since its really not a pairing that would happen and a certain amount of creative room is desired and necessary to make it work. 

I am really interested in what kind of setting you would be interested in for that last idea.  It can be set in present time or future or past, i personally dont have a preference.  Forgive me as i am not particularly familiar with forum RP, so i dont know what etiquette is called for in whom comes up with the setting or character backgrounds. 

SleepyFanO

Well I can't say I've come across an rp Forum that requires some form of etiquette in terms of locale and setting overall.But I think something futuristic would be abit more fitting,although doing it in the present could yield in some interesting results.

But I dont mind any setting we decided to set on,but most preferably I'd say future.

Would you want others in on this or a one on one cooperation?

Alice the mad

Future does sound like a easier to work with setting.  I caught a glimpse of a Transmetropolitan comic book on my desk and wanted to ask if youre familiar with the series because i think that the setting would lend itself well to the story.  Pretty much a futuristic city not all too different from the one in the Fifth Element, but lacking flying cars. 

While i would like to play with a group, Id like to try a one on one rp first so that i can get used to the forum format.  If the story really draws us in, i dont see why others couldnt be sought out later on to join.  What do you think?

SleepyFanO

Transmetropolitian sounds familiar..but I doubt any memory of it lingers on anywhere.Mind giving me a light briefing?That should better help give me  a strong insight on just what you want from this one on one.

Mkay,so then good!We can start of one on one,then eventually if it grows promising we can do the group thing.Great.

Alice the mad

I would post a picture from the comic since the style lends itself well to instant recognition but im not sure if i am allowed to post links or pictures without being approved.  I would recommend doing a quick google images peek to see if it jogs your memory.  I think the best way that i can describe the city is it is a very urban set in about the 23rd or 24th century and the locals all have a sort of post cyberpunk feel to them.  The city is overpopulated and over saturated by media and advertisements wherever you look, almost overwhelming the senses.  It is a melting pot of different cultures and even more subcultures, not to mention all of the different belief structures and lifestyles all happening at once and occasionally bumping heads because of it.  Technology has grown to the point that only a small percent of the population isnt linked to the world in one digital means or another by way of communication technology engineered on a close to bio-technology kind of level. 

Did you have any ideas as to specifics of your character you wanted to play?

SleepyFanO

Hm,wow that sounds pretty darn good.I could totally work with that.And we would be the main protagonists right?Playing the key roles?This could totally work.

Uhm..as far as my character goes,I want someone whose reluctant to make charges in life and lives a daily life but finds it boring to no end.He's by no means a hero,but something courageous and will to support the Female character in whichever situation follows.I'd like for him to be cooperative,so that we can build a closer relationship together.

But what do you have in mind for your own character?I might just adjust my character depending on how your own character stands.

Alice the mad

For some reason, the description you gave sounds very much like Wes from 'Wanted'.  Is that somewhat accurate? 

I was thinking that my character is somewhat displaced, waking up in the city with no recollection of who or what she is, only knowing that when she sees humans in distress, she feels an overwhelming obligation to help.  She is fascinated by human habits and emotions and thus finds wonder in even the most mundane of tasks.  I was trying to think of how they meet and i wanted to know what your thoughts were.  I was wondering if you wanted to begin the RP at the moment that they meet or beforehand? 

SleepyFanO

Oh wow your  right..it does sound like him.Well..thats maybe because I find that lifestyle interesting..its good to have a character like that..its sort of Dynamic.

Our characters actually do good together.Hm..I think we should start with us meeting up?And from then on we could take it from there.

Alice the mad

For sure i thought that it was a good choice of character on your part.  I sort of do fancy the idea of being the cat in the hat of sorts and bringing the fun in ^_^ 

Alright, than i guess all to come up with now is how and where they meet?  Should it be something where she just mysteriously shows up on his fire escape or something more action geared?

SleepyFanO

Well what can I say,I love character development and putting the character into his perfect scene.

We could have him and her meet on the fire escape,in some wierd kind of encounter leading to action?

Alice the mad

The only thing that immediately springs to mind is that she is trying to escape pursuers (a gang, perhaps?) and winds up scaling up to his fire escape in an attempt to get away from them.  I am not sure how to really tie the action into that afterward, so im hoping you have some ideas?

SleepyFanO

Yeah I was thinking of something like that.And then they follow her and begin to climb the fire escape?Maybe leading to a hit and run scene where we'd have to fight and try to run out the building?Maybe it could be raining too..?Something to set the mood of a stranded girl on a stressed out employees fire escape kind of scene?

Alice the mad

Yes, i like this idea, but it leads me to wonder where they run to?  There has to be some kind of safehouse for them to be running to.  Sounds like a good opportunity to show a bit of the extra-ordinary abilities she has just to give him the sense that there is something not exactly normal about her. 

SleepyFanO

Well maybe they can find refuge or something in an alley or something abandoned?That way they can be secluded and then my character can go on to question her otherwordly abilities.

Alice the mad

I think that sounds like a pretty solid place to start.  Was there anything else you wanted to address before we begin?  I was also wondering when you would like to start

SleepyFanO

Well we can get started as soon as today if you want.Its no big.

Alice the mad

That sounds good ^_^  do we have to move it to another thread?

SleepyFanO

Mhm.I'm pretty sure we have to make a new thread.You should do it since its your story,and I'd rather let you take the credit.Sound fine?

Alice the mad

Alright, setting it up now. I'll post a link when its done *wink*

SleepyFanO

Good good.Can't wait haha.:)

Alice the mad

k, started the thread.  named it "out of nowhere"

SleepyFanO

Haha ^^
I'll go check it out now.