[E6 Pathfinder] NC-Exotic Homebrew Campaign (application reopened!)

Started by FragarachZ, April 16, 2014, 07:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ershin

Quote from: FragarachZ on April 18, 2014, 05:18:26 PM
We're still taking character applications until the weekend is over. So far we have 5 characters, whom I'd be willing to keep in one group if nobody else applies. However if more people post characters, I'll seperate the crew into two smaller parties so we can keep things rolling, or pick whomever I like as the playgroup of N members.

And yes, the rune has drawn you all to me as it should. Updated my journal.
Thanks for the confirmation re: end date for applications. Now if only I could think of what I'd want to play as, haha. I'm already playing a Rogue in another game and I don't really like too much overlap in what I play so... maybe a Bard as a backup healer/skillmonkey? Also might I be allowed to take the Trap Finder trait? Or would that be considered off the table since it's a campaign trait?

FragarachZ

Quote from: Ershin on April 19, 2014, 11:43:50 AM
I'm already playing a Rogue in another game and I don't really like too much overlap in what I play so... maybe a Bard as a backup healer/skillmonkey? Also might I be allowed to take the Trap Finder trait? Or would that be considered off the table since it's a campaign trait?

Sure, go ahead. The group would benefit from a skillful character character. Just keep in mind that the PCs are part of an army here, so she'd need some reason to be in a top military unit.
O&O

FragarachZ

Prophecies having fortold the coming of the savior, many claim to have witnessed the Lady Paladin perform miracles and succeed aggainst impossible odds. Regardless of the accuaracy of such reports, they helped her influence and popularity to grow until she became the leader of the greatest crusade in history. No longer viewed as a young woman, she became the icon people rally under to crush the beastmen threat.

Confirmed so far we have:
Miroque  ----------- Aleria, Arcane Scholar, Acolyte of the Arts
victoria4 ----------- Bremorel Silverkin, Half-elf Sorceress
ererruz  ------------ Ashara of Flames, Passion Priestess and Divine Prostitute
RubySlippers ------ Tevaga, Half-orc Paladin
assleigh ------------ Finna Stendahl, Viking Shieldmaiden

Players, please send me a PM of what type of sexual situations you are expecting and willing to participate in with your character in-game (including any offs you would like to avoid), as well as the following information: What does your character LOVE? What does your character HATE? What kind of sexual preference/experience does the character have? Does the character have any short or long term goals?

Still taking characters! I'll set up threads for this game and post the introduction tomorrow (Monday), so we can start once people are finished celebrating the holiday. Happy Easter to everyone!
O&O

Irolon

Looks interesting. Any way I can join as a straight-up fighter? I'll be making my character forthwith, after getting out of a train.

FragarachZ

You can apply a character, sure. Based on the final number of people I'll either organize multiple groups or pick people for one larger one.
O&O

Ershin

Ah, guess I ran out of time to build a character. Turned out to be a busy day. Good luck to all those who managed to get something done on time though!

schnookums

I'm sorry, this weekend has been pretty crazy for me (I worked all week, and then decided out of stupidity to do more work this weekend as well). I don't have the character sheet available but I'm going to go ahead and post the background, I hope that won't be a problem (I'll be able to post the sheet once I get home tomorrow).

Hunter had always been a bit of a dreamer growing up...it would be this sort of mindset that would entice her to run away from the farm to what she had hoped would be a more exciting life. Even so, it took a lot of courage to sign up on a ship of less than savory reputation. Luckily for her Hunter was "blessed" with a body that allowed her to pass as a younger boy, and the role of cabin boy was hers. She turned her hand at anything that any of them would teach her, from sailing to petty thievery to exotic fighting techniques. Her life was the adventure she had wanted...but she knew it couldn't last. She couldn't keep her identity secret forever, and more importantly there were things happening on the mainland that made her reconsider living a carefree life of casual piracy. It was her volunteering as an irregular that lead her to her current companions in the raid on the tower, where her skills in subterfuge and scouting will likely come in handy.

FragarachZ

Quote from: Ershin on April 20, 2014, 08:14:55 PM
Ah, guess I ran out of time to build a character. Turned out to be a busy day. Good luck to all those who managed to get something done on time though!

I'll let you submit a character late, since you liked my avatar ;)

Quote from: schnookums on April 21, 2014, 12:29:52 AM
I'm sorry, this weekend has been pretty crazy for me (I worked all week, and then decided out of stupidity to do more work this weekend as well). I don't have the character sheet available but I'm going to go ahead and post the background, I hope that won't be a problem (I'll be able to post the sheet once I get home tomorrow).

Hunter had always been a bit of a dreamer growing up...it would be this sort of mindset that would entice her to run away from the farm to what she had hoped would be a more exciting life. Even so, it took a lot of courage to sign up on a ship of less than savory reputation. Luckily for her Hunter was "blessed" with a body that allowed her to pass as a younger boy, and the role of cabin boy was hers. She turned her hand at anything that any of them would teach her, from sailing to petty thievery to exotic fighting techniques. Her life was the adventure she had wanted...but she knew it couldn't last. She couldn't keep her identity secret forever, and more importantly there were things happening on the mainland that made her reconsider living a carefree life of casual piracy. It was her volunteering as an irregular that lead her to her current companions in the raid on the tower, where her skills in subterfuge and scouting will likely come in handy.

Sounds good.
O&O

FragarachZ

IC thread ready to go.
OOC thread for communication and game discussions.
Character thread for sheets, character information and updates.

The five confirmed players, please post your character sheets in the character thread. When you're ready to start, feel free to post in the IC thread.

To those people who said they would submit a character, I'll still consider you if you post them here, but at this point I wont take new applications other than the people who have already expressed their interest. However, once the adventuring part of the story starts, you'll only be entering the story after the prologue is done.
O&O

RubySlippers

Need to spend some gold on supplies then I'll post. Thanks for accepting me.

Ershin

Quote from: FragarachZ on April 21, 2014, 05:16:41 PM
To those people who said they would submit a character, I'll still consider you if you post them here, but at this point I wont take new applications other than the people who have already expressed their interest. However, once the adventuring part of the story starts, you'll only be entering the story after the prologue is done.

Ah! I was just attempting to write up a background after finishing my character sheet and just happened to notice the announcement. Missed this by like an hour. Oh well, my own fault for being slightly lazy/doing the crunch before the fluff ~

Still! Good luck to all who got in, hope you and Frag have tons of fun together :D

schnookums

Okay, here goes with the character sheet, thank you for allowing me a bit of extra time:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Roll Result: schnookums rolled: 1d8
Comment: Hit Points
Result: 5,
Total: 5
Racial +2 added to Dex
Favored class bonus: +1 skill point

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=868488

I hope this is alright? Also, I can got with a less anime-ish avatar here...I was just having the worst time finding something good for a...er...flat chested heroine.

Irolon

FragarachZ

BUMP!

As of this post, applications are open again. We need new, active players who would like to commit to a long-term story heavy game and some fresh meat to the grinder interesting characters with well-rounded personalities, not restricted to females. But well-rounded bottoms and bosoms might result in positive discrimination during the selection process.  O:)
O&O

Ershin

Oh! This is open again? I'd love to apply for this, but I need to think on who and what to make (even with the class restrictions, with archetypes there's still a lot of choice on what to take). With that in mind, may I be so bold as to ask how long will applications be open for?

FragarachZ

I will say a week at minimum, likely two since our only active character who is in any shape to fight will be slow due to the player being occupied for a while. Ideally, as soon as our group moves past the current plot point - where they are trapped in a tower I can introduce new player characters to the group. Getting past this plot point can happen in one of two ways: complete and escape the dungeoncrawl or get captured and raped - in which case they have the option of making new characters well if they wish to.

I would really like to keep this game alive and running, as the plot that serves as the backbone of the campaign goes long-term. This means either finding a dedicated, committed group (my preference) or a rotating cast with different parties playing different adventures withing the setting, episodically. This second option would also mean keeping applications open indefinitely, so people could always express interest for the next chapter.
O&O

Miroque

this game being E6, there is no real need to long character history, as the characters are disposable goods anyway (starting level2, meens 1 crit can finish off anyone).

Ps:  FragarachZ, if your in AIM.. we could get the conversation speeded up.. and post the result..

iridum248

Hmmm, I have to admit; I'm rather interested in this. I'd love to play as a Ranger of some kind...Or perhaps a Sorceress? Either would work.

Alternatively, a Paladin or a Fighter. I'm better at straightforward classes, admittedly.

Here's my Paladin's character sheet.

Background

The House of Arcus, a minor house of modest worth along the Western territories of Yranur, has a long tradition of sending their sons and daughters into the teeth of whatever brushfire war the kingdom faces each generation. Invariably possessed of more courage than insight, at least one Knight of Arcus has perished on a regular basis, usually (But not always) while doing something heroic.

Lady Lucille von Arcus is the latest in that storied tradition; A Paladiness of the Argent Shroud, she's recently completed her training at the Chapel-Monastery...And is now bound, inevitably, for the frontlines. As the youngest daughter of the House - Which has now fallen upon hard times - she seeks glory, excitement, and a way to revitalize her house's flagging fortunes.

She's not a Paladiness of particular distinction; In fact, compared to the worthies that have joined the conflict, Lady Lucille is stunningly, unmistakeably adequate. Slightly more intelligent than her ancestors, she's still rather impetuous and more than a little over her head - As a Paladin, she's actually quite easygoing, despite her noble birth, and is rather approachable. Her best qualities are her skill with her greatsword and her beauty; She is, however, admittedly quite vain, glory-hungry, naive and generally fond of associating with the 'lower classes'.

It's quite possible that she sees this all as a intriguing and amusing experience, with the kind of aristocratic obliviousness that has marked her forefathers. This kind of rarefied mentality has given her an endless fascination with things outside the usual (and rather pampered) scope of her experiences so far; She's drawn to the perverse, the taboo and the gross - They're so quaint, after all!

edit: Changed the image to something more appropriate.

Ershin

Say FragarachZ, may I make an Invulnerable Rager Barbarian, or would you class that archetype as being a little too much for E6, considering the Barbarian's capstone feat is DR1/- and this would give DR3/- at level 5? I'll probably make a Barbarian regardless (because rage powers are fun, even though access to the higher level ones are cut off) but I thought I'd just clear this matter of the archetype up with you first before I went ahead and did it.

FragarachZ

You can go ahead and pick the archetype if you like. I have ways other than HP to wither down characters :)
O&O

Anathanasia

This seems very much like the rarest of animals, a group game that checks off a great many of my, um...interests? ;)

I'll need to brush up on the E6 rules (got a bookmark here somewhere...) and check out the game threads, but with a little luck character might be easy(-ish).

I'll try to get a character submitted by the weekend, at any rate, once I get a chance to look through the archives and see what might work with some polish and a shoe-horn. If nothing, then a new one. I'm never short on ideas; it's usually picking just one that trips me up.
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

FragarachZ

Quote from: iridum248 on June 19, 2014, 02:06:23 AM
Hmmm, I have to admit; I'm rather interested in this. I'd love to play as a Ranger of some kind...Or perhaps a Sorceress? Either would work.

Alternatively, a Paladin or a Fighter. I'm better at straightforward classes, admittedly.

edit: Here's my Paladin's character sheet.

Background

The House of Arcus, a minor house of modest worth along the Western territories of Yranur, has a long tradition of sending their sons and daughters into the teeth of whatever brushfire war the kingdom faces each generation. Invariably possessed of more courage than insight, at least one Knight of Arcus has perished on a regular basis, usually (But not always) while doing something heroic.

Lady Lucille von Arcus is the latest in that storied tradition; A Paladiness of the Argent Shroud, she's recently completed her training at the Chapel-Monastery...And is now bound, inevitably, for the frontlines. As the youngest daughter of the House - Which has now fallen upon hard times - she seeks glory, excitement, and a way to revitalize her house's flagging fortunes.

She's not a Paladiness of particular distinction; In fact, compared to the worthies that have joined the conflict, Lady Lucille is stunningly, unmistakeably adequate. Slightly more intelligent than her ancestors, she's still rather impetuous and more than a little over her head - As a Paladin, she's actually quite easygoing, despite her noble birth, and is rather approachable. Her best qualities are her skill with her greatsword and her beauty; She is, however, admittedly quite vain, glory-hungry, naive and generally fond of associating with the 'lower classes'.

It's quite possible that she sees this all as a intriguing and amusing experience, with the kind of aristocratic obliviousness that has marked her forefathers. This kind of rarefied mentality has given her an endless fascination with things outside the usual (and rather pampered) scope of her experiences so far; She's drawn to the perverse, the taboo and the gross - They're so quaint, after all!

Iri! Haven't seen you on the forum in a while. Hope you've been all the right kinds of busy! ;) Welcome to my humble universe where cuddly plushies like to hug nice girls who are tired by playing all day!

Looking at that character, she kind of looks familiar somehow...

By the way, we're trying not to use manga/anime art on this game, sticking with western art or actual pictures for reference material on characters and places. It's to go with the setting that is based on a western fantasy world.

Quote from: Anathanasia on June 19, 2014, 01:13:57 PM
This seems very much like the rarest of animals, a group game that checks off a great many of my, um...interests? ;)

I'll need to brush up on the E6 rules (got a bookmark here somewhere...) and check out the game threads, but with a little luck character might be easy(-ish).

I'll try to get a character submitted by the weekend, at any rate, once I get a chance to look through the archives and see what might work with some polish and a shoe-horn. If nothing, then a new one. I'm never short on ideas; it's usually picking just one that trips me up.

Thanks for expressing your... interest :P I like your ideas in your threads linked in your signature. I think you would fit in well into this campaign! Looking forward to seeing your application.

E6 rules super easy: max level is 6 but you keep gaining feats beyond that. That's pretty much it.
O&O

Autocad

Expressing interest. Will get an application up over the weekend - probably a divine caster of some sort.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Autocad

Sofia the Red, Human Druid

Sofia is a young druid from the northern reaches of the Untamed Lands, where the grassy plains give way to tundra and ice. Her moniker is thanks to the red blanket she wears. She has a pet polar bear cub named Weist, whom she saved from an orca attack that left the baby cub orphaned and has been raising herself ever since.

On her 25th birthday, she read the aurora lights in the northernmost corners of Aussa, the way that astrologers would read the stars. What she learned disturbed her greatly, for far in the south events had been set in motion that would determine the fate of the world, with far-reaching consequences that not even the Untamed Lands' isolation would spare it from. Even more disturbingly, written in the lights were hints of her own deeds and influence, not specific enough for her to read the future, but clear enough to her that she would have a part to play in it. Thus doom-driven, she began her long trek south, taking nobody but Weist with her, following the stars towards her destiny and her role to play in the events to come. It was a year later that she finally arrived at her destination, just at the exact time that fate meant for her to start participating and shaping the future...

Down south far from the expanses of her homeland with only Weist as her friend (for now), and having traveled through wilderness avoiding towns in her long journey, Sofia is uncertain of the local ways and customs. She is wary of strangers for they might be trying to take advantage of her, yet desperate to make new acquaintances and friends at the same time. As a druid, Sofia refuses to wear any armour or wield any weapon that has a metal component. Trinkets and jewelry made of metal are an exception, if they possess power without which she would be unable to carry out her doom, though she would don such items only reluctantly.

Having observed nature most of her life, Sofia is by no means unaware of sex, and she herself is not a virgin, though she does not see the appeal in such an act for non-reproductive purposes. The few times she tried it in her teenage years, when her path crossed with a nomadic tribe, she would experimentally share a tent with a boy around her own age. The older tribesmen, with whom things might have turned out differently, didn't try to bed her out of respect for and fear of the circles of the druids, and besides, let the lucky boy have his fun and become a man! In the night, she would lie still while the inexperienced lad, who was probably doing this for the first time, fumbled around inside her and finished in a matter of minutes. The paths of druid and tribe would inevitably diverge come the next day and as often as not she would never see him again. Such experiences understandably left her less than impressed with the act overall, never thinking that perhaps his and her inexperience had something to do with it, and she came to the conclusion that the male enjoyed his fun while the female lay there and endured it. Female animals were driven by heat, but human women had no such season, and so she eventually stopped doing it.

Sofia

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=933324

Weist, Polar Bear cub, Sofia's animal companion

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=934115