A new game, being Kickstarted

Started by Chris Brady, May 12, 2014, 01:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

A French designed Mange/Anime styled game:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/438269196/shiness?ref=card

Interesting, but I don't know.  What do you guys think?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Cassandra LeMay

I kinda like what I see, especially the drawn, comic-like style and the artwork. It's also nice that they have a few different levels at the lower end of the backing range that will give you a digital copy of the game without sinking too much money into the Kickstarter. That's always a plus in my book.

What I am less certain about is the made-up language they use for the game. They say they did it because they wanted the game to have a unique and distinct feel to it, but that makes me wonder if they couldn't have made the game distinct and uinque without resorting to a "gimmick" like that. To me it reads as if the developers were lacking confidence in their ability to make the game stand out through more conventional means. Plus, I would find it a bit inconvenient to rely on subtitles when the whole game is already voice-acted. Sure, it makes localization easier, as only the subtitles would have to be changed, but I doubt I would enjoy constantly paying attention to subtitles throughout the game.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)