Diablo III xbox issue with battle.net

Started by Viper, May 05, 2015, 05:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viper

Does anyone know how to connect the xbox live to battle.net for online mode? I set up an account, and it says its linked to my xbox live account....but i go to my xbox and its tells me i still have to do the process of connecting it. Im pissed, frustrated, and the fucking support for battle.net might as well be an absent celestial being from a paralell dimensiim.

Twisted Crow

At the rist of sounding like Microsoft technical support (I have and XB1 and D3 as well).... did you try restarting the game? I had to restart my game entirely on my One for it to update for me. :-/

Also, to my knowledge I thought all linking your account gave you was a legendary item? You can't do online play?

Viper

Yeah, i even restarted my xbox as well. But i thought connecting to battle.net gave one the ability to playvwith other players online, sorta like d2?

Twisted Crow

As far as I know... you can play online as long as you have  Xbox Gold. Battle.net only gave me a legendary ring. If you want to experiment with this, i'd be happy to help see if you can play online with others (assuming we are talking about the One, I'm pretty sure that's the case, since my 360 didn't have this option). Again, it's up to you. I have a page of other advice to try if you can't.

Or I can hunt for links. Hard to do on my browser, but I will try for a fellow player.

Viper

I have livw gold and xbox 360 and it gives me the option of battle.net, and player, i can even choose what region i want or if i want to stay local.

Twisted Crow

Oh. In that case... I'm not sure what the problem is. I'll try to look into it for you, though.

On the bottom of the screen in hero selection there should be an option to open your game up to Friends, Open to All, Invite Only, etc. I think it was privacy settings or Lobby settings or something like that. The back button on the hero screen, I think?

edit: I think it was Back button on the controller for "Network Settings"

Twisted Crow

Yeah... try that. The region settings are only for matchmaking purposes when you decide to go online. To go online, go to Network settings on your hero selection screen (whichever button is beside that on the bottom part of the screen) and it should let you play online to all, friends only, etc.

Viper

I did that, but my issue is, is that on my battle.net account on my computer is connected to my xbox windows live account, but on the battle.net side, none of my characters, gamertag, or the fact that i have diablo 3 is on there. *Growls*

Twisted Crow

Hmmm. I have to check and see if I have that on my profile. I haven't even looked at my Battle.net account in ages. I don't know if Battle.net even updated that for me, but I just know that I have had no problems playing online as far as I remember prior to linking my account. Not sure if Battle.net is bugging out on 360 info or not. I'll check my account, as soon as I remember my password to that account, that is... :\

Sorry if I have not been helpful. 360 and One seem like different beasts for this little situation. :-)

Viper

What pisses me off is that there is no way to contact battle.net. But i appreciate your dedicated replies and trying to help me XD. Im just a bit pissy with battle.net since ivw soent two days trying.

Twisted Crow

To be honest, I didn't really want to link my account that bad...  I just did so because why not. I'm not familiar with Battle.net's support or customer service. But I'm sorry. If I find anything I'll let you know, unless someone else finds an answer before I do. And its no problem at all. I try to be helpful. :-)

Viper

Thank you very much Crow! Sorry for the slow responses im on my phone, but your more help then that damn problem simulator on battle.net, i almost chucked my computer.

Twisted Crow

Heh. I understand. I'm having to do this E thang over phone and Xbone Internet Explorer, I miss my PC. When I have a solution I'll bring it to you here. In the meantime, if you want to shoot the breeze while I play tech support... feel free to PM me if you want. :'D

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Viper on May 05, 2015, 05:21:24 PM
Does anyone know how to connect the xbox live to battle.net for online mode? I set up an account, and it says its linked to my xbox live account....but i go to my xbox and its tells me i still have to do the process of connecting it. Im pissed, frustrated, and the fucking support for battle.net might as well be an absent celestial being from a paralell dimensiim.

Have you talked with Blizzard support?  I am sure they have experts that answer this question all the time.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Viper

I tried that, it sends you right back to battle.net and there is no phone nor chat to contact a human being in some way, the forums offer no help and the troubleshooter is a piece of crap. It just sends you to "helpful articles" that don't help this particular problem.

The Dark Raven

What's your error code?

There are countless threads in the support forum that you can dig through with a simple search.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/search?q=xbox+live&f=post&forum=5386227

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Viper

There is no error code. I set up the battle.net account, I linked it successfully with my xbox live account, but when I look at my battle.net, none of my D3 characters or profile show up where they are supposed to be. When I go to my xbox, it still says "go to battle.net/xbox to create a free account and claim your legendary prize" So even though its linked, something between battle.net and my xbox live isn't connecting.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Viper on May 06, 2015, 01:02:38 PM
There is no error code. I set up the battle.net account, I linked it successfully with my xbox live account, but when I look at my battle.net, none of my D3 characters or profile show up where they are supposed to be. When I go to my xbox, it still says "go to battle.net/xbox to create a free account and claim your legendary prize" So even though its linked, something between battle.net and my xbox live isn't connecting.

Have you double checked that it is indeed linked through your battle.net account online?  All my subscriptions show in the Blizzard login (which is a RealID).  Everything is tied into the RealID anymore.

Viper

Can you link me to RealID? I think I have seen it, but that is something I have yet to try, so why not right?! :)

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Viper on May 06, 2015, 01:06:54 PM
Can you link me to RealID? I think I have seen it, but that is something I have yet to try, so why not right?! :)

It should be a name, followed by a poundsign and a 4 digit number.  It is set up in battle.net and should be attached to your Blizzard account.  If you log in in the forums or to your account on D3/WoW, etc., it should be there.

Example being:  Johndoe#1111

If you have not set up a RealID yet (which they have been pushing for at least 2 years now), that may be the root of your entire problem.  They had mentioned when they started pushing it that it would eventually be the preferred/only way to get into one's accounts.

Verasaille

Pretty sure you can get the same result with a battletag, which does not give your real name. More secure that way. Set it up on battlenet.com also you may need to restart battlenet to get it to register. But not always.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Verasaille on May 06, 2015, 01:36:01 PM
Pretty sure you can get the same result with a battletag, which does not give your real name. More secure that way. Set it up on battlenet.com also you may need to restart battlenet to get it to register. But not always.

Battletag is now called a RealID (battletag was the old battle.net system used with WC3/SC).

Viper

I have the battle tag, but ill create a realID and see if that works.

Bloodied Porcelain

Viper,

Did you ever submit a ticket to Blizzard? Their phone number basically just tells you to submit a ticket online. Generally the shortest turn around time on a ticket is 15 hours, longest is about 48 hours. Sometimes when you're going through the ticket submission process, it will give you an option to request a call back... those usually only taken an hour or two for you to hear back on. Sadly, over the past few years it seems Blizzard has gone to hell in the tech support/customer support arena. Used to be that you could find their number on their website and have an answer within an hour max (on high volume days/hours). Also, have you contacted XBOX live support? This may not be a problem with Blizzard, it could be an issue with XBL.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Viper

Every time I try to submit a ticket, it sends me to this drop box thing where it tries to narrow down your issues with two questions and then says 'here are some helpful links that might have something pertaining to your issue' (not the exact words obviously) but I cant figure out how to submit one with my particular issue.