And the Clock Struck Midnight....(Freeform Apocalyptic Setting)

Started by Urbanzorro, August 27, 2013, 10:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

I.C.

-March 2014- The United States finally manages to extract itself from the middle east. Leaving behind democratic governments in both Iraq and Afghanistan, The Doomsday Clock is set at 12 mins till midnight.

-September 2014- United States researchers at Texas A&M University develop a process for the removal of radioactive contamination from non-living materials

-November 2014- Dr. Mata, a professor at M.I.T. designs the U.F.P.V. (Unmanned Fallout Processing Vehicle). Designed to provide a mobile platform for the de-radiation process. The United States government quietly purchases the the patent and begins contracting several weapons manufacturers to produce U.F.P.V.s to be deployed after a possible nuclear exchange in order to dramatically reduce the dangers of residual radiation. 

-February 2015- The last effects of the U.S. economic recession are shaken off, it seems as if a time of prosperity is on the horizon

-June 2015- Open rebellion breaks out in China as several democratic movements join together in "the fight for the freedom of the Chinese people"

-July 2015- The United States secretly sends weapons into China in order to aid the democratic rebellion

-October 2015- The final rebel positions are over run as China's Peoples' Liberation Army achieves total victory. Communist hard liners assume many command positions within the Chinese government

-January 2016- Relations between China and the U.S. have steadily worsened and China's new leaders move it further and further from reform.

-April 2016- A new state of cold war exists, this time between the U.S. and China along with their respective allies

-November 2016- Footage of South Korean soldiers attacking North Korean civilians surfaces. The North Korean government is "outraged" and calls for "justice against the international criminals." South Korea discredits the footage as "bold faced lies"

-December 2016- Chinese ships appear in South Korean waters and blockade South Korean ports. The Chinese government releases a statement that the blockade is to 'stop the entrance of outside agitators" as North and South Korea sort out their own affairs. The United States demands China lift the blockade, setting the deadline at 12:01 AM January 1st 2017, under threat of "supportive actions on behalf of South Korea." Both Chinese and U.S. strategic assets assume states of increased combat readiness. The Doomsday Clock is set at 5 mins till midnight.

-January 2017- The deadline passes without the removal of the Chinese blockade, a U.S. Navy task force is dispatched to "reopen South Korean sea lanes." Chinese and U.S. naval forces meet in South Korean waters no shots are fired, both the U.S. and Chinese fleets are armed with tactical and strategic nuclear weaponry. The Doomsday Clock is set at 2 mins till midnight

-February 2017- Both China and the U.S. come under pressure from the international community to stop their "Childish and reckless endangerment of world peace." many of China's and the U.S.'s allies pledge to abstain from any conflict that may occur between the two superpowers. UN trade sanctions are placed on both the U.S. and China with the backing of The European Union. "These sanctions will only be removed when both the United States and The Peoples Republic of China come to their senses and begin to step back from the brink of war" declares the UN chairman

-March 2017-  China begins to relent, slowly lessening it's naval blockade and allowing more and more traffic to pass through into South Korean ports. The U.S. President and Chinese Chairman begin peace talks. The Doomsday Clock is set at 5 mins till midnight.

-Today-  A massive explosion rocks the Chinese aircraft carrier ROCS Lin Shau the ship sinks within the hour. Believing this to be a U.S. attack the remaining blockade forces respond by attacking the U.S. navy task force. Many ships are lost. Facing defeat the Chinese admiral authorizes the use of nuclear tipped torpedoes, a limited tactical nuclear exchange ensues. Launch preparations for strategic assets in both the U.S. and China are completed. A piece of Chinese radar equipment malfunctions, under the belief that the U.S. has launched a preemptive strike the Chinese government launches it's nuclear assets. The United States retaliates. The air raid sirens begin to go off in all major and minor U.S. cities. The Doomsday Clock Strikes Midnight

OOC
Our OOC/Character Thread

Alright, this is my idea for what I think will be a very interesting role play. I've noticed that most stories about nuclear holocaust take place right before the bombs start falling or years after they have already hit. SO I'm aiming this story at right when they hit and right afterward.

The game will begin just as the news of the naval battle reaches the U.S. Nuclear war would be less than an hour away from breaking out, the game will be broken up into three major chapters (at least for now. there maybe more chapters as time goes on) the first chapter of the game would include the players getting to a shelter in order to survive. I see this as taking no more than 2 or 3 posts per player. It's not meant to be the meat of the rp. More of the appetizer ;D  The second chapter will take place in their shelters and will include them waiting out the fallout inside said shelter, attempting to cope with the horror of what has happened, and attempting to survive/get along,  the third chapter(and possibly the final/permanent setting) would involve them trying to survive in what is left of the world after the radiation processors have made it safe to go outside. As well as them encountering what ever dangers may be lurking about.

[b]Character Sheet[/b]

[b]Player:[/b]
[b]Image:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Race/Ethnicity(Optional):[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b](What your character would/would not enjoy. NOT to be confused with player's limits)
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Items[/b](please be realistic. I.E. no "I always carry a bazooka with me when I go to work" sort of things. Though a handgun or something is acceptable):

I'm looking for somewhere between 3 and 5 other players to take part in the game. Hope to see some interest ;D

Our I.C Thread is now up :D
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Chreestafer

Very interested.  Gonna think up a character and see how this plays out for now.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Charlotte Fox

I may also be interested. I shall also start considering a character.

LordHarketh193

I may be aboard as well. I'll be thinking up my character as well.

elfguy

----

Urbanzorro

Glad to see the turn out of interest, once we get some characters I'll get us rolling. With an OOC thread and once all the characters are done I'll set up the IC thread.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

xPeachyPuff

I may also be interested and throw up a character of some sort (:

- Rainbow ♥

Urbanzorro

Well here's my character :D can't wait to see everyone elses.

Player: Urbanzorro
Name: Joseph Anderson
Race/Ethnicity Caucasian
Sexuality: Straight
Bio: Though he had always been considered smart, for most of his early life Joseph was never what you'd call a 'go getter' he was always much more content to let things happen as they would and simply cruse through life with as little stress as possible. In college he learned to work a bit harder but still much preferred to simply rely on his mind to get himself out of a jam rather than insure that he never found his way into one. After he graduated he returned to Ridgemond and eventually got a job teaching History and coaching Gym at the local high school. Which he's been doing for the past three years.
Personality: Joseph is a even tempered person. In his every day life he is nice to those who are nice to him, but can also be stern with those who are rude to him or others around him. He is somewhat popular with his students due to his habit of making jokes while giving his lessons and attempting to relate them to things that his students will recognize and understand.
Items: Joseph never really believed that a real war would break out, even in the face of the mounting tensions between the United States and China. As such he never really bought large amounts of survival gear in order to prepare for trying to survive, in the even of a nuclear war his only real equipment would be those things on hand in the gym and his car. Such as a baseball bat, a flashlight, a small pocket knife, a few changes of clothes, and a very small first aid kit.

Also, the OOC thread is up, here is the link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=183597.0

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

elfguy

Character Sheet
Player: elfguy

Name: Jana Tso

Race/Ethnicity(Optional): Half-Chinese, half-American

Sexuality: Bi

Bio: Jana is an American, born in San Francisco, but having a Chinese father has always been a torn for her, especially in the last few years. She doesn't identifies herself with her Chinese heritage, much preferring to live an American life, but her ethnicity is plain for all to see on her face. As a result, she constantly gets teased about it and asked political questions. As a way to get away from it all, she instead does her best to be completely disinterested of all things politics, including the rising crisis. Instead, she much prefers going out to a bar and partying in skimpy clothing. So when the war starts, she is caught mostly by surprise.

That isn't to say that she is useless, on the contrary. As an electrical engineer, Jana has always wanted to become someone useful to American society. Despite her liking for the party life, she does fairly good in school and can do wonders with a few pieces of electronics. She isn't that big into survival, but when she realizes that things are going very badly, she is quick to adapt and try her best to survive and help out.

Personality: Jana is a nice girl, especially if you buy her a drink. However, politics is a taboo topic and the best way to get her angry. She has no combat training, but is a fairly athletic girl, having been on the volleyball team and then learning traditional Chinese sword fighting, mostly at the request of her dad.

Items: She typically wears sneakers, tight jeans, a blouse leaving quite a bit of cleavage to her blue bikini top, along with various wristbands. The only weapons she has is a pocket knife and a traditional Chinese sword on her wall at home.
----

LordHarketh193

Character Sheet #1

Player: LordHarketh193
Image:
Name: Daniel Potterson
Race/Ethnicity: Irish/white British
Sexuality:Bisexual
Bio: Daniel has always been the smart man behind the group, he was the leader of a group in all of his school years. During highschool he was known as "Wolf" because of his way of living and making the group know who was in charge. After that he left with A's and B's in every subject he'd chosen to take. He went to the best college there was and left with all he needed to go to university and graduate with his future plans set in motion. In college he was known as "Jackal" because he was a sneaky sly man who wouldn't think twice about stabbing his own friends firmly in the back. In university he was known as "Boss" for his natural leadership skills and the ability to be the boss in any situation. After he left university he went straight into business and he became a young entrepreneur at the age of 20. By 26 he was a well known well respected very rich business man.
Personality: Daniel is good tempered, loyal and kind to those who need it. However he is a natural leader and can become stubborn and mean to many people. He's not into going solo and having to be alone for a long time, he's a very outgoing social person. He's smart and loves to prove himself to anyone who asks or questions him or his personality. He doesn't care for polotics and has a tendency to crave power over anything. He's quite a straightforward person if you say or do something he doesn't like he'll be sure to let everyone and you know about it. He's a fighter and will never give up, strong willed and violent when threatened. He's like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get from him.
Items:  Daniel wears suits when he's wanting to make an impression or when he's at work. But other than that he's usually seen in jeans, sneakers, shirts (tank tops, shirts, etc), jackets (leather, denmin, cotton, etc). He always carry's his pistol with him and a Swiss army knife he got for his 20th birthday. He has a hunting rifle for his hobby, hunting.

Character Sheet #2

Image:
Name: Bonita Felipa Emperatriz
Race/Ethnicity(Optional): Spanish/White British
Sexuality:Straight
Bio: Bonita Lived in Spain, Madrid, for 16 years before she packed up and moved over to England to better herself in a wider options of careers. She was eaten up by the art academy London and within years had become England's baby girl and spains goddess. She was married but she split with her lover months before becoming a artist and expressing herself through art work she sold under a false name then rose up and came clean about it, which took the price of the paintings to over a million. Then after art she moved on to dance and expressed herself through that before she was approached to become a full time model. She agreed and now is very rich and lives in Texas with a string of lovers and pets. Money can buy you anything is what she stands by.
Personality: Bonita is a sweet, bubbly, kind loving person she tends to just stray from those characteristics whens she becomes stressed and threatened. She is brave and will keep going no matter what. She's smart and full of life. She adores many things, she's taken a intrest in politics and thinks everything could have been dealt with a lot better than they already have been. She's honest and up front with people. She doesn't like to be rushed into things but will if it means she gets a better life. She thinks everything over before she goes through with it coming up with many possibility's before she speaks them out to the group or people around her. Sometimes she can become stubborn and bad tempered but other than that she loves to express herself and talk with a lot of diffrent people.
Items: She wears a range of dresses when she's in the mood to wear them and when she's not she's seen in the latest fashion trends going as long as their not dresses that is. She always is seen with jewellery on that looks very expensive. She wears anything from high heels to sneakers as she knows she can pull them both off due to her smooth long legs. She carry's a pistol for safety reasons in her bag. She has a hunting rifle as she too hunts.
She adores animals and is mostly seen with her pet dogs or her horses.

Urbanzorro

@elfguy: Approved :D

@ LordHarketh193: Are you looking to play both characters or just one?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

LordHarketh193

xPeachyPuff

Gonna have to withdraw my interest I'm afraid! Can't really think of anything at the moment and am getting a little busier. Have fun everyone! (:

- Rainbow ♥

Urbanzorro

@xSnorkleRainbow: Sorry to see you go. But thank you for the heads up
@LordHarketh193: A few quick notes. Bonita needs to live in Ridgemond, or be in there for some reason. Also there's a few too many guns between your two characters. I'll allow one of them to have either the pistol or the rifle but not both, and the other will have to have some other sort of weapon if you feel they need one. Once you address those things they are approved :D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

LordHarketh193

Quote from: LordHarketh193 on August 28, 2013, 07:38:44 PM
Character Sheet #1

Image:
Name: Daniel Potterson
Race/Ethnicity: Irish/white British
Sexuality:Bisexual
Bio: Daniel has always been the smart man behind the group, he was the leader of a group in all of his school years. During highschool he was known as "Wolf" because of his way of living and making the group know who was in charge. After that he left with A's and B's in every subject he'd chosen to take. He went to the best college there was and left with all he needed to go to university and graduate with his future plans set in motion. In college he was known as "Jackal" because he was a sneaky sly man who wouldn't think twice about stabbing his own friends firmly in the back. In university he was known as "Boss" for his natural leadership skills and the ability to be the boss in any situation. After he left university he went straight into business and he became a young entrepreneur at the age of 20. By 26 he was a well known well respected very rich business man.
Personality: Daniel is good tempered, loyal and kind to those who need it. However he is a natural leader and can become stubborn and mean to many people. He's not into going solo and having to be alone for a long time, he's a very outgoing social person. He's smart and loves to prove himself to anyone who asks or questions him or his personality. He doesn't care for polotics and has a tendency to crave power over anything. He's quite a straightforward person if you say or do something he doesn't like he'll be sure to let everyone and you know about it. He's a fighter and will never give up, strong willed and violent when threatened. He's like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get from him.
Items:  Daniel wears suits when he's wanting to make an impression or when he's at work. But other than that he's usually seen in jeans, sneakers, shirts (tank tops, shirts, etc), jackets (leather, denmin, cotton, etc). He always carry's his pistol with him.

Character Sheet #2

Image:
Name: Bonita Felipa Emperatriz
Race/Ethnicity(Optional): Spanish/White British
Sexuality:Straight
Bio: Bonita Lived in Spain, Madrid, for 16 years before she packed up and moved over to England to better herself in a wider options of careers. She was eaten up by the art academy London and within years had become England's baby girl and spains goddess. She was married but she split with her lover months before becoming a artist and expressing herself through art work she sold under a false name then rose up and came clean about it, which took the price of the paintings to over a million. Then after art she moved on to dance and expressed herself through that before she was approached to become a full time model. She agreed and now is very rich and lives in Texas with a string of lovers and pets. Money can buy you anything is what she stands by.
She moved to Ridgemond in search of a better life than what she already had.

Personality: Bonita is a sweet, bubbly, kind loving person she tends to just stray from those characteristics whens she becomes stressed and threatened. She is brave and will keep going no matter what. She's smart and full of life. She adores many things, she's taken a intrest in politics and thinks everything could have been dealt with a lot better than they already have been. She's honest and up front with people. She doesn't like to be rushed into things but will if it means she gets a better life. She thinks everything over before she goes through with it coming up with many possibility's before she speaks them out to the group or people around her. Sometimes she can become stubborn and bad tempered but other than that she loves to express herself and talk with a lot of diffrent people.
Items: She wears a range of dresses when she's in the mood to wear them and when she's not she's seen in the latest fashion trends going as long as their not dresses that is. She always is seen with jewellery on that looks very expensive. She wears anything from high heels to sneakers as she knows she can pull them both off due to her smooth long legs. She has a hunting rifle as she hunts but its not on her person so she carrys a small knife with her in her bag.
She adores animals and is mostly seen with her pet dogs or her horses.

That okay?

Urbanzorro

Looks good, I'll post them up with the other characters in the OOC thread.

Well that's four characters. I'll have some information up on the OOC thread sometime today or tomorrow, once its up I'll look at starting us off. So if you're interested and haven't posted a character up please do so asap :D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

LordHarketh193

Charlotte Fox

I'd like to submit her for approval :)

Character Sheet

Player: Charlotte Fox

Image:

Name: Leah Bohmer

Race/Ethnicity(Optional): White

Sexuality: Bisexual

Bio: Leah was born and raised in Ridgemond. She went to school there, she graduated there and she now lives and works in, you guessed it, Ridgemond. It was always her desire to pack up and leave, move to somewhere flashy like Miami or LA. But she was seemingly stuck in the city. Leah has always been your typical ‘bad girl’. Even as a small child she was constantly getting into trouble, from detentions in school to getting into scraps with other kids. This is not to say that it was her parents fault, in fact they were some of the best parents one could hope for. Leah was just a free-spirited, independent, and stubborn individual who insisted on cutting her own path into the world. She did not go to any post-secondary education, and much to her parents dismay, she has a less than clean criminal record. This is not to say she is not intelligent either, she on the contrary can be exceptionally bright. Her councillor had said it was because she didn’t find school challenging enough that she acted out, Leah figured it was just because she had a serious love affair with trouble. She drinks, she swears, she fights, she smokes, and she most certainly does not pay attention to politics. She works in the grungiest bar in downtown Ridgemond as a bartender/waitress, and that was where she was when the sirens began to go off.

Personality: Leah is a little rough on the outside, she’s guarded and doesn’t like to let people in. But that doesn’t mean that she isn’t a big softie on the inside. She is more than capable of feeling empathy, and she has a tendency to fall into ‘big sister’ roles with her friends. She can be extremely intelligent – perhaps not in the book smart way, but in a street smart kind of way.

Items She typically has her purse with her (what girl doesn’t?), which contains your basic girlie essentials (make-up, mirror, brush, travel toothbrush, travel Kleenex etc.), she also has her keys, wallet, pepper spray (in case of rapists her mother said), and cellphone. The only things she’d have access to would be the things found in a typical bar, such as the billy club hidden under the till.

Urbanzorro

@Charlotte Fox: she looks good and is approved :D

@Everyone: I've updated the OOC thread with all of our approved characters as well as a map of the city, I should have our IC thread up sometime today. Feel free to begin conversation in the OOC thread and of course if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

@Everyone: Our I.C Thread is now up :D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Charlotte Fox

LordHarketh193

Charlotte Fox