Marvel Apocalypse - (Interest Check)

Started by Veluux, October 28, 2012, 12:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madriv

I'd like to put in for Loki  (minus any telepathic/psionic powers), unless he's too over the top. Otherwise, put me down for Morbius (to mess with Blade) or Madcap (to mess with Deadpool).

;)

Vaulera

So yeah, make that Blade instead of Magnus. I feel obligated to play some sort of female character or another, so I'm open to suggestions and I'll keep looking for one that I would like.

Kuroneko

Quote from: Madmartigan on October 29, 2012, 01:48:44 PM
I'd like to put in for Loki  (minus any telepathic/psionic powers), unless he's too over the top. Otherwise, put me down for Morbius (to mess with Blade) or Madcap (to mess with Deadpool).

;)

*glomps Mad*
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

apygoos

I have an OC id like to use, as ive never been abel to sue what i have set up for him in the marvel universe yet. As for a canon character I Dunno who id settle on yet

Name: Jacob Wheatly
Alias: Mid-Knight
Identity: Secret
Bio[marvel universe]: Jake Wheatly is the boy billionaire who saw through his parents more sinister goals and acts against Xaviers School for Gifted Youngsters and exposed it to the world, sending them to jail, and getting control of Wheatly Enterprises itself. Since then he has been able to continue its prosperity.

While he himself has no powers he used his money to buy the equipment needed to sitll be able to make a difference in a world of super criminals. He joined the Avengers Academy under the alias Mid-Knight and underwent training from Captain America [Steve Rodgers] and Hawkeye [Agent Clint Barton], as well as working on gadget/tech design with Tony Stark while on that team. After a time he broke off to work alone. He still keeps his ties to his friends in the Avengers, and the X-Men as well making various bonds in both teams. Should they ever need him, he wont hesitate to respond

Powers/abilities/equipment:while he has no powers his suit and gear are of a design that he worked with Tony Stark to develop.
-Mask:His mask looks fairly simple as it acts to protect his identity, but it gives him a HUD that allows himt o acess various files at will should he need them be they from SHIELD, local police, FBI. The mask also give him Xray, Thermal and night vision that he can toggle at will.

-Knightarangs: a boomerang/shuriken like device that he can use to accuratly throw for various utilities such as cutting a line, disarming foes or perhaps even just a distraction. Theese also have explosive, sonic and electro variants.

-Fighting staff/batons: In the back of his utility belt he carries a staff that extends to about 7 feet in length, which could also be split in half and uses as batons should eh activate the feature. Either end sports electrical nodes that eh can activate for added utility for taking down tougher foes.

-Bolas

-smoke bombs

-Grappling hooks

-suit/cape/cowl: aside from the armor plating underneath, the suit itself is of a kevlar weave, sporting the colors of midnight blue and black

screenshots taken in Champions Online

if you need anymore info, please ask me! id love to be in this!
PS..lol I just realized the two screenshots are 2 different variants of his suit XD the drawing and second screenshot are accurate to his current suit

Vaulera

HOLY SWEET JESUS BATMAN, THOSE SCREEN CAPS ARE GIGANTIC. But seriously, maybe consider imguring or reducing the size of those, ever so slightly, by like 800 pixels.

apygoos

sorry bout that >.> should be much better now

VoluptuousVixen

I was just going to say what kinda bio format should we be using. xxx

MaiMizzu

Am I the only one questioning his character? I mean.. he's just batman, who is trained by captain america, hawkeye and tinketed alongside tony stark. Is there an avengers academy? I haven't bought a new book in a while, but I never heard of that. If I'm overreactin.. well ill be quiet then. Heh
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

TheVillain

There was an Avenger's Academy set up after the Civil War. So he's not making that part up at least. :P
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

AribethAmkiir

Doesn't look like Rogue has been taken yet.  If not, I'd like to claim her.

TheVillain

Let us know if you want us to start making profiles, wise and powerful GM.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Vaulera

Well, I sort of agree about his character, but he's more like Nightwing or Robin. Even the name is sorta like Nightwing. Yeah, the Avengers Academy existed, but to be honest, it had specific recruits, like the first wave of X-men, being Beast, Magneto, CX, Havoc etc.

Jmorty33

Hmmm I see apygoos character as a good version of Hush that received training from some of Marvel's most prolific characters. It's just a little too convinient if you ask me.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

apygoos

Quote from: Vaulera on October 29, 2012, 05:41:50 PM
Well, I sort of agree about his character, but he's more like Nightwing or Robin. Even the name is sorta like Nightwing.
bonus points for you! He is a homage to Dick Grayson, but is very much his own character.

apygoos

im also surprised no one in this thread has pointed at Moon Knight yet, Marvels Batman. Most powerless characters end up taking on the martial arts/gadgeteer

Jmorty33

While Moon Knight was in mind when I saw the name, but when it came down to the bio it was more like Hush to me since the whole deal about the parents being a part of how he becomes a hero.

apygoos

When I originally made Jake [in Champions Online] I didnt wanna go with the standard "my parents are dead" I figured id try and be at least a touch different.

VoluptuousVixen

Vaulera, you could play Magneto with Fassbender. He had blonde/whiteish hair in promethius?
And Magneto has this ageing thing in the comics which keeps him from getting really old in the 616 universe.
Magneto bloody rocked in XMFC.

Bludmagnus

Actually, if no one has an issue, and they are not taken, I would love to play both Captain America or/and Moon Knight as well.  Also, Moon Knight does have super powers, they just fluctuate with the phases of the moon.  At least that is what I remember....
"Shame is an unhappy emotion invented by the hypocritcally pious in order to exploit others."

Personal self-quote:  Jaded is having the only key to the handcuffs and locks.

For consideration I link my O/O post here:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42014.0

VoluptuousVixen

Another question what buildings are left?

Avenger`s Mansion (Starks former family home)?
Stark Tower?
Baxter Building?
Doctor Stranges Sanctorirum?
The Jean Grey School for higher learning in New York?
The Daily Bugle?
The Hellicarrier?
the mutant Utopia in San Fransico?

I suggested that for the Xmen types that they could use Warren Worthington`s penthouse in the Alps as a base og operations. But we would need someone to claim Archangel I guess...

apygoos

Quote from: Bludmagnus on October 29, 2012, 06:21:55 PM
Actually, if no one has an issue, and they are not taken, I would love to play both Captain America or/and Moon Knight as well.  Also, Moon Knight does have super powers, they just fluctuate with the phases of the moon.  At least that is what I remember....
depends on /when/ youre playing him, they phased his powers out a while ago, but hes still insane, if you did play him with powers though, that's how they worked

Jmorty33

Quote from: apygoos on October 29, 2012, 06:14:10 PM
When I originally made Jake [in Champions Online] I didnt wanna go with the standard "my parents are dead" I figured id try and be at least a touch different.

Incidentally you made it more like Hush's backstory but, rather than killing them to inherit the fortune (like Hush attempted to by was stopped by Thomas Wayne), you had him put them in jail and had him become a hero.

apygoos

yes his Champions Online variant was a more general "We hate meta humans" thing for his parents, and he started as a vigilante at 16 as a secretive way to show that humans and metas could work together. Once he found out his parents were involved in criminal activities, his Mid-Knight alias went and got the evidence needed to bring them in

MaiMizzu

Quote from: loislanekent on October 29, 2012, 06:25:49 PM
Another question what buildings are left?

Avenger`s Mansion (Starks former family home)?
Stark Tower?
Baxter Building?
Doctor Stranges Sanctorirum?
The Jean Grey School for higher learning in New York?
The Daily Bugle?
The Hellicarrier?
the mutant Utopia in San Fransico?

If I may.. if Apocalypse has made his big push, then he wouldn't leave any of those buildings standing. He'd want to kill as many heroes as possible, and then demoralize those that survive. And that means destroying as many landmarks as possible.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Veluux

Wow... so many replies while I was gone at work. I have a few minutes to read through them, but I can't answer all the questions just yet. I'm pretty swamped until Thursday night. I'll have to get more of the roster filled out then as well as answering all of your questions.

That is a big reason I emphasized in the game summary of GM help. Because unless we have at least one other person (hopefully two) willing to step up, than this game isn't happening. My work schedule is just too hectic to fully GM three games. Any takers?

As for buildings - I like the idea of throwing all of the surviving heroes out of their element. ALL major faction headquarters have been destroyed. Xavier's school, Stark Tower, Avenger's Mansion, as well as all the big villain group headquarters. Since New York is the most hero-oriented city, it is also near-demolished (think London after the peak of the German bombings in WWII). It's rebuildable - but 10x worse than the chitari invasion from the Avengers movie.

Apocalypse also has bio-suit soldiers (not quite super soldier level like Cap, and their suits are not nearly advanced as ones like war-machine or iron-man.. but they do grant boosted strength, speed, stamina and 'jump jets' - not full flight capability).

I honestly didn't think that THIS many people would be interested. But that's a good thing. It will take me longer to get the roster listed so its easier for everyone to know who is taken and who isn't. Would be lovely if someone could post a reply with updates on who all has been claimed so far, since I can't get to it till Thursday night.

Also one of the requirements of producing an original character was that they don't resemble a hero that already exists. So you'll need to get really creative if you want to play an original character. It has to be dynamic and different. I think that Mid-knight resembles a few Marvel character's already, so he'll need some unique tweaking to be acceptable. I might get a chance to check E again before I head to bed - and I will PM with the things I think are too cliche.

If anyone has any SPECIFIC questions that I haven't answered or covered in the first-post summary, please PM them to me if you want a faster response. Be sure to read through other's posts if you are wondering if a character has or hasn't been claimed. I wish I could make this a little smoother of a process, but I just don't have the time at the moment. I had the idea (with loislanekent's input), but the time... I am lacking.

HELP WANTED!

Catch you all later tonight - hopefully.

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...