Pimp some good new music.

Started by Ramael, June 29, 2010, 12:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramael

Created partially for my own benefit, also for the benefit of others here on E!.

Sell the best new music you're listening to at the moment - has to have been released in the past month or so. I need to experience some new tracks, I'm just listening to the Gorillaz Plastic Beach album at the moment, which is fairly new, but probably the most recent music I'm listening to.

Feel free to sell it anyway you can. Discussion encouraged.

O8)

Aiden

I have been listening to Slash's new album that just came out this year (The guitarist from GnR) and I am really digging it.

Lots of guest singers and him rocking out the guitar.

Slash - By the Sword (ft. Andrew Stockdale of Wolfmother) [BRAND NEW!!!] [HQ]

Crucify the Dead - Slash feat. Ozzy Osbourne

Promise - Slash feat. Chris Cornell

Slash - Nothing To Say (Featuring M. Shadows)

These are just a few, the entire CD is amazing, these are just my favorites.

Ramael

Delphic - Acolyte

Great new dance music from Manchester.

Mike PattonĀ“s Mondo Cane-08- Deep Deep Down

More genius, from the Patton machine, this time Italian flavoured. The guy went back to visit his folks in Italy, found some Italian pop songs from the 50's, put his own spin on them and released an album with a massive  band and orchestra.

(I'll admit this is a little older than "current" but it's still genius.)

Dizzi

This song came out today.

t

this one a few weeks ago:
n

Ramael

I love the first one. Very much. Reminds me of The Knife quite a lot.

Who IS she? IamamIwhoamI?

Dizzi

iamamiwhoami is Jonna Lee (Or at least, that's the popular consensus.).  It was revealed because during some of the teaser videos she is in mud etc.  and a few weeks before those came out she tweeted "Out to go roll around in some mud today' with a pic showing a pool filled with a liquid almost exactally like the stuff used in one of the videos.  (Note: the tweet is not exactly what she said.  I was paraphrasing)

Ramael

Yeah I just wiki'd her. Brilliant concept and execution. Just enough creepy, as well, with that MTV reporter receiving an anonymous package with a lock of blonde hair? Great stuff!

That video came out today, you say? That's uh...big news, then? Another chapter in the mystery of the Mandrake woman.

Wyrd

New Blind Guardian single finally got release last week. Here are to of the songs of the EP

Blind Guardian - A Voice In The Dark

Blind Guardian - You're The Voice (John Farnham cover)

The new album gets released on July 30 :-D
Ragtime Dandies!

electrichigh

Ok he's not new but not well known. Frank Turner. Holy shit go listen NOW NOW NOW. He opened for two of the six Green Day shows I went to in the last two weeks and he was AMAZING.  Honestly go youtube Frank Turner - The Road, Try This At Home and Poetry of the Deed. The man is phenominal.