One city, eight million stories. (TG for GM)

Started by Lyndsey, March 25, 2018, 10:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyndsey

Hello there!

Hi there mystery reader, and thank you for checking out my thread! I'm in my twenties, and have been writing/roleplaying since my teens. I first got into it playing World of Warcraft (and various other similar games) and have since moved on to writing here. Outside of writing I am a pretty avid gamer, and home cook as well. I'm generally a pretty easy-going person and happy to communicate with my partners outside of writing, and have skype/discord available on request to that end.

I'm putting up this thread because I have a character that I'd really like to write and develop her story further, and to that end am looking for a GM to join me in that endeavor. That said, I'm not one to allow my partner to do all the heavy lifting and I have more than a fair few number of ideas to bring to the table.

In the spoiler tag below, you'll find a few short blurbs describing what I am like as a partner, and feel free to check out my o/o's in the link below as well.

Who is Lyndsey?
Characters I play: I am transgender myself, and thus primarily play pre-operative male-to-female transgender characters, and this plot will be no different.

Writing and Grammar: I consider myself an average writer, and seek partners at/above my level, and while mistakes are bound to happen, I find that I am unable to work with a partner who comes up with posts riddled with spelling and grammatical errors. Not a slight on anyone who does not have English as their native tongue, but it's just a bit jarring to me I'm afraid. Additionally, I only write from the third person perspective.

Sexual preferences:
In terms of sexuality my characters will be 'bottom' for want of a better word, and generally attracted to men. For a more detailed insight into what pushes my buttons, feel free to check out my O/o's via the link in my signature or the section above.

Posting rate and length: Barring certain exceptions, I am able to post at least once every three days, though I am well capable of multiple responses on the same day . Real life might get in the way of writing sometimes and I'll be sure to inform my partners if that is that case, and expect the same in return. On my partner's end, I usually expect a post or two a week, though of course, it'll be awesome if you are able to post with greater frequency and I'll usually be able to match your rate.

Plot vs smut: I've noticed that a large chunk of content involving transgender characters in roleplay are generally centered around smut. In terms of that, I'd like to break the mold. The plot definitely comes first for me, and while I don't see much point in trying to come up with a ratio of plot to smut I'd expect in my threads, I'd definitely like heavy emphasis on the former. Don't get me wrong, my characters enjoy a good romp in the sheets like anyone else, but if that's all your looking for, then I'm probably not your gal.

Last but most definitely not least.... Most importantly of all, have fun! I'm sure all of us do this for fun, and I don't want anyone to feel obligated to write with me. If you feel for any reason our pairing or plot is not working out, just let me know, no hard feelings. I'll be sure to do the same. That said, I can only write with so many people, and I choose my partners based on how well I think we'd write together. Should I turn down a proposal, it's only because I feel we aren't all that compatible, so please don't feel too hard done by! There is a vast ocean of partners out there, and I'm sure you'll find one that suits you soon better than I soon enough.

Now that you know a little about me, below you'll find the qualities that I hope to see in any potential partners.

What about you?
Gender: I'll happily write with anyone, regardless of gender, so long as I feel that we'll be a good fit for each other in terms of writing together. That said, I prefer males as sexual partners for my characters, but may occasionally deviate from this course. Sexuality, like gender can be and often is fluid after all.

Creativity and multiple characters: I seek a partner capable of bringing their own spin to the plot, throw the occasional curveball and share the creative load as the story progresses, and impose the same expectations on myself. For this plot, I am seeking a GM to run a living, breathing world around my character. I'm aware that people who enjoy such an endeavor might be few and far between, so this is more a shot in the dark than anything else. I do also have several supporting characters already in mind that I'll be happy to share as well.

Communication: Communication is key for me, and I prefer to run any major plot twists or developments by my partner before actually pushing ahead. I expect the same from any potential partners, and would also like to be informed should they have to drop the story for any reason. I wouldn't mind all that much, except when a partner disappears without a trace. I'm also more than happy to communicate OOC be it for world-building or just general chatter, and as previously mentioned have skype available on request.

And now, the plot.

Inspiration: Police procedurals.

Themes: Modern, Realistic, Action, Crime.

Seeking: GM.

The plot: This is going to be short, as it's more of a general gist of things than anything else. I do have several plot threads and ideas in mind to share should discussions get that far.

Set in New York, (MC) is a detective with the NYPD. I envision this plot to take on the format of police procedurals, moving from case to case with a sprinkling of the various trials and tribulations of life in between. Below you'll find a detailed profile of the character that I'll be playing, I'm always open to making changes as and when necessary to make her a better fit, so feel free to share and suggestions or input you might have.

Character

Name: Evangeline Rose
Place of birth: Jersey City, New Jersey

Physical description: Evangeline stands at 5'7", with shoulder length blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. While not physically imposing, she is agile and light on her feet. While not on the job, she can come across as rather plain, and can usually found in jeans, t-shirts, tanks and sneakers. On the job, she is able to pull off many looks, picking whichever is best to suit her needs.

Skills: Expert marksman, Social chameleon, Quick and agile, Keen observational skills, intuition and intellect. Skilled driver, and possesses knowledge of vehicles, gleaned from her time working with her father in his garage.

Personality: Cynical, cold and calculating, Evangeline has been dubbed the 'ice queen' at her old precinct. She is an extremely private person and rarely reveals her thoughts and feelings to anyone. She has trust issues and is only truly open with a small handful that she has let into her inner circle, though those that manage to make it that far will find a warm and kind-hearted individual. Usually quiet and reserved, she is very observant and quick-witted, and relies on her intelligence rather than physical prowess in a confrontation. She is an excellent liar, able to blend in effortlessly in a variety of social scenarios. Evangeline is also idealistic, stubborn and has a little bit of a temper, which has gotten her into trouble on more than one occasion.

Character background:

Born Evan Rose, the only child to an average suburban family in New Jersey, Evan's early childhood was a happy one. Everything would change one fateful night when Evan was five however, when his mother was apparently murdered in an apparent mugging gone wrong. Growing up without a feminine figure in his life, the child gradually became interested in the fairer sex to the point of obsession. Initially dismissing his child's behavior as just a phase, Evan's father did his best to raise him on his own, even though running the garage he owned took up most of his time. It would soon become apparent however, that what Evan had been going through was anything but a phase, and the man eventually relented and allowed his child to get the treatments and surgeries to became who he was both inside and out at the age of sixteen. Evan had become Evangeline.

A bright and intelligent child, Evangeline easily breezed through high school, graduating close to the top of the class. She moved on to study criminal justice in college, but instead of becoming a lawyer like her mother, Evangeline decided instead to move across the Hudson and join the NYPD, determined to make a difference and not allow another child to suffer growing up without a parent, like she did. Discriminated against because of her unique past, Evangeline had to work doubly hard compared to her peers to prove herself, scoring top marks in the police academy , before racking up an impressive string of arrests to make the rank of detective.

In doing so however, she's stepped on a number of toes. She's been described as cold and difficult to work with, and generally prefers to keep to herself most of the time. 

Possible scenarios:

Scenario 1: Young Evangeline - This would be more of a slice of life type of deal, set during the character's days as a student in college, exploring her formative years and the events that shaped her as a person. I don't foresee too much action here, though there is always room for improvisation and creativity!

Scenario 2: The detective -  This scenario would center around the character's time with the NYPD. Plenty of room for thrills and spills here, this scenario could see us taking a cue from police procedurals and moving from case to case, with perhaps a larger overarching plot to link things together.

Scenario 3: The future - Set a couple of years into the near future, this scenario would see the character moving on from the NYPD to a secretive government agency. However, she can't remember anything that has transpired in the past couple of years and only recently woke up to find large gaps in her memory the past few years. This scenario would follow a similar format to scenario 2, with the character working to regain her lost memories, while unraveling what happened to her, and what she did during that time.

Possible plot ideas:
Possible plot ideas:

In this section I'll list a couple of plot ideas in the form of cases that MC will be able to take on. Do take note that these are merely that - ideas, and I am happy to make changes to them, or not use them at all.

City of dreams: A young woman has turned up dead over the course of the past few months with a similar set of circumstances to the deaths of two others. They're all in their twenties, reported missing from small towns dotted all over the countries, showing signs of both physical and sexual abuse. While the causes of deaths differ, signs point to a sophisticated human trafficking ring moving or luring women from rural towns in order to use them a sex workers.

Root of all evil: A prominent wall street broker was found dead in his swanky penthouse apartment via the way of multiple stab wounds. Disgruntled clients unhappy with losing their money, Or something far more sinister? Leads are hard to come by, and there isn't anything concrete to point the finger in any particular direction. A thorough sweep of the crime scene might add a few more pages to the story though...

The high life: Overdose deaths have been on the rise in the city, with more potent forms of cocaine as well as various other narcotics making their way onto the streets. Perhaps there is a new big player in the drug game, or could there be an alliance the likes of which have never been seen before between the gangs that sell the drugs, and those who produce them?

On the clock: A couple of young girls have gone missing over the last few years, with little traction made despite massive amounts of effort to find them or the people responsible. Now, another has just been taken but this time there seems to be a sliver of hope in the form of a trail left behind. A race against the clock beckons in order to stop another name being added to those already gone.

Lyndsey

Lyndsey

Still looking for someone to pick this up. Added new plot ideas.