Doormat Three: Return of the Welcome

Started by Aethyrium, September 26, 2022, 04:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigBad

Yeah, I can imagine. Especially if you're playing a Solo. XD
Pro-tip: Always max out your Empathy trait if you're planning on taking a lot of mods. Save your eddies for more chrome and stay off the braindance, choom.

Chucklemeister

XD yesss
Literally took Max Empathy just so I could throw it all away. At this point my max is only 26 out of 80 lol

And regarding the Braindance, it was actually purely for RP character development. It was all for the inevitable confrontation of her lovers finding out she's been recording their time together without them knowing.
Yay Drama! Hahaha
Love Me, Hate Me,
Stay With Me, Play With Me..
Just don't **** with me.

TheBigBad

Quote from: Chucklemeister on October 08, 2022, 08:45:27 PM
It was all for the inevitable confrontation of her lovers finding out she's been recording their time together without them knowing.

Bruh... how much to cop the virtu on that? XD

Chucklemeister

Love Me, Hate Me,
Just don't **** with me.

TheBigBad

Being Sentimental in Night City? You're a brave one.

Chucklemeister

Oh I know right? Our whole crew is grossly over-emotional for a Cyberpunk gang hahaha
Love Me, Hate Me,
Just don't **** with me.

Wandering Mind

*pokes head in*

Don't mind me.  Just wanted to stop by the new Doormat thread.  :-)
Estimated response rate: 3 to 10 days.
Owed Posts: Too many
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Mforeroticrp

Hi All it's fortunate that i landed up elliquiy the people here are ao involved dedicatedly working towards passion just wow

persephone325

Hello new faces!

Good luck during the approval process!
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Nico

~peeks in, waves and leaves coffees~

Hello, new people! :-)

Aethyrium

Did someone say new people? I love new people!

Hi new people!

And old tenured people! ;D

Achitera

Hello everyone! I thought I'd drop by and say hello here. I recognize some of you from my introduction post.
Waves

Naiah

Achitera

Quote from: Naiah on November 01, 2022, 07:39:40 AM
Hey there! :D (I know, Im late..)

Hello! I wanted to continue our conversation here. I don't mind colleague or boss names (in my case it would probably be more like classmate and professor names). Maybe it's because I don't dabble in ERP anymore. I can certainly see it being awkward in ERP.

How did you end up getting into RP and how did you end up at Elliquiy?

Naiah

True, I wouldnt have an issue outside of ERP, however for that kind of RP it's always been LOTR and you dont see those names in real life :P Or you didnt used to O.o

I started rping on a LOTR site many moons ago :D And then got a bit eh about the fade to black or lack of any kind delving into relationships other than just the off handed comments about being "married" to someone elses character. So googled adult RP and here I am, 10 years later :P

Will you be dabling in ERP here? Or stick with vanilla?

Achitera

LOTR you say? I really ought to get around to finishing the Fellowship in novel form. It's admittedly less motivating to read if you've already seen the movies. I did read The Hobbit though, and that was a blast. I keep hearing about how expansive the lore is on LOTR, but my foray into TTRPGs was D&D so that's what I had dug into when I was playing regularly.

I will be sticking with vanilla. Playing romance stuff can be fun, but I dabbled in more explicit stuff in the past and have realized it's not for me. I understand a big part of Eliquiy is reserved for ERP but that's alright. This is the first RP site I've seen with such a thorough vetting process and I'm sure it shows in the userbase. Glad to hopefully be part of the community soon.

Naiah

I am a die hard movie fan all the way! <3 I have read all of LOTR, Hobbit and some Silmarillion, but my love is for the movies and that will never change. I will likely never read the books again, but thats ok as long as I have the movies :D

Well I have to let you know most of this forum is for ERP, hence the thorough vetting process. But there are vanilla RPers out there, so you should be able to find them :D

Achitera

I've also found that a good number of people who write ERP also do vanilla RP as well. Either way, it is what it is. The site seems well run and organized, so I'm happy.

I originally started on roleplaygateway. The site's basically dead now, but it used to be active like 10 years ago. There was a serious problem with flaking and games never getting off the ground though (after spending time setting up a detailed character sheet complete with gifs and images of course), which I'm thankful to say is not the norm from the other communities I've seen.

Naiah

Yeah that does suck, putting so much effort into it and then nothing. I mean like every RP site we suffer from death of RPs too, it's unfortunately unavoidable as our efforts are in the hands of the evil monster RL and her bitchiness the Muse :P That is why I usually have more than one on the go, so when one slows I have another to pour my love into.

Nico

Achitera

I very well understand how it goes with real world events and I am very understanding of them. The ratio I had experienced there that wouldn't get past 1 full round of posting made me believe there was something else in the mix.

It's nice to have a couple scenes going, but I've found it's much harder for me to pump out posts because my brain has to switch gears (especially for different characters) and it's pretty jarring sometimes. I used to have a problem with biting off more than I can chew when one or more RPs I was in slowed down. Sometimes, they would pick back up and I'd find myself being overwhelmed because I didn't account for the activity to ramp up again.

Quote from: Nico on November 01, 2022, 03:18:26 PM
~peeks in and drops coffees~
Thank you Nico!

Naiah

Thanks Nico! <3

Yeah that is a valid concern. espeically when they all reply at once and you have a load to respond to :P

I have not really had much issue with the switching around, think I learned that on the LOTR site as there it was mainly open for all threads kind of deal (I mean there were of course one on ones too). But I can do a bitch and then a sweetheart from one moment to the next no problem.

Achitera

That's impressive that you can switch gears so effortlessly. If I had some more practice doing so, I may be able to grease the groove a bit.

Do you like to write outside of RP? I've thought that RP is be a good medium to help to flesh out a story setting or original fantasy world, since it adds a human element to what gets poked and examined or what has to be explained.

Naiah

No, that is my biggest weakness. The worldbuilding and sometimes even the plot. I guess thats why I RP, I have my partner do those things :P

Achitera

Unless I have an idea I am excited about, worldbuilding can take some effort for me. Building a good world (particularly if it is fantasy) can be extremely difficult and takes a lot of thought. As a result, I often like to play within an established world of some sort, even if it only loosely resembles it. Plot is something I'm a little better with from an adventure perspective. Purely from a romance perspective, I haven't had much experience, but I've worked with it as a sub-genre.

I'd really enjoy a small group RP of about 5 or 6 people including the GM based around a mystery of some sort. That's something I've never written in before and would find exciting.