Has anybody watched any good horror movies?

Started by XxDark AngelxX, February 28, 2014, 03:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Nachtmahr on May 05, 2014, 08:15:59 PM
I'm so glad you said that - Boosts my confidence to know that I'm not the only one who felt the urge to curl up into a ball and whimper at night after having watched that masterpiece.

Well...I'll be watching this now. Because I'm apparently addicted to terrifying myself so I can't sleep at night. =)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Nachtmahr

~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Nachtmahr on May 05, 2014, 02:01:23 AM
Insidious 2: Luckily, unlike me, you won't actually have to wait to have your curiosity satisfied - This film is far more horrifying than the first, but just as great a watch! It'll definitely leave you feeling quite uneasy throughout.

I had to get my blanket to watch this movie. I couldn't not have something to pull up in front of my eyes. Gahhhhhh!!!

Thanks for the recommendation. =)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Nachtmahr

~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Mathim

Has anyone seen (or even heard of) Juan of the Dead? It's a Cuban film, in the style of horror comedy like Shaun of the Dead, and it's freaking amazing. It's one of those little-known gems that just tickles you in the right way. The zombies are freaky, there's tension in spite of the comedic nature, the fights are intense, and the comedy is top-notch. Here's the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOquktXvkT4
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

EnchantedDream218

The Bay 2012 was a good horror movie to me. The rating on IMDB is pretty low but I enjoyed this movie through out the entire thing. Not sure if Found Footage is something that's up you're alley or not but I found this very disturbing. It's considered a Horror/Thriller/Sci-Fi. Check it out if it's something you'll think you'll enjoy. :)

My List=)

"True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen." ~Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Mathim

You can never really trust the imdb rating anyway.

Anyone check out the ABC's of Death? It's one of those anthology things like the Twilight Zone or VHS but with one short scene for each letter of the alphabet.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Thesunmaid

Well I will admit to being a huge fan of horror movies. Freddy Kruger is one of my favorites. But I saw a movie on net flix the other day called Inkubus which has Robert Englund. Good movie as well as one called the traveler with val kilmer.

One that I watched in the theater recently was occulus. It was a pretty good watch although I admit the ending...it felt like all they were doing was trying to keep it open to a sequel. I was a bit disappointed by it. I have no problems with a book or movie ending on a cliffhanger but this one just felt like it was trying too hard.

I still love old gory 80's horror movies. Its my guilty pleasure. The gorier the better. I saw one called dead alive..there was so much blood in that one they were slipping and sliding it in and he used a lawn mower to literally mow down a bunch of zombies. It was great. But pretty much any of the Freddy movies...although I hated the remake...original fright night...new one although I love Colin Farrell just was not as good.

I suppose I am just in the mind set of if the movie was good the first time don't remake it. The second fright night was just painful...charlie and evil ed just..no. I barely made it through the first half.

I also don't like to watch movies that make no sense. I watched one called lovely molly and the ending both my husband and I looked at each other and simply look bewildered.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Mathim

Quote from: thesunmaid on May 25, 2014, 01:37:17 AM
Well I will admit to being a huge fan of horror movies. Freddy Kruger is one of my favorites. But I saw a movie on net flix the other day called Inkubus which has Robert Englund. Good movie as well as one called the traveler with val kilmer.

One that I watched in the theater recently was occulus. It was a pretty good watch although I admit the ending...it felt like all they were doing was trying to keep it open to a sequel. I was a bit disappointed by it. I have no problems with a book or movie ending on a cliffhanger but this one just felt like it was trying too hard.

I still love old gory 80's horror movies. Its my guilty pleasure. The gorier the better. I saw one called dead alive..there was so much blood in that one they were slipping and sliding it in and he used a lawn mower to literally mow down a bunch of zombies. It was great. But pretty much any of the Freddy movies...although I hated the remake...original fright night...new one although I love Colin Farrell just was not as good.

I suppose I am just in the mind set of if the movie was good the first time don't remake it. The second fright night was just painful...charlie and evil ed just..no. I barely made it through the first half.

I also don't like to watch movies that make no sense. I watched one called lovely molly and the ending both my husband and I looked at each other and simply look bewildered.

Were you aware that Dead Alive is one of the early films of the director of the Lord of the Rings movie? Viva la difference!

And I liked the remake of Fright Night way better than the original.